Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Cloth Diapering & EC *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Tengokujin
Rose Trellis

Citizen of Heaven

Tengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond repute
Default diaper sprayers

I am considering getting this sprayer, with the bucket and all.

http://www.pottypail.com

Any experience/tales to tell?

I know it is not a necessity, but I think it would really be a nice convenience to have.

I'm specifically wondering if the bucket is easily moveable from toilet to an out of the way location for convenience. I'm considering using my half bathoom for it because of its convenience to the washer/dryer, but that is also the bathroom that gets a lot of use from everyone, so i'd want to set the bucket outside in the garage or on the washer so that the toilet can be used as an actual toilet.
Mom of Jason, DOB 08/25/03 and David, DOB 04/07/07, and DS#3 due May 1st

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. Psalm 139:14 (NIV)

Tengokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of
Default Re: diaper sprayers

no idea about the bucket but I use my sprayer with the diaper in the toilet and i it
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:32 AM   #3
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

We bought a diaper sprayer that attached directly to the toilet and you just sprayed right in to the toilet bowl rather than a pail.

It worked fabulously and for me, was an essential part to making cloth diapering so successful.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
esperanza (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 AM   #4
camperjen
Rose Trellis

i love life!

camperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than a sprayer, I folded the diapers gently and then when it was time to do laundry (usually every 2-3 days), I used a plastic scraper to dump it into the toilet. Once it's cold it hardens and comes off pretty quickly in most cases.

* Ditto that the sprayer is usually used straight into the toilet rather than a pail.
camperjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
Tengokujin
Rose Trellis

Citizen of Heaven

Tengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond reputeTengokujin has a reputation beyond repute

Right, this diaper sprayer DOES attach directly to the toilet and DOES work to spray directly into the toilet. I am considering using the optional bucket with drain and stopper in it because it avoids overspray hitting the bathroom and saves as much bending over, and provides a clip for the diaper. I'm asking if anyone has used that as well.

Obviously not a necessity, but the website I provided talks more about it. Wondering if anyone has experience with this company's full set up.
Mom of Jason, DOB 08/25/03 and David, DOB 04/07/07, and DS#3 due May 1st

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. Psalm 139:14 (NIV)

Tengokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute

Just starting to feed our babe something other than mama milk....have this stashed for when we get to this point (with a sprayer, too): http://www.spray-pal.com

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
Contented in FL
Rose Blossom

Contented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the rough

I thought I *had* to have one and never bought a sprayer... around 5 mo. old, DS woke up from a nap with a dry diaper. I put him on a baby bjorn potty and he went. Seriously. So then we started a little EC and he ended up having all his BMs (maybe 1-2 misses every 2 weeks?) and plenty of potty in the potty chair. Crazy. So I never tried a sprayer. (FWIW, he still has potty dribbles and misses a LOT at age 2.5--but no BM misses in recent memory.)

OTOH, a family I work for as a nanny uses cloth with their 4 kids and the 17-month old isn't using the potty at all. They wipe it off with tp or a wet wipe and then just double wash the diapers as usual. No nastiness results

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2
Contented in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #8
zeo2ski
Rosebud

zeo2ski will become famous soon enoughzeo2ski will become famous soon enough

We did a homemade version of that with just cutting holes in the bottom of a bucket. It DOES help with over spray...I hate over spray that's "contaminated" BUT then you still have to deal with the bucket. We put it in another bucket next to the toilet to catch any drips, but still got drips while transferring from toilet to the other bucket. It was a pain and we ditched it but loooovvve the sprayer.
zeo2ski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zeo2ski For This Useful Post:
Tengokujin (02-06-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #9
Godslilgirl225
Rose Blossom

Married to DH since 2009, Two ginger DS babies 2013/2015, Chihuahua mom, Forever Changed

Godslilgirl225 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry if this is a repeat! But we have a sprayer (my husband followed the diy instructions from pinterest) and its made cloth poo diapers so much easier to deal with! We use the spray pal shield. Its super convenient since it is collapsible and and be kept in a hanging wet bag beside the toilet between uses I've not ever heard of the sprayer set you posted so I dont have experience or answers on that for u. But since u mentioned the traffic your half bath gets I thought u might like the spray pal concept

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

We use a curtain rod hook for the sprayer and the wet bag. It works perfectly!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00K6M...=AC_SX200_QL40
The call to follow Christ is inextricably connected to the call to serve others in love. Who needs to experience the ministry of the body of Christ more than the insecure, the weak, and the helpless? Into our arms He delivers these new ones, and He is faithful to empower us to have all that we need to be His hands and feet to them." Spirit-Led Parenting
Godslilgirl225 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Godslilgirl225 For This Useful Post:
zeo2ski (02-19-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #10
Amber
Rose Garden

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

I loved my diaper sprayer. I never used any type of pail with it though.

That was like 6 years ago...but I don't remember really having any issues with overspray. I think we were able to adjust the force of the spray so it wasn't so hard as to be spraying all over the place. For me, the extra step of having to rinse out the bucket and finding a place to store it when not in use would be a drawback.
Big M (6/03) Forever ours Dec 2012
C (6/04),
Little M (10/05) Forever ours Dec 2012
K (5/06)

Missing our foster daughter Miss A
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #11
zeo2ski
Rosebud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
I loved my diaper sprayer. I never used any type of pail with it though.

That was like 6 years ago...but I don't remember really having any issues with overspray. I think we were able to adjust the force of the spray so it wasn't so hard as to be spraying all over the place. For me, the extra step of having to rinse out the bucket and finding a place to store it when not in use would be a drawback.
That was the exact drawback we found too. Any idea how you adjusted the spray force? That is our issue--at our old house it was fine, but the different toilet at this house has more spray power, too much. Tighten the water valve on the water pipe? Maybe I should just go try it!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Well yup, that fixed it, duh. After 6+ years of over spray hitting the wall...well thanks for this thread!

Mama to '06, '08, '10, '12, '14, '15, ^'17^, '18 and former foster mama always missing '09, '11, '13, '11
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zeo2ski For This Useful Post:
2TMama (02-20-2015), Amber (02-19-2015), mommylove (02-22-2015), Tengokujin (02-19-2015)
Old 02-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #12
zeo2ski
Rosebud

So after adjusting the pressure, obviously the toilet fills slower. I meant to mention it to my DH, but forgot for a couple days. That's when I found out he had spent those couple days trying to "unfreeze" the drain pipe! It has been frigid here so he had opened a furnace vent in the unfinished basement to keep pipes from freezing, but then decided to close the vent that morning before I messed with the toilet valve but then after leaving for work he was doubting his decision to close the heat vent. So of course he got home that night and the toilet wasn't flowing normally and he was just sure it froze! Oops!

Mama to '06, '08, '10, '12, '14, '15, ^'17^, '18 and former foster mama always missing '09, '11, '13, '11
Old 02-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #13
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I loved our diaper sprayer, worth every penny. Although, line a PP wrote, once we started EC I didn't use it as much. I've never heard of the bucket aspect. I never had overspray or any other problems. We continue to use the sprayer as a bidet even though I haven't had a child in diapers in years.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #14
Amber
Rose Garden

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

I think the diaper sprayer we bought had a way to adjust the force of the spray on the little hand held sprayer.
Big M (6/03) Forever ours Dec 2012
C (6/04),
Little M (10/05) Forever ours Dec 2012
K (5/06)

Missing our foster daughter Miss A
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amber For This Useful Post:
zeo2ski (02-23-2015)