Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baby Steps home blessing challenge Wednesday 3/16 - newbies welcome

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Daily Challenges:
Menu Challenge
What are you having for lunch and supper? Think about it now so you aren't scrambling at meal times.

5 minute challenge participation Do this only if it helps you. If you find yourself getting distracted by gcm's wonderfulness, just be sure to take 5 minute breaks throughout the day to do the little jobs.

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes This is a great way to enlist your kids' help.

Laundry Wherever you need to do here counts -- wash, dry, fold, put away. The idea is to avoid Mt Dirty Laundry & Mt Clean Laundry by keeping up with it through the week as much as possible. Bonus "points" for not letting loads of laundry sit in the washer, dryer or waiting to be folded & put away.

Clutter Buster Also known as hot spots. You know where they are-- my worst one is my kitchen counter. Spend 5 minutes on these hot spots putting things away. Anything that can be thrown away or donated is a bonus!

20 minute kitchen recovery You can do this however you want to-- 20 min at one time, 2- 10 minute times, 4- 5 minute times, etc. But the idea is that you spend some time keeping up with what you accomplished on Monday. Dishes, counters, whatever needs to be done.

Two Do List Us messies are great at making lists and then never accomplishing them. The idea here is that you pick TWO things only to write on your list. You can post your list here if it helps. Once you do those two things you can make another Two Do List if you like.

Your New Habit

Daily Kiddo Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today

Daily God Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him

Daily Me Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Wednesday is declutter day

Challenge 1: pick an area/room and spend at least 20 mins decluttering. "Bonus points" for anything that leaves the house today

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Steps home blessing challenge Wednesday 3/16 - newbies welcome

Started a load of laundry, put dry laundry away & hung out some if the remaining wet stuff before we came to playgroup.

Will do some dishes when we're home for lunch, and maybe try to tidy lounge.

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

subbing...

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Menu Challenge sandwiches and leftovers

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes doing this throughout the day...

Laundry Just got done with putting away half the laundry, going to do the rest of it in a minute when I go upstairs

Clutter Buster Done!

20 minute kitchen recovery Done!

Two Do List I think... 1.) dust in living room and 2.) mop laundry room

Your New Habit I'm so proud of myself for keeping up with sweeping every day!

Daily Kiddo Challenge - must do better than yesterday... yesterday was awful, even with time spent, but I need to focus better today... yesterday was rainy.

Daily God Challenge - I need this... I really need to find a devotional... I stink at keeping up with Bible readings.

Daily Me Challenge - must wash my hair today!

Challenge 1: I did this some yesterday in the playroom and kids room.... going to attempt to do it again today without help so I can get a couple more bags gone. Does it count as out of the house if I just take it to the van?
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MomtoJGJ For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-16-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
JustMandy
Deactivated

Location: Among the tall straight pines of the coastal plain.
JustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond repute

subbing, made a word doc with what I need to do today. I may need to :gasp get off the internet to get things done today.
JustMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Personally I count it as out the house if it's in the car

Quick load laundry done but not time to do living room as running bit late for church toddler group, will have to do that in the few minutes while DS has a wee before we go back out to the dentist or something

Unite!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
DragonfliiMama
Rose Garden

DragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm up. I have a counseling appt this morning, so have to get up early and shower before Jimi leaves. Going to try to get some things done quick before Gabriel wakes up.

~Amii~
INFJ, Type 2/1

wife to Jimi, mama to Gabriel , 06/09

shimmer = soft, subtle sparkle
DragonfliiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
mariposa
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

A picture of me taken by J. :)

mariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond reputemariposa has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning!

I just realized I never checked back in yesterday...oops! We wound up running a few errands in the morning and then I did kitchen and toy clean-up.

Today
Kitchen is clean and the floor is swept. I think we might go drop off some stuff at the thrift shop.

Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: salmon patties

Two Do's
1. call to confirm dentist appt
2. vacuum

I'm also hoping to mop the kitchen floors. They really need it.

Well, mopping the kitchen floor just moved up on the list. The dog threw up. Thankfully I heard her gagging and made sure she stayed on the wood floors and didn't head to the carpet like she normally does.

wife to R
mama to J (10-07)

Last edited by mariposa; 03-16-2011 at 07:35 AM.
mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
DragonfliiMama
Rose Garden

DragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond reputeDragonfliiMama has a reputation beyond repute

Beds are made, I got a load of laundry folded and put away and that's all the laundry that needs done today. Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and it's running now. Got the toilet and sink wiped down and swept the bathroom floor, and emptied the trashcan, I'll take it outside when we leave. Jimi took out the bedroom trash this morning. I think I'm going to try to straighten up the top of the stairs, since I never managed to do that last week. This afternoon I absolutely have to get the grocery shopping done and I'd like to get another load of dishes done, and maybe some paperwork. But it's supposed to be really nice again today, so we might skip the paperwork in favor of outdoor time.

~Amii~
INFJ, Type 2/1

The Following User Says Thank You to DragonfliiMama For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes doing this throughout the day...

Laundry done!

Clutter Buster Done!

20 minute kitchen recovery Done!

Two Do List I think... 1.) dust in living room and 2.) mop laundry room

Your New Habit I'm so proud of myself for keeping up with sweeping every day!

Daily Kiddo Challenge - today is awful as well... Jayden is really having a bad time.

Daily God Challenge - I need this... I really need to find a devotional... I stink at keeping up with Bible readings.

Daily Me Challenge - must wash my hair today!

Challenge 1: I did this some yesterday in the playroom and kids room.... going to attempt to do it again today without help so I can get a couple more bags gone. Does it count as out of the house if I just take it to the van?
Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #10
musicmama
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

musicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like craaaaaaaaaaaap but I'm gonna do what I can.

Need to fold the laundry from yesterday It's just one load. Also need to put up the diapers I folded.

My kitchen looks amazing. Seriously. I made taco soup for dinner last night, cleaned up as I went and it took NO TIME at all. I have to run to the store to get tomatoes for the soup and I could start cooking dinner right away, I didn't have to clean up first!

I'm decluttering Sophia's room today, since my two big hotspots are STILL clean from the other day! She's a big helper, and that'll get my one-on-one time with her in, as well. We usually stop and read a few books anyway Chelsea's asleep and when she wakes we're heading to Costco for some grocery shopping

My Two-do list:
Clean up Laundry Room
Clear off nightstands
mama to my long-awaited miracle Sophia 11/06
and her sweet beanie sister Chelsea 8/10

Creative Genius behind Sophiecat Creations

She is clothed with
strength and dignity
and laughs without fear
of the future.
Proverbs 31:25

musicmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to musicmama For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
JustMandy
Deactivated

Location: Among the tall straight pines of the coastal plain.
JustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in a blah mood... I long for the days when I could watch tv during the day. Maybe we can watch a documentary later.

I'm trying to stay motivated. I found that I do better when I post my list here then if it's in a word doc...accountability and all that.

Daily Challenges:
Menu Challenge Ramen and

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes This is a great way to enlist your kids' help.

Laundry wash baby carriers, boys clothes

Clutter Buster work on desk again,

20 minute kitchen recovery

Two Do List Get carriers ready to sell, grocery shop, email Erica and look for ppl to buy curric.

Daily Kiddo Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today

Daily God Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him

Daily Me Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Challenge 1: school room, box up books for HPBS
JustMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JustMandy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Debbie & Lora Beth

In my little inbetween going out times this afternoon I got stuff that's collected in front hallway since last week cleared , living room half-tidied (enough for kids to have space to play) & also swept kitchen floor. also got 2nd load laundry on, still need to do 2nd load dishes etc. and gonna spend bit more time cleaning living room too.

Unite!

The Following User Says Thank You to Annainprogress For This Useful Post:
mariposa (03-17-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

I dusted the living room I also did an extra load of laundry (because Evie had an accident up in Grace's bed because she couldn't get down) and will start my regular load as soon as all the kids get their dirty clothes changed into clean ones for church

I've also unloaded the dishwasher and will run it again when it's full (probably tomorrow afternoon at this rate)

I didn't do any more decluttering because the back of the van is full, and my parents are coming this weekend so I don't want bags of stuff sitting anywhere in the house. At least the house is clean!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #14
musicmama
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

musicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond reputemusicmama has a reputation beyond repute

go girls go!

i STILL need to fold that load of laundry. i got the bathroom cleaner, so i'm about to try it, i did get sophias room cleaned with her help, including vacuuming it!

going to fold that load and do the nightstands while i'm in there.... brb

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

okay I got all the clothes folded, 2/3 put away and the nightstands half done before Chelsea completely lost it. Will finish when i get her settled and happy again
mama to my long-awaited miracle Sophia 11/06
and her sweet beanie sister Chelsea 8/10

Creative Genius behind Sophiecat Creations

She is clothed with
strength and dignity
and laughs without fear
of the future.
Proverbs 31:25

musicmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to musicmama For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
DragonfliiMama
Rose Garden

I did the grocery shopping!

And when I was loading up the car, I noticed that the plates expire this month. I knew we'd gotten the renewal card a while back, but I thought it wasn't due until April or May. I guess that's next month already. Anyway, the card is buried in that stack of papers I was thinking about decluttering today, so I guess the priority on that just got bumped up.

~Amii~
INFJ, Type 2/1

The Following User Says Thank You to DragonfliiMama For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-17-2011)