Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #151
Castle On A Cloud
Deactivated

Castle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household notebooks

Okay I've got mine started. I went over to my mom's yesterday and printed out any form I thought I might need Thank you to everyone who shared ideas and pictures and links of yours! I stole lots from you all! And then got a 2 inch binder and sheet protectors. This is not finished by any means. And I do not think I will actually be keeping everything in a sheet protector, I just need a hole puncher! Also, someone here gave the idea to make a divider out of a sheet protector by adding a tab of tape and a label, so that is what I am doing. I just designed the actual dividers, and just need to get some tabs made up. Nothing is filled out, cause, well, i just finished it this morning. One thing I would love input on is some verses. I have left a little area(s) on each tabbed page for some sort of bible verse or inspirational saying that has to do with the specific topic. The back side of each page is a printed page (with a floral design that I forgot to photograph) where I also intended to print out a verse/saying etc... So if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them Here we go! Sorry for the funky photos, I had a helper pulling at the binder!

First the front, side and back:

Then all of my sections
Calendar:

I currently have a year calendar and then my vague morning and evening routine (or what they *should* be):

then some weekly calendars. I had already printed out the dated one but then I found the other one, which i like much better. i also found one other that is similar to the second one, but is lined:

Then my housekeeping one. Ithis page!

Then i have a master to do list, where I will list things that need to be done, big things that need to be bought, etc...

Then my daily cleaning list. It has two pages, this is just the first. Things that should be done on a daily basis:

Then some variation of the daily quick clean:

Behind that is the emergency quick clean:

Then my *Super Duper Cleaning List* This one is things like scrubbing the indide of the fridge, cabints, windows, vaccuming under furniture, etc... Things that are not on a regular basis (for my lazy self-lol) So I have it listed with 8 weeks and I will decide which week I will do each room It, too, is two pages long

And then i have a bunch of stuff LadyBugSam linked to (thanks) FlyLady's Detailed Zone cleaning list, FL's 11 comandments, FL's kitchen makeover and her Zone 1 (entrance/dining room) and Zone 5 (living room) makeover lists. Just a pic of the first of many pages:

Next the food section:

right now I've got a weekly menu planner and monthly planner. the weekly's far right section says shopping list, but i think i will just put snack ideas there, as I have a seperate shopping list:

And I *know* everyone wants to see a picture of my shopping list! Next to that is a freezer inventory list. Behind that I have a pantry inventory list, and I could make a fridge one, but i think I may go through those things too fast to make it worth it...

Then a page for recipes to try, and favorite recipes. They both have columns for the recipe, the cookbook/source, the pags, and and comments:

My money section:

All i have printed out is a price list, but will be printing out lists of all my accounts with my log in information. Also my mothly budget, and some other things that I just did not have time to print yesterday!

Faith section:

The Parenting section (thank you to whoever suggested this one) my older 2 helped with the stickers on this one:

Then, the learning (homeschool) section. We are not going to be doing *school at home* so I thought this would be more appropriate. The kids also did stickers on this one:

The reference area:

I have just a birthdays and anniversaries list, and then a famiy yellow pages list, but will put any other info here. Info about each person in the family, random things like that:

and then my littlest helper while I was taking pics
Castle On A Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Castle On A Cloud For This Useful Post:
LadybugSam (01-16-2010), Redeemed (08-16-2010), RiverRock (01-16-2010), TraceMama (01-21-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #152
CakeLady

I all the ideas! Mine has needed revamping for awhile. However, I know I'd spend all my time making the pages just perfect and then never getting around to putting them in my binder.

Anyone want to share with a lazy mama?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #153
Naxi
Rose Bouquet

Naxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the rough

Wow! I just love your cover and especially your "Food" divider, Jackie! Did you collage them or paint them or where they patterned paper that you found?

Fantastic!

Wife to my darling, since 2003;
and
Homeschooling Mumma to Possum (2006), Bandicoot (2008) and Sugar-Glider (Little Princess 2010)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." Matthew 5:2 TMV
Naxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #154
Castle On A Cloud
Deactivated

Castle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
Wow! I just love your cover and especially your "Food" divider, Jackie! Did you collage them or paint them or where they patterned paper that you found?

Fantastic!
Thanks! The food one is actually a scrapbook paper that is just printed like that. All of them are. i used to be really into scrapbooking, so I have a bunch of stuff for it!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #155
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, I love your binder, the pages are decorated in such a fun way. You have also included lots of great planning pages. I love the "learning section". On another note, I saw a commercial for some post-it tabs they just stick onto whatever you need to divide. Haven't checked them out in real life yet but I immediately thought of my household notebook when I saw the commercial.
Mom to:
J Bug dd, born at 21 weeks (2003) from our arms to God's
J Bean ds, "boundless energy" (2006)
Forsynthianicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #156
Castle On A Cloud
Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsynthianicki View Post
Wow, I love your binder, the pages are decorated in such a fun way. You have also included lots of great planning pages. I love the "learning section". On another note, I saw a commercial for some post-it tabs they just stick onto whatever you need to divide. Haven't checked them out in real life yet but I immediately thought of my household notebook when I saw the commercial.
yep- that is what i got, they work great! It is really nice cause i can move them around if needed!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #157
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I had those but they kept coming off when i didnt want them to, so I fixed them on with sticky tape

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #158
pirandellian
Deactivated

on moderated status

pirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has just inspiried me to revamp my binder. It got started, but I really need to rework the headings and just.. make it better.
pirandellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #159
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirandellian View Post
This thread has just inspiried me to revamp my binder. It got started, but I really need to rework the headings and just.. make it better.
and your posting has reminded me to actually use mine
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #160
pirandellian
Deactivated

on moderated status

pirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond repute

So, I've got more pictures that need to be uploaded, and it's not finished yet, but here's my cover!

pirandellian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pirandellian For This Useful Post:
CJNeeley (07-15-2012), Forsynthianicki (07-06-2010), LadybugSam (06-28-2010), Momma2Luke (08-06-2010)
Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #161
Forsynthianicki
Climbing Rose

Forsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of lightForsynthianicki is a glorious beacon of light

I wondered, as I pulled my cluttered household notebook down off the shelf a week or so ago, what everyone's notebooks are looking like six months later.

I'm still using mine, sort of... for budgeting and an occasional meal plan. Meal plans have fallen by the wayside this summer.

Mostly, it has become a catchall for loose papers that need to be filed. It actually makes me use it less because each time I pull it from the shelf I have to clean up the papers that fall to the floor from between it's pages.

How are your household notebooks holding up? What has worked and not worked for you?
Mom to:
J Bug dd, born at 21 weeks (2003) from our arms to God's
J Bean ds, "boundless energy" (2006)
Forsynthianicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #162
Castle On A Cloud
Deactivated

I have not really used it much. I look at it from time to time, but we are moving in a few days, and I think I will use it more then to try and keep up with all the cleaning.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #163
Mama Calidad

I still use mine. I have to, because I can't keep up with things otherwise.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #164
Naxi
Rose Bouquet

Naxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Calidad View Post
I still use mine. I have to, because I can't keep up with things otherwise.
It seems that I don't keep up with things Can I blame winter and baby brain?

Actually, the two things that I find hard about my notebook are, firstly, having somewhere to leave it out. It seems so big in my tiny kitchen and DH goes crazy if he sees it "lying around".

The other thing is that I have a great meal planner pad from Kikki K, but it doesn't have holes punched in it to stay in the folder. I end up with all my meal planning stuff floating around loose and then things start to get messy and well.. it is a bit of a slippery slope....

Wife to my darling, since 2003;
and
Homeschooling Mumma to Possum (2006), Bandicoot (2008) and Sugar-Glider (Little Princess 2010)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." Matthew 5:2 TMV
Naxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #165
CakeLady

It's funny that you posted this today.

I never got mine completely set up, but pulled it out this morning and vowed to finish it this week....and then this thread popped up.

I think someone is trying to tell me something.....