Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #1
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
arrow Amazon "pre Prime Days" deals starting today! PLEASE POST DEALS as you find them.

Amazon clothing brands, some are 30% off today. Other deals start today, also.

Please use the GCM affiliate link above before shopping to help support the site's hosting fees.

The super big deals will be the 13th and 14th. Target and other big retailers are having their big sales this week, too.

If you spend $10 at a small business and use Amazon Pay, you'll get a $10 credit to spend during Prime Days.

Last edited by Soliloquy; 10-12-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Hermana Linda (10-12-2020), Llee (10-19-2020), passthemanna (10-12-2020), SewingGreenMama (10-12-2020), Singingmom (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon "pre Prime Days" deals starting today!

Oooo, this means Christmas is coming!

Thank you!
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Close2MyHeart For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #3
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Close2MyHeart View Post
Oooo, this means Christmas is coming!

Thank you!
If you didn't see my other thread, online retailers are all having their big "black Friday" deals in October, most likely, and the deals will be tapering off by Thanksgiving. All the shipping companies have been overwhelmed by the huge increase in online shopping and have added extra surcharges for December shipping. So online retailers will not have screaming deals in December, unless they are heavily over-stocked.

Brick and mortar stores will likely still have sales in December, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Close2MyHeart (10-14-2020), passthemanna (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Any tips of snagging a good kindle deal? My kids are easy this year- 2 kindles and video games for the big items. I need to get on the ball ordering things for the aunts and grandparents!

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthemanna View Post
Thank you. Any tips of snagging a good kindle deal? My kids are easy this year- 2 kindles and video games for the big items. I need to get on the ball ordering things for the aunts and grandparents!
Tuesday and Wednesday Amazon devices will be on sale! Those are the BIG days for electronics. I'd buy the Kindles on those days. Please use the GCM affiliate link, if you are comfortable doing so.

Best Buy is also having deals on those days and I think they sell video games. I'd check Game Stop as that store may be following the same pattern. Walmart is having deals this week, as is Target.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

I just looked and if you're a Prime member, Amazon devices are 60% off today! WOW!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.htm...9-aa38f3712710

40% off Amazon clothing brands.
https://www.amazon.com/deal/081d1f75...d_i=9538491011

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I looked at not all Amazon devices are 60% off today. I want to get my mom the Echo Show 8 for Christmas and I am going to wait until tomorrow, see if the deal is better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
passthemanna (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 11:55 AM   #6
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon "pre Prime Days" deals starting today! PLEASE POST DEALS as you find them

It's not all of them just yet.

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Old 10-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #7
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Default Re: Amazon "pre Prime Days" deals starting today! PLEASE POST DEALS as you find them

Yeah, I think we cross posted. I'm going to look tomorrow and Wednesday. If I see a deal tomorrow, I'm taking it.

Camel Camel Camel will show you prices over the past 12 months.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #8
passthemanna
Rose Garden

they do have the paperwhite or whatever on sale right now. but my kids will want games.

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Old 10-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #9
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Ah, you want Kindle Fire? That will almost definitely be on sale Tuesday or Wednesday. Probably really cheap.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #10
passthemanna
Rose Garden

I've got my eye on the kindle fire 8 with the 64gb. They always load up the memory. I've tried those sd cards to add more but it doesn't seem to work.

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Old 10-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #11
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

Target his the books and movies (maybe something else) buy 2, get 1 free.

As usual for me, I'm looking for American Girl doll stuff, Legos, Magnatiles/Picasso Tiles.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #12
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Favorite sites for gift suggestions?

We’re down to 3 gifts here, but they are old enough fur it to be hard.

Echo Show was $45 last night. I meant to share. Not sure normal price.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #13
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #14
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I want the Echo Show 8. The smaller ones are a really great deal but I want my mom to have the big one.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

If you spend $10 at Whole Foods by Oct 14th, and scan your Amazon Prime QR code (install the Whole Foods app and login with your Prime account), then you'll get a $10 credit to spend at Amazon during Prime Days, the 13-14th.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:59 PM   #15
passthemanna
Rose Garden

the kindle fire 10 hd and kids fire 8 hd are on sale now.

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
The Following User Says Thank You to passthemanna For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (10-13-2020)