Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #61
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to join me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garland View Post
I'm working on folding a laundry mountain

I bet that feels good to accomplish!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #62
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Mom's closet is done. It's hard when it's someone else's stuff. A huge box of things that were my dad's but definitely not things I would 'connect' with him but she can't let go of yet (10 years out). Socks...just stuff. But we did make room and the closet has 'air' so mission accomplished.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
charla (07-17-2018), Soliloquy (07-19-2018), tempus vernum (07-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #63
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
Mom's closet is done. It's hard when it's someone else's stuff. A huge box of things that were my dad's but definitely not things I would 'connect' with him but she can't let go of yet (10 years out). Socks...just stuff. But we did make room and the closet has 'air' so mission accomplished.
That's hard.

I have about an hour and a half at home before my son wants me to drive him to a friends. After that it might be so hot that I'll need to hang out at the lake.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (07-17-2018), tempus vernum (07-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #64
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What a hard task, but I'm so glad you could help her.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
That's hard.

I have about an hour and a half at home before my son wants me to drive him to a friends. After that it might be so hot that I'll need to hang out at the lake.

I hear the lake calling to you! You've worked so hard. How about some self-care?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (07-17-2018), RiverRock (07-18-2018), tempus vernum (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #65
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

My days off are over and I got enough done for now.

I work 2 days and then have 8 days off it will be very full with a charity ride and campin (I’m off that much because I’m doing all the prep and work alone w my youngest two. Dh and dd1 could only get the 3 days off that we camp. Sooooo.... my todo for the next two days (at work and beyond is to schedule my time and schedule resttime. I’m ohysically exhausted and needyo go back to work refreshed.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #66
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Today the laundry room was finished...except for the floors. I am counting that as a huge success. Next room is the kitchen.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #67
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Today was groshries and recovery from a rather horrible trip home yesterday ( no one wants to plan to drive from Baltimore to Albany to Burlington leaving at 4pm getting in at 4 am) tomorrow will be about unpacking and cleaning.

I am trashing school for the week I hopes of making headway at home.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #68
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I have been finding all kinds of ways to ignore the chores I don't want to do. They're all useful, good things but . . .

I've picked a TON of thimbleberries. We're trying to get a year's worth of jam from them.

We picked 33 pounds of blueberries today!

I declared war on a hornet's nest. I got 2 stings but the nest is gone. I look like I had several teeth pulled, though.

I took one of my kid's for a check-up.

I've been exercising.

I finished a book and started another.

I started going through all our camping gear. We are going to completely empty, sweep, and re-organize the garage soon.

Off to fold the laundry.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #69
charla
Administrator

You all are doing amazing!

My counselor reminded me this week that self-care is a good thing. I keep forgetting that and feel guilty when I do take time for myself. So I think it is definitely important for us to take time to rest and to do things we love to do! It's all a balance, isn't it?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #70
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

33 pounds of blueberries!!!! You rock!

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
Old 07-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #71
RiverRock

I started my day with a Hallmark movie. How is that for self care.

Today I also finished scrubbing the floors. All the grout in all the rooms with tile has now been scrubbed clean. What rewarding work! The floors look different in a really good way.

I also weeded all three raised garden beds...a job that I have been putting off for weeks. I didn't actually get around to planting a garden this year, but I have a few things that are either perennials or self-seeded. I hope to plant this week: The things I would normally plant as a second planting...except I missed the first planting.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
charla (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #72
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Today was my last day of work before my vacation time and now I have 8 days off

I have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow but my list saturday and sunday are short -
Saturday
*charity bike ride (self care)
*bonfire (self care)
Sunday
*church
*relax
*have dh color my hair (self care)

Now just have to get to bed (NOW) so that I can get up and get some stuff done tomorrow. I've not rested on my days off much the last 6 months so I need the rest this weekend. Then monday I pack and get ready for camping tuesday

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
charla (07-20-2018), knitlove (07-20-2018), RiverRock (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #73
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
33 pounds of blueberries!!!! You rock!
All Duke and Reka. The Rekas taste almost like huckleberries. If you've never tasted a fresh huckleberry, you just have no idea.

We're going to the other blueberry farm tomorrow. I don't remember what varieties they have but I'm pretty sure they don't have either of those.

I hope to pick more Rekas on Sunday before they're all gone.

I didn't fold the laundry. I went outside and used up all our paper lunch bag to protect our Concord grapes from birds. I need to buy more bags. Funny pic on FB and IG if you follow me. Then I pulled weeds, fed the weeds to the chickens, got stung by a yellow jacket (that's 3 wasp stings in 2 days, geesh), and got out the trimmer and trimmed the back yard. Watered the grape vines and part of the vegetable garden. It's midnight now and I'm going to exercise and then fold laundry. If I don't fall asleep.

I did find my swimming suit which I thought I lost.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (07-20-2018), charla (07-20-2018), RiverRock (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 05:33 AM   #74
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Today I am diving back in!

Morning clean up and school will happen.

And I will get down to the catch all cabnet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
charla (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #75
CelticJourney
Administrator

Yesterday, I went through the bookshelf in the dinning room. I hold misc items and homeschool stuff. I thought I had sold a set of Saxon Math within minutes of posting it, but she changed her mind.

The girls and I went through the last of the puzzles that I plan to sell at the fall consignment sale (doing them to make sure all the pieces are there). I forgot how aggressive dd1 is about puzzles She is the definition of 'though she be small, she is fierce'.

Today, I want to mow the lawn, depending on whether I can stand the humidity. We are having 'southern first fall'...which is where the heat gets to some of the trees and the leaves die and fall off. It's not a good thing, but turns one's eyes towards God in thanksgiving for air conditioning.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
charla (07-20-2018), RiverRock (07-20-2018)