Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #16
peekaboomama
Climbing Rose

peekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond reputepeekaboomama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gothard resigned

Yay! And yet, praying for the victims - this part (from the article in the OP) just gives me the super creeps. "Go and be reconciled"? I just hope it doesn't turn into pressure to recant...

Quote:
Gothard told the Board of Directors he wanted to follow the New Testament command to listen to those who made accusations against him, according to an email sent from David Waller, administrative director of the Advanced Training Institute to families involved in the ministry.
In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus directs his followers to “go and be reconciled” if “your brother or sister has something against you.”
“To give his full attention to this objective, Mr. Gothard has resigned as president of the Institutes in Basic Life Principles, its Board of Directors, and its affiliated entities,” Waller’s email said.

Gabi Sunshine: Blogging sewing and creative play
peekaboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peekaboomama For This Useful Post:
rosesnsnails (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #17
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Go and be reconciled?

YA buddy. We can talk it out in the court of law.

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
Drew (03-21-2014), HadassahSukkot (03-07-2014), MaiMama (03-07-2014), rosesnsnails (03-07-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #18
ShowersofBlessings
Rose Bouquet

ShowersofBlessings is just really niceShowersofBlessings is just really niceShowersofBlessings is just really niceShowersofBlessings is just really nice

I don't know much about his organization, other than that he has always seemed super legalistic like the Pharisees, creating rules to follow that the Bible never did. But what concerns me most about this is that he did not resign on his own; he was suspended first and as far as I can see he has never admitted any wrong doing.

Again, I am not familiar with Vision Forum, but it seems at least like Doug Philips resigned on his own and admitted his wrong doing. So it makes me think that Bill Gothard is not truly repentant.
Alana 2005 *God's blessing of Grace*
Matthew 2008 *God's blessing of Joy*
David 2010 *God's blessing of Love*

Elysha 2012 *God's blessing of Faith*
Caleb 2014 *God's blessing of Peace*
Olivia 2016*God's blessing of Kindness*
And
Benjamin 2020 *God's blessing of Patience*
ShowersofBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShowersofBlessings For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (07-15-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #19
QuiltinGramma
Rose Garden

QuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant futureQuiltinGramma has a brilliant future

When an organization says, "You must come to all the seminars or else you can't understand what is being taught" is so "cultic." According to them, even if you have all the books & their other materials, you possible can't understand the true nature of what is being taught. I do not like organizations like. It's too cult-like. ....then, on top of that, you have their teachings.

P.S. And it is an insult to our intellect that if it is in print that we can't understand the true teachings of Gothard. And people were not suppose to sell or give their books/training manuals away because the people who would buy them would misconstrue and not understand the true teachings of the materials.

wife for 40 years to dear hubby-pastor and retired Navy chaplain
mom to DS & DD (Amber) now grown,
to Dixie Lee, a 3 yr old French Brittany,
Magnolia (Maggie), 4 month old French Brittany
and gramma to 4 wonderful grandBOYS and 1 foster granddaughter

Last edited by QuiltinGramma; 03-20-2014 at 10:45 PM.
QuiltinGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuiltinGramma For This Useful Post:
ChristmasGirl (03-22-2014), rjy9343 (03-21-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #20
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltinGramma View Post
P.S. And it is an insult to our intellect that if it is in print that we can't understand the true teachings of Gothard. And people were not suppose to sell or give their books/training manuals away because the people who would buy them would misconstrue and not understand the true teachings of the materials.
What she said.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #21
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like IBLP is trying to minimize this.

Quote:
At this point, based upon those willing to be interviewed, no criminal activity has been discovered. ...
We want to encourage reconciliation within families and are very supportive of efforts toward reconciliation with Mr. Gothard or with IBLP....
The Board does not believe that Mr. Gothard's shortcomings discredit the truths of God's Word that were taught through him. ...

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #22
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #23
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh,ick.
Someome needs to have the courage to take him to court and let a lawyer strip away the mumbo jumbo and lay the smack down.
Like what happened with Warren Jeffs and the FLDS polygamy cult.
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beth1231 For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (07-15-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #24
HadassahSukkot
Deactivated

being oppressed means the absence of choices - bell hooks

HadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond reputeHadassahSukkot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“…not one of the women who have shared their stories on our site were personally contacted by Gibbs Jr. or his investigative team, including Charlotte, who alleged molestation.
Quote:
The Board of IBLP can write, “We dedicate ourselves to help build up families and individuals,” but if these situations actually took place, the Institute’s so-called “ministry” is a farce, with or without Gothard, and IBLP should be shut down to prevent further abuse of power.
http://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpr...ion-into-iblp/
HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HadassahSukkot For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (06-26-2014), hollybells (06-25-2014), Zooey (06-26-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
hollybells
Deactivated

hollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect.
hollybells is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hollybells For This Useful Post:
HadassahSukkot (06-25-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #26
mrsd
Rose Trellis

mrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond reputemrsd has a reputation beyond repute

No, but he claimed to be an expert on marriage and child-rearing.
mrsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #27
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

He's baaaack...

Quote:
...Last weekend he re-launched his website. Gothard continues to assert that the more than 60 women who accused him of harassment and abuse are “not telling the truth.”...

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingBlueKiwi For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (06-24-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #28
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Vile.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I love how Shelia Gregoire addresses the topic of manic patriarchy. (Dont read the comments unless yiu want to )
http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014...comment-406046
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #29
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this is allowed, but this is another one of his 'pastors' that fell and resigned for sexual relations. http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog...es/2015/06/20/ chaplain-accused-of-sexual-relations-with-newport-inmates-had-ties-to-bill-gothards-ministry?utm_content=buffera8a22&utm_medium=social &utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I broke the link. It seems that they are more obsessed with sex and become perverted.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #30
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. It seems like once they get a taste of the power, they become addicts and will do anything to get their next hit. But it is still so frustrating all the same.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
Maedchen (06-24-2015), MercyInDisguise (06-24-2015), Tasmanian Saint (06-24-2015), Zooey (06-25-2015)