Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute
Default When I was your age...

I wrote a blog post today, one that's been nagging at me for quite a while. It's sensitive, but it needed to be written:

http://therealrebeccadiamond.com/when-i-was-your-age
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Wonder Woman For This Useful Post:
a good book under a tree (02-24-2012), Amazement (02-24-2012), Amy (02-24-2012), AngelaVA (02-24-2012), beansmama (02-24-2012), ClassicMom (02-25-2012), cro (02-28-2012), Doc (03-29-2012), Domina (02-24-2012), dulce de leche (02-24-2012), FebFaith (02-28-2012), gardenfreshmama (02-24-2012), Happygrl (02-23-2012), hey mommy (02-23-2012), homesteadmama (02-25-2012), Kiera (02-24-2012), kimberly569 (03-06-2012), LadybugSam (02-23-2012), LadyofReason (02-26-2012), Little Forest (02-23-2012), Marrae (02-24-2012), shaslove (02-24-2012), shekinah (02-28-2012), sherry (02-24-2012), staceylayne (02-23-2012), StewardofLOs (02-24-2012), Tandem mama (02-24-2012), tempestjewel (02-23-2012), TraceMama (02-24-2012), Two Little Birds (03-02-2012), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
BlessedBlue
Rose Garden

Have you ever heard a fly roar? Listen carefully!

BlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When I was your age...

sister to Blue-EyedLady since forever
wife to Trooper (Wounded Warrior) 3-98
Graphics designing sapphiremama to EBug 2-04, ABoo 2-06, and Goggle 8-09
BlessedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlessedBlue For This Useful Post:
Wonder Woman (02-24-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

You are an incredible lady!!!

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingBlueKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for sharing that

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootBetsy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
tempestjewel
Climbing Rose

tempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant futuretempestjewel has a brilliant future

Thank you for your courage to write that. There are a lot of us here that can relate
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

Little Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond repute

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. You are an inspiration to have made it to where you are. (I wonder is your DS is a type 2 with his interest in your childhood!)

Sweet Pea-DD1, Jan 04, 1/4
Tiger Lily-DD2, Jan 06, 2/1
Buttercup-DD3, Feb 08, 2/4
Dandelion-DD4, Nov 10, 2/3
Honeysuckle-DD5 March 13, 2/4
And there is DH too, ISTJ, DYT 4/2, I think!
Little Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Forest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
Kiera
Rose Trellis

Kiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud ofKiera has much to be proud of

Thank you for sharing that. So much of it I can relate to. And I wish more people could come at parenting like this.
Writer, Student Midwife

Wife to Kris 8.17.06

Mama to:
Audrey, 11
Olivia, 8 (Healed from ASD & Birth Trauma)
Addison, 5
Evelyn, 2

Joshua, 8/15/13
Willow, 8/14/15 (Homebirth to Cesarean)
& 3 in Heaven
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiera For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #9
WingsOfTheMorning
Deactivated

WingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond reputeWingsOfTheMorning has a reputation beyond repute

WingsOfTheMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOfTheMorning For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, everyone I'm so sorry that so many of you can identify - but I'm so thankful there's a place on the web like GCM where we can all find healing
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

Public forum. But
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Niphredil For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niphredil View Post
Public forum. But
I would say more, but yeah... What Lindsay said.
Posted via Mobile Device
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MercyInDisguise For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
DoulaClara
Rose Garden

DoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I have these moments constantly. I'll never forget the revulsion I felt when I looked at my then three year old'daughter and thought about something that had started around then. I had thought about it as a non-parent, and it was horrible, but it was having a child that age to hold a little mirror up to the absolute horror of it.
Little Forest (02-25-2012), Wonder Woman (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

I read it yesterday, Reb, and was and all at once. You're amazing, your healing makes my heart overflow with tears and the way you're raising The Boy is inspiring.

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TraceMama For This Useful Post:
gardenfreshmama (02-24-2012), homesteadmama (02-25-2012), Katydid (02-24-2012), PaperMomma (02-24-2012), Wonder Woman (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #15
NewCovenantMama
Climbing Rose

NewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond repute

NewCovenantMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NewCovenantMama For This Useful Post: