Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Vegetarianism & Veganism (Veg Support Forum) *Public* [Join Forum to Post] > Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #16
diamondintherough

Default Re: Raw Corn chowder with pic

One more question! Do ya peel the cucumber?
Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #17
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute

That looks so yummy!
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #18
diamondintherough

Reporting: I ended up not peeling my cucumber because I wasn't sure if hubby bought organic or not. I guessed on the measurements and had to add a little bit of soy milk to thin the soup out a little.

This soup was VERY GOOD even with the frozen corn (great flavor, but a some of the corn kernels didn't completely blend in). I can't imagine how incredible it will taste when we get some fresh corn!!!!

Old 01-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #19
Kyasmom
Rose Trellis

Kyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to all

YUM!!! I am very excited to try it!!!
Kyasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #20
ShangriLewis
Moderator in Vegetarianism & Veganism

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~VW~

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

bump

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

ShangriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #21
poleidopy
Deactivated

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

poleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you SO much for bumping this up. Yesterday I bought 8 ears of corn and have no clue what to do w/them! So - after you put all the pretty stuff in, do you mix it up (the guac & peppers) or are they just decoration? I wanna make this tonight. And you're sure it doesn't taste milky with a weird corn taste?
poleidopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #22
waterbaby

Oh my gosh this looks and sounds so good!! Thanks soooo much for bumping!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #23
ShangriLewis
Moderator in Vegetarianism & Veganism

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~VW~

ShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond reputeShangriLewis has a reputation beyond repute

My reply didn't post. I just added extra peppers and guac for decoration.

Heather
The Prophet 23yob, The Peacemaker 20yob, The Warrior 17, The Little Flower 11yog and The Surfer 9yob and our little birdie girl 4yo.

ShangriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
jtidwell
Rose Bush

jtidwell is just really nicejtidwell is just really nicejtidwell is just really nicejtidwell is just really nicejtidwell is just really nice

Attempting my first foray into official "raw food"... I made this yesterday evening from some veggies we had sitting around. I used two ears of fresh corn, one unpeeled chopped Armenian cucumber (the little teeny ones), half an avocado, a handful of sliced almonds, and some almond milk. I seasoned it with salt, a little white pepper, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and a pinch of dried chipotle powder.

Not bad! It was so thick that I don't think I'd call it a "soup," but it was tasty, and kinda pretty with the flecks of dark green cuke skin and dark red pepper flakes. The texture needs work, though -- the corn kernel skins were a little annoying, but maybe that just takes some getting used to. Or a better blender. I used a Magic Bullet and blended it for what seemed like a long time, but maybe it should have been in longer, I don't know...

I haven't bought into the Raw Food doctrine. So it could be that the nut milk or spices made it officially "not raw," but I care not. It tasted good. (And of course, I mean absolutely no offense to those who do eat raw! I bet it's a real challenge.)

This would make a fantastic dip for tortilla chips, by the way! Mmmmmm.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #25
diamondintherough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtidwell
Attempting my first foray into official "raw food"... I made this yesterday evening from some veggies we had sitting around. I used two ears of fresh corn, one unpeeled chopped Armenian cucumber (the little teeny ones), half an avocado, a handful of sliced almonds, and some almond milk. I seasoned it with salt, a little white pepper, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and a pinch of dried chipotle powder.

Not bad! It was so thick that I don't think I'd call it a "soup," but it was tasty, and kinda pretty with the flecks of dark green cuke skin and dark red pepper flakes. The texture needs work, though -- the corn kernel skins were a little annoying, but maybe that just takes some getting used to. Or a better blender. I used a Magic Bullet and blended it for what seemed like a long time, but maybe it should have been in longer, I don't know...

I haven't bought into the Raw Food doctrine. So it could be that the nut milk or spices made it officially "not raw," but I care not. It tasted good. (And of course, I mean absolutely no offense to those who do eat raw! I bet it's a real challenge.)

This would make a fantastic dip for tortilla chips, by the way! Mmmmmm.
It's totally o.k. that you haven't bought into the raw food doctrine yet! When this was first posted, I was just experimenting on and off if a recipe sounded good. It wasn't till about 5 weeks ago that I decided to give it a huge shot. Right now, I'm eating raw for breakfast and lunch and any snacks. I generally eat what the family does for dinner, but a smaller portion and some extra raw stuff at that time and I feel fantastic!!!! This combination is working for me right now. I'd like to eventually go more raw, but it's just not practical right now, so I'm doing what I can. I will tell you that when I first started to try going raw or veggie in the past I felt crummy. One of the mamas here pointed out that I wasn't getting enough fats and sugars and that was why I didn't feel so good, plus I was detoxing a bit which can make anyone feel gross. All that to say that we will take you where you are at! If you want to just try a recipe here and there--great! If you want more, there is support.

BTW--I also felt that the corn skins were a bit tough and wondered if I had a vitamix or similar if they would blend better.