Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Age your children slept through the night dry?

I watch a little girl who is not quite four. Her mom is concerned she is not sleeping through the night dry yet. I've told her it's absolutely normal.

At what age did your kids sleep dry through the night?

My kids are old enough I can't remember, but I know it wasn't three or four.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (12-17-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #2
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age your children slept through the night dry?

At least one of mine was 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-30-2021), everybody's mother (12-17-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 10:24 AM   #3
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

My oldest two by 2 when they were day dry.

My youngest? Not yet at 4.5 (day potty trained since 24 months) and it's driving me insane. My sister said to lay down the law with drinks at night and potty before I go to bed if that's after she does. My sister also only does milk with dinner and not water because water goes right through you. I'm thinking water with lemon would be okay too. Hmmm. Her kids drink plenty of water all day.

It's on our agenda for this winter. It gives her painful rashes to still be wet some nights, so it's definitely a health issue for us.

My child is waking in the night, and I think it's when she is peeing. It's a breif wake, but enough to distrub me. Sometimes it's just a quick shout, "mama" and she's back to sleep. Other times she crawls into my bed (from our room or from other rooms in the house.)
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016

Last edited by ECingMama; 11-29-2021 at 11:27 AM.
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #4
SewingGreenMama
Rose Trellis

Deuteronomy 11:19

SewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond repute

1st was 6yo, 2nd was 4.75yo, 3rd is almost 7 and pretty far from being dry at night. 4th is to little for potty-training at all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"If punishment were necessarily reformative, and able to cure us all of those 'sins we have a mind to,' why, the world would be a very good world;" -Charlotte Mason, Parents and Children pg. 172

W&C 8/4/06; G 15yo , M 11yo , S 8/29/13 , V 8yo , Baby 2yo
SewingGreenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SewingGreenMama For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 10:51 AM   #5
Elibellamiah
Rose Trellis

Elibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to remember, I know they were all different. I remember our pediatrician saying she doesn't get concerned until they are 7 years old and none of mine ended up still wetting the bed regularly by that age. I think my oldest was pretty close to 7, but my youngest two were more like 2 or 3 (I suspect because they slept with me and I would wake up to them squirming around and take them).
Elibellamiah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elibellamiah For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #6
derdsgirl
Rose Trellis

derdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Z slept through the night (meaning zero wake ups for me) from age 4-7. C reported at that age he would sometimes wake up and stim (they shared a room). He is up at least twice a night now at 13 and requires assistance. If not for his particular situation I think he would have continued not needing assistance during his wake ups but I'm not sure he would have slept through completely. So I'm basically saying, he never has and he is 13.

C slept through the night young, I know he never liked being rocked to sleep or needed it, he fell asleep on his own at days old. So he was sleeping all the way through as an infant or very young toddler.

It just depends on the kid.

Edit: I misread this. I thought the question was simply "when did they sleep through the night?" which I answered. Night continence is a whole other thing. I honestly don't remember. All my children were night continent before being fully potty trained. I wondered why people were answering with continence information. Sorry for the misread. That is what y'all get before my morning tea.

Last edited by derdsgirl; 11-29-2021 at 01:10 PM.
derdsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to derdsgirl For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-30-2021), SewingGreenMama (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #7
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
I watch a little girl who is not quite four. Her mom is concerned she is not sleeping through the night dry yet. I've told her it's absolutely normal.

At what age did your kids sleep dry through the night?

My kids are old enough I can't remember, but I know it wasn't three or four.
Please note my answers might be off based on memory.
DD potty trained at 25 months. I guess it was at least a year before she was night dry but not quite 2 years. It definitely felt "long" but not sure what would feel long at that time in my life.

DS was potty trained at 23 months. I can't remember how long but I do remember it was LONGER than dd. If I had to guess again, I would say at least 2 years for any nighttime consistency.

Looking into the way back machine - 1 month before his 5th birthday we went to Yellowstone and he had a nighttime potty incontinence and I did NOT have pull ups for night anymore. I remember thinking Erg! I thought I didnt need to bring them, but I did need to bring them. So he was definitely dry at night by 5. I must have brought them in April (Yellowstone was June) - when we traveled because I remember Yellowstone being the 1st time not packing them. Maybe he didnt use them at the April trip since I didnt bring them in June. But the April trip was closer, driving, etc.

So based on that timeline I would say not until after 4, maybe say nighttime at 4 in general and 4.5-5 for any extra ordinary heavy sleep situations. We cruised at 5.5 and I do think he stayed dry all night on that trip.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #8
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

All my kids were dry all night before the age of 2, but I think that is somewhat unusual.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #9
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

I had one that was 5.5 before she was dry at night. Two that were dry by 2. The last one I can't remember exactly, but I think somewhere between 3 and 5.

None of them reliably slept through the night before 3. They woke up whether they were wet or not.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #10
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

2, 3, 1, 2, and 2.

The one year old was the one I started EC with at 9 months. The others I did Ec-ish style potty training but not that early.

I think 2-4 is common. It's worth mentioning to her child's doctor, if for no other reason than to be reassured it's not a cause for concern.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

ETA if all other development is on track, I'd be especially reassured. If not, then I'd want to start looking at options. Not for staying dry, but to look into help for general development.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #11
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
Please note my answers might be off based on memory.
DD potty trained at 25 months. I guess it was at least a year before she was night dry but not quite 2 years. It definitely felt "long" but not sure what would feel long at that time in my life.

DS was potty trained at 23 months. I can't remember how long but I do remember it was LONGER than dd. If I had to guess again, I would say at least 2 years for any nighttime consistency.

Looking into the way back machine - 1 month before his 5th birthday we went to Yellowstone and he had a nighttime potty incontinence and I did NOT have pull ups for night anymore. I remember thinking Erg! I thought I didnt need to bring them, but I did need to bring them. So he was definitely dry at night by 5. I must have brought them in April (Yellowstone was June) - when we traveled because I remember Yellowstone being the 1st time not packing them. Maybe he didnt use them at the April trip since I didnt bring them in June. But the April trip was closer, driving, etc.

So based on that timeline I would say not until after 4, maybe say nighttime at 4 in general and 4.5-5 for any extra ordinary heavy sleep situations. We cruised at 5.5 and I do think he stayed dry all night on that trip.
My kids can be dry for entire year at night and still pee the hotel bed. I use pull ups on trips for 2 years after they are night potty trained! Learned the hard way.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-30-2021), kiloyd (12-01-2021), SewingGreenMama (11-29-2021), twoplustwo (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Her general development is well on target. I think she is just sleeping hard and needs more time.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #13
zak
Administrator

Friend of the Fellowship

zak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond repute

26 months, 7-8 YEARS (I don't remember exactly, but it was a STRUGGLE - he was the EASIEST EC baby ever - hardly ever pooped in a diaper, but the pee thing overnight was horrible), 2.5 years, 2.5 years, almost 4 years

Dedicated GCMer since 2003

Administrator and Moderating Cradled, Babes, Breastfeeding, Beautiful Mothers and Circumcision
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zak For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-30-2021), kiloyd (12-01-2021), SewingGreenMama (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #14
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

It’s been a long time but I think it was between 3 and 5 for both of mine. With ds he basically potty trained both day and night at the same time between 3.5 and 4 with an occasional accident (not more than once a month). Dd is harder to remember because she was daytime potty trained earlier but I feel like nighttime was later than ds. Both were completely dry by 5 though.

Last edited by rdsmommy; 11-29-2021 at 07:54 PM.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-30-2021), everybody's mother (12-17-2021), SewingGreenMama (11-30-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #15
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

Potty trained by 2.5, not consistently dry at night until 7. They all went back and forth from age 3 though, spells of being dry and then needing to be woken up in the middle of the night. We would do like a 1am bathroom wake up and that helped.

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-30-2021), kiloyd (12-01-2021), SewingGreenMama (11-30-2021)