Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
dakotablue
Rose Trellis

dakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think I have kidney stones....update post 17

I woke up this morning with pain, kinda like I hadn't eaten in days. Its come and gone all day. Its in my back and side and up....

I am still peeing though. We can't really afford for me to go to ER. I mean if it gets worse or I have to go we obviously can. Dh kinda wants me to go now because he thinks if I'm feeling any pain it must be horrible, he thinks I superman

Anyone have kidney stones before? If the pain doesn't get too bad could I wait until Monday? If it gets worse then yeah I'll go, but right now its like really bad gas (which honestly I thought that's what it was, but its not bubbling or anything gas usually does...and it hasn't gone away)

Should I just drink tons of water?

I know this sounds like I'm playing fast and loose with my health, I'm not I don't feel that bad just bad enough I've taken real notice.

Thanks

Pumpkin Boy born via c/s 10/09
Love Bug Boy VBAC 2/11
Lady Bug VBAC 2/13

Proud wife to Dh since 12/06

Happily co-sleeping, breastfeeding, babywearing and homeschooling. gf/df/soy/nut free

enFj

Last edited by dakotablue; 05-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.
dakotablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Barefoot Bookworm
Rose Garden

Barefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond reputeBarefoot Bookworm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I have kidney stones....

Drink lots and lots of water. Sometimes lemonade or beer helps.
Lamb (12),
Miss Mousie (11),
Billy Goat (9),
Wren and Hedgehog (5)!
Barefoot Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
light of mine
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Baby smooches

light of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond repute

I have chronic kidney stones and I usually wait until I have unbearable pain for a couple of days, or if I start throwing up and can't keep hydrated.

IME and from what I've read that doesn't really sound like typical kidney stone pain though. Most kidney stone pain starts in the back-usually more stabbing in nature and radiating to the side and lower abdomen-not upward, and I've never heard anyone mistaking it for gas. Do you think there is any chance it could be a gallbladder attack?
Sparrow (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
dakotablue
Rose Trellis

dakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond repute

Lightofmine Thanks so much for your experience.
gallbladder...maybe.... though I'm not in the at risk category (i'm 28)

It is stabby, from what I read it seems to be pain in typical places. I'm not a gassy person so maybe I'm wrong, mostly the pain reminds me of bad hungry pains you get from a few days without food. My Dad gets these, which is why I though of them.

Right now I'm getting chills, like head to toe goose bumps, its 72 in my house (but its kinda neat I've never seen my calf have goose bumps before). I read that mean they are moving along and the pain is now centrally lower back...

I don't know what else it could be

Love Bug Boy VBAC 2/11
Lady Bug VBAC 2/13

Happily co-sleeping, breastfeeding, babywearing and homeschooling. gf/df/soy/nut free

enFj
The Following User Says Thank You to dakotablue For This Useful Post:
Sparrow (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
light of mine
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Baby smooches

light of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm ...

BTW, I am in no way trying to play doctor, just guessing along with you

FWIW I had my gallbladder out at 19. It seems pretty common for females after they have babies too. I can think of several of my friends who had gallbladder issues before they were 30. The only reason I keep mentioning it is because you mention the full-feeling stomach and some gassy-type pains, and the way it moves upwards.

A kidney stone should make your urine darker from the blood (you might be able to see spots of blood or it could just be microscopic making it orange-ish).

If you think it could be a kidney stone I would drink as much as possible to try to flush it out. Waiting a few days to see if it passes on its own probably won't hurt anything. My doctors give me 4 weeks as long as nothing is obstructed.

praying whatever it is goes away soon on its own.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

I'd guess gall bladder too. I had mine out at 22.

Do you have a fever?

Does it feel tender to press where your gall bladder is? Liverish area?

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
dakotablue
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'd guess gall bladder too. I had mine out at 22.

Do you have a fever?

Does it feel tender to press where your gall bladder is? Liverish area?
Yes, I don't think I'll do that again ...ok so gallbladder No fever, chills off and on.

Is there anything to do other than wait and see?

I'm feeling a bit better right now...been peeing and like crazy (recent change)

I'm going to try to sleep...

Thanks so so much! Maybe I'll call my GP tomorrow.

Love Bug Boy VBAC 2/11
Lady Bug VBAC 2/13

enFj
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

I once had a kidney stone, and it was excruciating! Like bad.

In case it is one, you can drink a mixture of 2oz lemon juice and 2oz olive oil. It should help you pass it, and relieve the pain.

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

If you still think could be kidney stone related would try cystex that has cranberry concentrate to help adhere to and flush out and also a urinary antiseptic nd something to relieve the pain.The olive/oil and lemon yu can drink in V8 juice and would help with either GB or KS

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
light of mine
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Baby smooches

Hope you are feeling better this morning
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
dakotablue
Rose Trellis

Hi!

I am feeling better, no more stabbing. Now I just have a constant dull ache in my back, like its bruised. Chills are gone.

I am going to call my doctor on Monday. I hope this isn't going to become a regular/ recurrent thing.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I'm so glad I have GCM.

Love Bug Boy VBAC 2/11
Lady Bug VBAC 2/13

enFj
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Get some Cystex in the meantime if you can in case it is kidney related - it will help with pain and the healing process

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to try a gallbladder flush to see if it helps, here's the one I use http://cmlhealth.blogspot.com/2010/0...der-flush.html Glad you're feeling better!

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
dakotablue
Rose Trellis

gallbladder ladies you get a gold star!

So I was better, I ate some homemade (and low fat) stir fry and it came back...Called my Doctor, he had me take some pain meds.

I go tomorrow for ultrasound and my Doctor thinks surgery to remove it tomorrow as well.

I 'tried' a cleanse (Olive oil and lemon ) and honestly...it didn't work, I did it in between attacks over night.

Prayers would be awesome. Thanks!!!

Love Bug Boy VBAC 2/11
Lady Bug VBAC 2/13

enFj
The Following User Says Thank You to dakotablue For This Useful Post:
homesteadmama (04-30-2012)
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for dakotablue:
homesteadmama (04-30-2012), light of mine (04-30-2012), Sparrow (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I have kidney stones....update post 15

I've tried the lemon juice and olive oil between attacks and it didn't work. The cleanse I do takes 2-3 days and ends with lj and oo but those days before make all the difference! Do some research before you agree to surgery...

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote