Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Meals in July

New thread for the month

Tonight will be roast beef and veggies. I bought a big enough roast that we can have leftovers tomorrow
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 02:51 AM   #2
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meals in July

Our garden is overflowing with Romaine (and greens!), so I predict many a salad the next couple of weeks!

We had Asian lettuce wraps last night. It's Prima's favorite way to eat lettuce.

I think I'm going to make piadina (Italian flat bread) this afternoon and serve with sauteed greens for dinner.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:27 AM   #3
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

We had a basic chicken and veggie stir fry last night.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:57 PM   #4
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I made lettuce wraps last night also. They tasted good, but most of my family was not a fan and preferred them deconstructed.
DH and I get to meet friends for dinner tonight, so my boys are making tacos.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 04:58 AM   #5
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Crock pot cream cheese chicken tacquitos for dinner last night.

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slo...cken-taquitos/

Buttered garlic carrots and asparagus on the side.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:54 PM   #6
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Monday - Grilled steak, rice, stuffed mushroom, salad
Tuesday - Mac n cheese
Wednesday - grilled sausage and peppers, grilled asparagus, grilled pineapple, cheesy grits
Thursday - Spaghetti, salad
Friday - Chicken cordon bleu only there was no chicken at the store so used pork chops, rice, corn
Saturday - Grilled pimento cheese burgers, stuffed pimento cheese peppers, oven fries
Sunday - Dinner at our kids' house!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
blondie (07-10-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 09:36 PM   #7
kdm1984
Seedling Rose

kdm1984 is a jewel in the roughkdm1984 is a jewel in the roughkdm1984 is a jewel in the roughkdm1984 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy2boys View Post
New thread for the month

Tonight will be roast beef and veggies. I bought a big enough roast that we can have leftovers tomorrow
Not much cooking in this house.

My husband is an extremely picky eater who eats very little other than protein shakes, cereal, oatmeal, fries, fruit, and ice cream. Oh, and bread/bagels from Panera.

My son has PKU (phenylketonuria) and will have to live off special formula and the occasional low Phe fruits and veggies (about 85% of food is off limits to people with PKU; they cannot break down a common amino acid in protein, phenylalanine).

I wasn't taught to cook much anyway. I did learn how to make a few things when I assisted individuals with disabilities in their homes for a few years, but I can do only basic cooking. I can scramble eggs, fry ham, or make a stir fry in a skillet, cook soup or boil broccoli or hot dogs in a saucepan, bake fish or pizza in the oven, and...that's about it, lol. I put most things, including my quinoa, in the microwave.

Last edited by kdm1984; 07-09-2022 at 09:39 PM.
kdm1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:37 AM   #8
2sunshines

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm1984 View Post
Not much cooking in this house.

My husband is an extremely picky eater who eats very little other than protein shakes, cereal, oatmeal, fries, fruit, and ice cream. Oh, and bread/bagels from Panera.

My son has PKU (phenylketonuria) and will have to live off special formula and the occasional low Phe fruits and veggies (about 85% of food is off limits to people with PKU; they cannot break down a common amino acid in protein, phenylalanine).

I wasn't taught to cook much anyway. I did learn how to make a few things when I assisted individuals with disabilities in their homes for a few years, but I can do only basic cooking. I can scramble eggs, fry ham, or make a stir fry in a skillet, cook soup or boil broccoli or hot dogs in a saucepan, bake fish or pizza in the oven, and...that's about it, lol. I put most things, including my quinoa, in the microwave.
Meal prep is all about whatever works for you and your household. So iot sounds like you have a system! It's difficult with so many food restrictions/preferences.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
kdm1984 (07-11-2022), Singingmom (07-11-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #9
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

I made my first whole chicken. I’m really growing up.
It was local from the Huderite (sp?) colony. They are tricky to get because they sell out at farmer’s market so fast. It was so delicious. I roasted it in my dutch oven with veggies and rosemary. Carrots And turnips. Rice, caprese salad, and a spinach salad.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (07-11-2022), knitlove (07-10-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 05:57 AM   #10
2sunshines

I meal planned for tonight and tomorrow!

Tonight I'm making shepherds pie. Tomorrow will be chicken curry over rice.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:52 PM   #11
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I made Sausage and Vegetable Pasta. It was simple and yummy!
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:06 PM   #12
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my man a hot sandwich press thingy for his birthday in two weeks and ended up opening it and using it for hot sandwiches and soup last night. Adult birthdays- useful household items not always given on the correct day.

Tonight was Ramen. We can’t do the packaged kind that is common, but I found a huge bag of just the noodles at our asian food market. Stock from Sunday’s chicken and some fresh veg, canned chicken and boiled eggs. Big hit.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
knitlove (07-14-2022)
Old 07-13-2022, 04:54 AM   #13
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

I need to go grocery shopping!

Last night we had Instant Pot Chicken Chili. Everything I put in the IP was either frozen or from the pantry. Best.Appliance.Ever.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (07-13-2022)
Old 07-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #14
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Someone gifted us fresh crab! Last night was surf & turf. Crab with butter and burgers.

Tonight I’m using the leftover crab and making Thai soup with it. I’ll have rice and quinoa to add.

Tomorrow is shopping day. Not sure what wi be for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:29 AM   #15
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!
I haven't been cooking for a few days.
We have a lot of peppers and other veggies to use up, so I am making stuffed peppers and a salad.
Tomorrow will be chicken stir fry with rice. I wish I could reverse those, and use leftover rice for the peppers, but that doesn't work out timing wise.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote