Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Vegetarianism & Veganism (Veg Support Forum) *Public* [Join Forum to Post] > Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
ShangriLewis
Moderator in Vegetarianism & Veganism

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~VW~

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Raw Corn chowder with pic

This is based off of the corn chowder recipe from Alissa Cohen's book.

I was able to make a bowlful for now and another for later.

2 stalks of corn
a handful of soaked almonds (I don't think they had quite sprouted yet)
a big spoonful of guacamole
a handful of cucumber moons

I put an extra dollop of guac in the middle. I then sprinkled on red pepper. I used to hate red peppers, but since eating more raw foods I not only like them, but they look good when I see them I sprinkled on a little bit of fresh lime too..because I've been doing that to everything lately. I just can't get enough of that lime.

It was really good and between the almond pulp and the crunchy pepper it has some chew to it. I kept thinking I was going to end up with this milky stuff that would taste oddly of corn.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

ShangriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
poleidopy
Deactivated

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

poleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Raw Corn chowder with pic

Looks yummy! The festive bowl makes it more yummy-looking!!!
poleidopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
boonpnutsmom
Deactivated

boonpnutsmom will become famous soon enough

Look delicious.
boonpnutsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
gamomof2

Looks great!!

Old 11-08-2005, 12:18 AM   #5
Maggie
Deactivated

love

Maggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond reputeMaggie has a reputation beyond repute

I corn!
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
diamondintherough

So did you puree the corn and other stuff in the blender? I'm assuming so, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #7
ShangriLewis

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I put it all in the blender.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I love when I can afford lots of raw foods unfortunally right now (like during this between semester break) its out of the question.. Can't wait to be back on something better. My body is seriously having issues with large quanties of spaghetti.

Deanna
Old 01-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #9
ShangriLewis

I feel the same way. I haven't had any fruit in the last 4 days. I feel awful. I was craving clementines last night, but the stores were all closed. I'm going shopping right now though

Heather

Old 01-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
joyfulmomof2
Rose Trellis

joyfulmomof2 will become famous soon enough

Gimme! Gimme!!

Homeschooling my two sweet kiddos:

Dino - 10 & Princess - 7
joyfulmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
joystrength
Rose Garden

Get it? Sock.Monkey. ????

joystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud of

served hot or cold? prob. a silly question, but ... had to ask. I'm assuming cold since the heat takes "things" out of raw foods, errr right?

His joy IS my strength! Live a life of HIS purpose

How long will it go on? If you keep living the way you are living, then you will keep living the way you are living. If you want your life to change, then CHANGE your life. Live differently, for repentance is a way of life. -- DH!

joystrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #12
ShangriLewis

Actually room temp. The blender does kind of heat it a little. My mom has a vitamix and that does add a bit more heat.

Heather

Old 01-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
diamondintherough

Do you think frozen corn would work? I'm dying to try this and haven't seen any fresh corn in the grocery store. I'm already soaking my almonds just in case. Did you make your own guacamole or buy some?

Cristina
Old 01-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #14
ShangriLewis

You probably want to make sure you thaw the corn But, I really think the fresh corn was really, really good. It does that milky thing.

I had some guacomole from CostCo. You know the kind you get frozen in a little bag. I don't really like that as much as fresh though. It's got a sweet taste to it.

I really think raw soups are so good. I didn't think I would like them, but they are really filling.

Heather

Old 01-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #15
diamondintherough

Fresh sounds wonderful, but they don't have any here . I'm going to try the frozen and will let ya know how it comes out.

My biggest frustration about the move (we moved just over a month ago) is not having access to all the organic fruits and veggies that I'm used to. Looks like I'm going to have to travel about 40 mins to the nearest HFS and it's expensive from what I hear. Oh well, we'll just have to work around it.