Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #61
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SO what is for dinner?

DH is taking the girls to the city when they get home from school. I'm staying home to tend to sick critters and get some work done in the lovely silence.

He'll probably treat them to A&W (Erin loves their onion rings) on the go. ETA: We don't eat fast food often, so when we do, it's with no guilt whatsoever.

I'm likely finding some sort of single-serving leftover in the freezer, long forgotten because no one liked it at the time but me. I think there's a yummy mushroom soup in there somewhere I should find. A salad would be nice, but I'm out of lettuce. I'll probably have a bit of cheddar and a chopped-up tomato on the side and maybe some plums I canned in the fall (no one else likes them because they taste somewhat like prunes, only not dried... phooey to them).
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (03-08-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #62
bliss
Rose Garden

NEUROSPICY!

bliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza Noodle: cook enough pasta (elbows, ziti, penne, or rotini work well) to fill your 9x13 pan. Drain, mix in 1 big can spaghetti sauce, 1 can olives, chopped, and if you eat meat a couple handfuls pepperoni, chopped. If you're veg and made of money, there's meatless pepperoni but it's SPENDY . Top with a GENEROUS coating of shredded mozzerella and bake until melty. Good with green beans, bread, and salad .
3boysforme (02-28-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking tonite I will be getting leftover chicken noodle soup for myself from last week.
The family is probably getting the gluten-tainted leftover pork roast from last week, either shredded up and mixed with bbq sauce and heated and on tortillas, or in stir-fry and over rice...have to figure out what veggies I have around to decide which it's gonna be.
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #64
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Lunch was... None of the above We had leftover Mexican Supper will be the leftovers I mentioned earlier.

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #65
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inesperada View Post
Sweet Potato &Black Bean burritos.
My weird family hates black beans. Phooey

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #66
inesperada
Rose Garden

Play nice, y'all.

inesperada has disabled reputation

Well, the original recipe calls for kidney beans, and I've seen some people comment that they tried it with pinto beans.

Wife of mi medianaranja, the tender-hearted servant, whose still waters run deep
Abbott, intensely 10
Hooch, SIX!
Our God is the God of the unexpected. ~Bill Crowder
inesperada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #67
3boysforme
Deactivated

It's the Peanut!

3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute3boysforme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
DH is taking the girls to the city when they get home from school. I'm staying home to tend to sick critters and get some work done in the lovely silence.

He'll probably treat them to A&W (Erin loves their onion rings) on the go. ETA: We don't eat fast food often, so when we do, it's with no guilt whatsoever.

I'm likely finding some sort of single-serving leftover in the freezer, long forgotten because no one liked it at the time but me. I think there's a yummy mushroom soup in there somewhere I should find. A salad would be nice, but I'm out of lettuce. I'll probably have a bit of cheddar and a chopped-up tomato on the side and maybe some plums I canned in the fall (no one else likes them because they taste somewhat like prunes, only not dried... phooey to them).

I miss A&W! By far one of my most favorite places to eat when I was a kid.

Tonight we are having a chicken that has been stuffed with onion, cilantro, and a jalepeno pepper. It has been in the crockpot all day

For sides we will finish up that spanish rice and the greens.
3boysforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #68
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

No supper in sight around here.

I have a mondo headache/toothache plus I'm grumpy. The couch and TV are our friends today!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #69
cbmk4
Rose Garden

INTJ

cbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond reputecbmk4 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, tonight it's leftovers, so I hope Idon't hear grumbling about it.

Mama to my four dear children ages 22, 19, (forever 13) and 10
cbmk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #70
NeshamaMama
Rose Garden

Formerly emilik :)

NeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight we're having lemon caper chicken. I wisely took out 2 extra chicken breasts since the last couple times I made this we've wanted to keep eating and eating and eating.

Christopher
(INTP)

Mama to
Mayah Evangeline (01/10
)
and
Miriam Anneliese (05/12)
Living simply and loving my God!

NeshamaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NeshamaMama For This Useful Post:
Macky (02-28-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #71
Wishing Well

Tonight we're having vegetable fried rice. I fry up some onions, add in the brown rice, then the water; fluff the rice, let it cool. Then stir-fry mixed veggies, the rice, and a little teriyaki sauce.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #72
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Jambalaya (from a box with like 2 cups of chopped veggies in it and smoked sausage)

and sweet tea if i get around to making it today
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #73
Macky
Deactivated

Macky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond reputeMacky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilik View Post
Tonight we're having lemon caper chicken. I wisely took out 2 extra chicken breasts since the last couple times I made this we've wanted to keep eating and eating and eating.
Awwww man... I haven't made anything with capers for a loooong time. Recipe?
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #74
staceylayne
Rose Garden

Hopeful.

staceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond reputestaceylayne has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken pesto pasta with tomatoes and olives (for those that will eat them). Maybe a salad on the side. But I kind of enjoy the idea of only dirtying one bowl per person. Maybe no salad.

Joyful momma to:

B - 7.5, my pensive planner
D - 5.5, my spunky sunshine
C - 3.5, my cuddly cutie

And baby girl A, born April 28!
Why, yes, I am ENFP

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:17-18
staceylayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #75
ronioli
Climbing Rose

ronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant futureronioli has a brilliant future

Garbanzo bean curry (channa) with naan or basmati rice (the beans have been soaking since last night, I just need to pressure cook them when we get home from dd's track practice)

Cucumber and tomato salad

Blackberries for dessert
inesperada (02-28-2012)