Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #16
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring Cleaning 2019 (Fall Cleaning for those Down Under!)

I got a few things crossed off.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:48 PM   #17
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

In exactly 2 hours, Im off 9 days . 3 of those are traveling so lost of the next two days are Dr appts and prep for our trip.

Clean up landscaping and mulch— wait! Rainy, cannot do!
Start garden plans
Swim suit area
Bathroom cupboard

Tupperware
My closet and dresser
Under our bed- mop/dust our room
Start basement
Start homeschool area
Sell homeschool stuff
Implement new house rescue plan.

?Paint our room

I’m sure I’m being overly optimistic as I should spend some time resting but better to have a bigger goal than too small

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”

Last edited by tempus vernum; 04-29-2019 at 06:41 AM.
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-24-2019), Soliloquy (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 PM   #18
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't planning on deep cleaning my eldest's room until she moved in to another room but we did a bunch of cleaning anyway. She gets overwhelmed. I just start tackling things. She's really grateful. She has friends over tonight and her room is nice and clean.

Lots of bedding got washed. I put away some of the heavier blankets but the nights are still very cool and I can't put them all away yet.

I also am starting a list of things to be done every single day, nothing more than 15 minutes. So my dh can look at the list and do them or direct the kids to do them. Every time I've tried to implement something like that before it's been all on my but I think he's on board this time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (04-27-2019), tempus vernum (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

We have company for a potluck dinner tomorrow, and then next week my mom will be here for a few nights. Time to prep the house and do some meal planning. I have had a headache for at least a week, making it hard to think, so I'll start on one side of the house and slowly make my way across. First up, rec. room that's over the garage.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #20
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back from FL. I have 2 weeks until my son's graduation which is taking place at our house. My house needs to be cleaned top to bottom. It smells like dog and dirty kids. I am thinking of starting upstairs this week since that part of the house won't actually be seen by the guests, unless my son takes friends upstairs.

Then next week, I'll do the downstairs really well. And hopefully it'll stay clean for Sat. I am going out of town again Thurs night-Fri night right before the Sat graduation. Everything has to be done by Thurs midday.

Today I am working on decluttering the downstairs in prep for cleaning and I'll work on cleaning my own room, unpacking, and laundry.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #21
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Got more things crossed off
Old 05-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #22
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I started to clean off the back deck. It's highly visible from our kitchen and living room windows so I'm constantly reminded of how messy it is out there. This week I hope to put flowers in the planters. Our night temps are finally high enough to put seedlings outside and direct sow. I'm also dreaming about new patio furniture...
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
knitlove (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #23
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I just deep cleaned the front entry way. The baseboards and walls get all scuffed up from winter boots. Looks and smells so much better. The cats scratched one of the baseboards. I need to paint over that but no rush.

My only big job left is to move the big sectional and clean under it.

And my closet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #24
RiverRock

It feels good to have had a day at home to slowly work on a few jobs. I washed walls, changed burnt out lights, and cleaned windows and screens in a few rooms. I also bought indoor and outdoor plants that I will put in planters later today.

Someone came today to power wash the back deck and tomorrow they will brush play sand in between the pavers. I bit the bullet and ordered patio furniture. I want to enjoy our outdoor space more than we have in the past few years.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #25
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly spring cleaning, more like summer cleaning - our goal is to get the garage cleaned up this summer. It's a mess of a dumping ground. I usually feel like a very organized person until I look at our garage. Yikes. Dd and I started in there tonight to make some room for ds bringing all of his college stuff home tomorrow and we got a good amount done for a pretty short time. Hopefully we freed up enough space for his stuff. And then we can go back through individual stuff and cull and consolidate this summer.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #26
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

We got the van in the garage! Getting both cars in is fairly tight what with bikes and lawn equipment but we did it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-16-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I did so much yesterday even though I had a cold. Now I am totally worn out! I moved dh's "office" out of the kitchen and into the dining room, which we use as a school room. I cleaned out a bunch of books that I need to sell. I washed shelves as I moved everything around. I have a couple of bags of clothes in the back of my car. I moved 2 rugs out of their rooms and tomorrow I plan to wash them on my driveway with a hose! My dogs have been having fun peeing on them.

Our garage is terrible. I need to work on that when I get the energy.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #28
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I've been avoiding doing my closet. My excuse is that we have warm days and cool days. It makes sense to wait until the weather is consistently warm.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #29
ThirstyTurtle
Rose Garden

ThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeThirstyTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

Our downstairs flooded with almost 3 feet of standing water at the end of February. We are in the middle of fixing it back up.

I still have a bunch of paperwork clutter from the downstairs in my bedroom.

Our screened-in porch desperately needs a deep cleaning and the things from the downstairs that is on it organized.

My stove really needs to be moved and cleaned underneath.

DS1-12/2006
DS2-04/2008
DS3-12/2009

You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of each other. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of him who gives and kindles joy in the heart of him who receives. All condemnation is from the devil. Never condemn each other. ... Keep silent, refrain from judgment. This will raise you above the deadly arrows of slander, insult and outrage and will shield your glowing hearts against all evil.
ThirstyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #30
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I've been avoiding doing my closet. My excuse is that we have warm days and cool days. It makes sense to wait until the weather is consistently warm.
That sounds reasonable to me Lisa

I've been in a bit of a rut lately so not much has gotten done But today I went through some of my books and now have a pile to donate to our church library so that feels good
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote