Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:18 AM   #16
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favorite toy that the kids ever had

There's a new thing out called spinnyos that all my kids are fascinated with. I jotted it down on my littlest's Christmas list but even my 6yo said he wanted to play with it.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:30 AM   #17
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Coordinator View Post
There's a new thing out called spinnyos that all my kids are fascinated with. I jotted it down on my littlest's Christmas list but even my 6yo said he wanted to play with it.
my little guy saw it on TV & has asked for that too. I don't think he'll be getting it though.

I'm having the same issue coming up with ideas for birthday (November - 2 weeks - yikes) & Christmas gifts for my guy & he's an only. It's because he doesn't really show interest in any one thing but rather minimal interest in a lot of different things. *sigh*
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:20 AM   #18
forty-two
Rose Garden

The Gospel is for Christians, too :).

forty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond reputeforty-two has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, when my youngest was that age and we had the same problem (already had all the kids toys that I'd wanted to have), I went through the house and picked out the sorts of things I'd have wanted to give him if only we hadn't already had them (especially those that were gathering dust because everyone forgot we had them ) and wrapped them up and "re-gifted" them to him . He loved it and we saved both money and space .

INTJ: introverted iNtuition with extraverted Thinking
DYT 4/2: connecting intellectually and emotionally
Enneagram 5w4: a need to perceive and to feel special

Wife to my pastor dh (INTP) since 2003

Mother to:
dd13, 'R'
dd10.5, 'A'
ds8, 'J'
and two in heaven: miscarried 10/29/04 and 01/01/05

Blog: Lutherama

What we want is just one thing, not the thing.
forty-two is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to forty-two For This Useful Post:
Chaos Coordinator (10-31-2015), ECingMama (10-31-2015), Llee (11-28-2016), MercyInDisguise (10-31-2015), mommychem (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #19
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

That is an excellent idea. My 6uo said he didn't want his bilibo anymore, so I told him to stash it under his bed and then gift it to 1yo for Christmas

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #20
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty-two View Post
Honestly, when my youngest was that age and we had the same problem (already had all the kids toys that I'd wanted to have), I went through the house and picked out the sorts of things I'd have wanted to give him if only we hadn't already had them (especially those that were gathering dust because everyone forgot we had them ) and wrapped them up and "re-gifted" them to him . He loved it and we saved both money and space .
I have all our best toys in a tub and would absolutely re-gift them to another child of ours. If the need arises.......
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:27 AM   #21
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we do that I just need ideas for grandparents. We already got the needed car seat at his bday, and I told my mom a sleep E O and diffuser for him for Christmas but I was just trying to see if there were some good toy options too

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:21 PM   #22
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

I am particularly partial to the 2004 Little People Farm (there are a bunch on ebay) and find it super fun to play with the kids.

My older kids have really enjoyed finding gifts for their younger siblings from their old stuff.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:01 PM   #23
Allison
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Allison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond repute

The Tonka Toughest Mighty Dump Truck was such a hit for my oldest son that we wound up getting one for each boy because the younger boys always wanted Kangaroo's. It definitely grew with them.

My youngest has been playing with his since before he could walk and still plays with it now at almost 10 years old. It's been outside most of the time, too, so they really hold up.
http://amzn.to/1iuNANC

Allison
Blessed mother of my three sons:
22, 20, 18

Grateful for GCM since 2004
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:57 PM   #24
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Bilibo
When I asked my dh to pick one up for the kids for Christmas many years ago, he was perplexed and doubtful, but he did it. 10 years later, he still says "you were right!" Because it has been a favorite of all the kids, still is played with nearly every day, and is in great shape.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
knitlove (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #25
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

An Enneagram 7 type 1/2 ENTP

MrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
The Tonka Toughest Mighty Dump Truck was such a hit for my oldest son that we wound up getting one for each boy because the younger boys always wanted Kangaroo's. It definitely grew with them.

My youngest has been playing with his since before he could walk and still plays with it now at almost 10 years old. It's been outside most of the time, too, so they really hold up.
http://amzn.to/1iuNANC
We have this and it is the BEST. My 3, 5, and 6 year olds play with it almost daily.
Missing three I will meet in Heaven (Feb 2012), (Apr 2016) & (Jun 2020)

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde
MrsHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHutch For This Useful Post:
Allison (11-02-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 06:15 AM   #26
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty-two View Post
We do this! It is always the things with a lot of pieces, like Potato Head sets or Little People, because it is not long before we pack them up out of frustration over finding pieces and parts everywhere.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #27
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

The cutting food and cutting fruit from Melissa and Doug
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #28
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

bump b/c this is an awesome thread.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sprout For This Useful Post:
OnlyBelieve (11-28-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 07:24 AM   #29
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberadaisy View Post
my little guy saw it on TV & has asked for that too. I don't think he'll be getting it though.

I'm having the same issue coming up with ideas for birthday (November - 2 weeks - yikes) & Christmas gifts for my guy & he's an only. It's because he doesn't really show interest in any one thing but rather minimal interest in a lot of different things. *sigh*
Man, this is no longer true. This kid is a walking commercial. He is so in love with his magic tracks these days & the commercials that come on Nick Jr. he's constantly asking for those products.

His favorites these days are any construction kit. He just got citiblocks for his birthday. Basically planks of wood. He loves his magformers & is waiting to buy a gear set when daddy cashes his birthday check from grandma. He also loves his plain ole unit blocks. He loves the games jenga, blokus, & stormy seas. He loves other board games as well. He is newly five & his world has seemed to explode with things he loves this last year.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #30
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

The Little People characters and sets. I'm trying to save them for grandchildren but my kids still drag them out sometimes (they are 10 and nearly 8). Wooden Unit blocks would be my second choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote