Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #16
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, my eyes hurt after today. um....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
Don't worry! It's likely eyestrain and not eye damage.

https://www.bustle.com/p/why-do-i-ha...it-means-78008
I was abt to post that from the other thread

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #17
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Nope it isnt anything in eyes it is calld a Flashburn. same symptoms a welder gets if they dont have eye protection on

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Hermana Linda (08-22-2017), KarenBoo (08-22-2017), tempus vernum (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #18
Quiteria
Rose Garden

Quiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond repute

My eyes feel a little tired, too. We did the same...only a few quick glances with the glasses...maybe 2 or 3 for less than 5 seconds.

Homeschooling mama to five:
a young adult (graduated!), two high schoolers, a big kid, and a kindergartner

And yes, they've all aged overnight since the last time you read my out-of-date sigg.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quiteria For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #19
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
Can u run your machine w frequencies that's similar to FSM? I get FSM today and will decide what to do tomorrow if FSM doesn't fix the remainder of the symptoms. I also am really exhausted after the eclipse. It was exhilarating physically and spiritually.
Yes, I was planning to "charge" some water with some frequencies and soak my eyes with that. I still have to look up what frequencies to use. Unfortunately, I can't use my laser right on my eyes, or else I would!!

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I got an appointment with the eye doctor for this afternoon. DH came to the rescue and took Kitten to her class so I can go to the eye doctor.

My homeopath also gave me remedies to use, so that's also a relief.

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (08-22-2017), Hermana Linda (08-22-2017), Llee (08-22-2017), Soliloquy (08-25-2017)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for KarenBoo:
ECingMama (08-22-2017), Llee (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #20
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Fwiw, I'm a ton better after FSM. I suspect underlying issues are what caused my eye strain/fatigue. I still feel "off" and we r all a bit off. But the buzzing I experienced went away during FSM which I didn't even realize happened until it was gone.

My dd's cramps are worse and she has a migraine. I believe the combination of the moon/sun together can have a huge effect on our bodies.

Hope to hear you are doing ok

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
KarenBoo (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #21
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the doctor, and he dilated my eyes and took a picture of my eyes, like a CT scan of the eyes. (They did the same thing last week!) Anyway, he said that my eyes look very healthy with no damage! :PTL

He said that this should all go away within a week. He wants me to look at a paper with a dot and grid lines every day and report if the grid lines get curvy because that's a problem, but he doesn't expect that.

I am very relieved!!!

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (08-22-2017), Hermana Linda (08-22-2017), JoannaV (08-25-2017), Llee (08-22-2017), mamacat (08-22-2017), MaySunflowers (08-23-2017), PrincessAnika (08-23-2017), Quiteria (08-22-2017), Reva (08-23-2017), Singingmom (08-22-2017), Soliloquy (08-25-2017), tempus vernum (08-22-2017), Virginia (08-25-2017), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (08-25-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #22
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Sent by means of Tapatalk

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (08-22-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #23
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so relieved!!
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #24
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

My eyes actually are still a mess! I'm still holding on to what the doctor said, but this is really bothering me! The wind, the sun, and computer screens all irritate my eyes! They got about 50% better the second day, and have stayed like this.

The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for KarenBoo:
ECingMama (08-26-2017), Singingmom (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBoo View Post
My eyes actually are still a mess! I'm still holding on to what the doctor said, but this is really bothering me! The wind, the sun, and computer screens all irritate my eyes! They got about 50% better the second day, and have stayed like this.
Praying they improve.

Sent by means of Tapatalk

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #26
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He said that this should all go away within a week. He wants me to look at a paper with a dot and grid lines every day and report if the grid lines get curvy because that's a problem, but he doesn't expect that.

I am very relieved!!!
That Amsler grid is trippy. When my dr gave me one I thought her copy machine was messed up because the lines on the grid were all broken but she swears they are straight.

I'm sorry your eyes are still bothering you.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #27
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Are you being careful to wear UV protective eyeware and limit bright light and wear dark glasses outdooors?

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #28
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

Yes. I have a bluelight coating on all of my glasses, and I wear dark glasses outside, and I've been keeping the windows closed. And I'm at the beach! Staying inside! But it's not as bad as that sounds because....well we're on an anniversary trip!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (08-26-2017), PrincessAnika (08-26-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 04:36 AM   #29
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Still thinking of u. My eyes remain tired but are better. How are u?

KarenBoo (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 06:35 AM   #30
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

I think my eyes are still slowly getting better, but they are still very irritated. On Friday, we took the Jeep to the beach (top up, windows up, but back windows are off.) I had to pretty much close my eyes the entire trip. (wind and sun) Then on Sunday we drove home and I could open my eyes for more than half of the trip, so that's better! But, they are just in a constant state of mild irritation. The doctor said I should be all better in a week, so that's today. That sure didn't happen!

I'm glad your eyes are improving Jodi!

The Following User Says Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
PrincessAnika (08-31-2017)