Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
ReedleBeetle
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Hangin' on for dear life!

ReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flower Essences... DIY?

I have also made them. I'm with SPM on this. It is deeply spiritual and connecting to the Creator for me....and I have seen it be the opposite for others. There really is *weird* stuff out there and not knowing how a person will fall and land with that knowledge is something I will be very cautious of.

I will say this. I have struggled with my faith for years. I had to come to a place that, even if I knew nothing else, I KNEW that God was real before I could pursue these things. This came from listening to God. "Be still and know that I am God." I did that....and tuned into what He was telling me, and from that, found ways to pursue healing in the things He created around us and for us. It has been beautifully connecting. Spiritually healing as well.

Besides, my essences weren't the best. I still have a long ways to go and I might give the wrong information....as I trial and error my way through learning.

Single Momma to LegoCraft May 2005
ReedleBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReedleBeetle For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (08-01-2014), DancingWithElves (07-30-2014), sweetpeasmommy (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
Dovenoir
Rose Garden

Dove - noir

Dovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond repute

In other venues I have come to learn that He created energy, and I draw from his source, no other.

Should this turn into a discussion of sources you've weeded out for whatever reason?
WanderingJuniper (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #18
ReedleBeetle
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Hangin' on for dear life!

ReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond reputeReedleBeetle has a reputation beyond repute

No....I really don't think that will help. Some of us have stated boundaries, and I feel like they are really being pushed.

I understand it might feel like other people have this secretive information that you want. Secrets can make some people pushy. I can be like that. This isn't about secrets though. The information is on the internet for at least the basics. You have to be careful and use lots of discernment as you go through the information.

What is actually happening is that some of us, from what I'm reading (I know I am coming from this perspective), have seen too many people fall into other things not of God by looking into this, and while that doesn't have to happen, knowing that this subject holds a greater risk of that, we are stating that we will not share here, because we have a responsibility to God first. That means if we believe there is a higher than normal potential for something to lead away from God instead of towards Him, like it should, we are responsible for how, when, where and if we share that information.

Single Momma to LegoCraft May 2005
ReedleBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReedleBeetle For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (08-01-2014), DancingWithElves (07-30-2014), Hermana Linda (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #19
mamajane
Rose Garden

mamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond reputemamajane has a reputation beyond repute

I think that asking advice about specific resources to avoid is totally reasonable.
mamajane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamajane For This Useful Post:
DancingWithElves (07-30-2014), Little Forest (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #20
Dovenoir
Rose Garden

Dove - noir

Dovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond reputeDovenoir has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your vote of confidence Mamajane.

Likewise, when the church refuses to allow things to be talked about- to maintain his presence in areas where others would bar him. It draws the children of the flock to look outside the church for information.

Many veins of natural medicine, homeopathy and so forth draw from humanism only because there is no one writing to bring God and his creation into the mix.

The information seeking is not wrong. I am not pushing, just trying to rephrase my questions. I know that out of the 200+ people still on GCM regularly. The 3 knowledgeable respondents in this thread are not the only people who use and talk about flower essence.

Singling out any one person and continuing to push would be pushing boundaries. I was hoping someone else would come in to talk about it.

Meanwhile I've joined another forum that will let me discuss it. I wish I could share it with my sisters here. But apparently that can't happen.

If anyone would like to have a conversation about this, continue here. If you feel uncomfortable, please know that I'm not pushing at you.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #21
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

We are people on a message board, not the church. If your sister in Christ says to you "I've seen people turn away from God because ( at least in part) of these things", it isn't disallowing it to be talked about. It is a fellow believer saying proceed with caution. If this brings you closer to the creator as it does with myself and others, it is an amazing blessing. Truly.

If it leads you to worship the created instead of the Creator or the energy instead of the Source, I can't have any part of that.

Op, I hope you find what you seek. I don't know your walk well enough to discern which path I would be helping you on. I am quite grieved at those who turned away.

Sort of OT but the majority of my homeopath's entire clientele is made up of believers including Amish and Mennonites. They believe in God and energetic medicine far beyond mainstream medicine.

You are not being silenced. You are being reminded by those who have gone before you that you must approach things with prayer and a willingness to listen.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (08-01-2014), CelticJourney (07-27-2014), Codi (07-28-2014), DancingWithElves (07-30-2014), ReedleBeetle (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #22
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

Little Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond repute

Dovenoir, that sounds like a very interesting topic! Unfortunately I know nothing.

Sweet Pea-DD1, Jan 04, 1/4
Tiger Lily-DD2, Jan 06, 2/1
Buttercup-DD3, Feb 08, 2/4
Dandelion-DD4, Nov 10, 2/3
Honeysuckle-DD5 March 13, 2/4
And there is DH too, ISTJ, DYT 4/2, I think!
Little Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #23
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovenoir View Post
Should this turn into a discussion of sources you've weeded out for whatever reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajane View Post
I think that asking advice about specific resources to avoid is totally reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
It really is trial and error and I don't know that I've seen a link I would share here.
I took this to mean that she hasn't found any worth sharing, therefore everything she's seen she would recommend avoiding.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ReedleBeetle (07-28-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

just so happened, i adopted an old edition of bach's 38 essences book the other day it's surprisingly good! i learned lots so far. sometimes in communicating something as subtle as the state of someone's mind just a few different phrases make a huge impact on how deeply i understand something, or even on whether something clicks at all.
(i find this to be true with any homeopathic text though)
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
Dovenoir (07-30-2014)