Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Attachment and Natural Parenting

Old 01-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default gluten/DF free gals..

I gave Margaret some of this tonight. http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/prod.../snickerdoodle With in about 30-60 minutes of eating some which she LOVED she was complaining of stomache aches.. She hasn't had any other possible gluten or dairy. I checked the label and nothing jumped out at me and this site says GF for the cookies. She had other stuff from this company without issues. She also not super sensitive so we normally don't have to be super careful with cross.
Could be coincidence.. but wanted to know if anyone else had experienced a reaction from this before?
Old 01-09-2018, 12:14 AM   #2
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gluten/DF free gals..

It looks to be okay ingredient wise to me but sometimes cross contamination will get a reaction from previously okay food.

I've never had it before myself but I hope Margaret is feeling better soon.
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:34 AM   #3
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

She usually doesn't react to "cross contamination" unless its a major exposure or its a long time build up. Some things listed as GF she still reacts weird with and some thing that should bother her don't. For example we had to stop giving her chex cereal we always got a reaction.. However she loves the quaker dinosaur eggs oatmeal and never a reaction. Go figure. She has had the vanilla and chocolate before no issues.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:00 AM   #4
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

My first questions would be:

1. Possible nut reaction? (as in newly developed allergy)

2. At a larger portion and it is hard for her gallbladder to digest that much nut at one time.

3. Just a coincidence and she caught a local virus going around?

You might want to call and ask them if they make this on shared equipment with gluten. (Even though she has never reacted before from cc) If they do, it is possible her ice cream was some of the first run after they had run gluten.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 AM   #5
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

We have all eaten that and not had issue.

Does she normally eat that much fat at a time. After I have gone a long time with out eating high fat things I can get a stomic ake from eating higher fat 'ice cream' dh dies the same thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
We have all eaten that and not had issue.

Does she normally eat that much fat at a time. After I have gone a long time with out eating high fat things I can get a stomic ake from eating higher fat 'ice cream' dh dies the same thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Probably not.. this could be it. Could have just been one of those things.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

She is still complaining this morning. Last night her stomach seemed distended and hard. This morning seems okay. However she flinched if a press her navel area. Especially on her left side. Thoughts?

Yesterday's meals were more carby sweet than usual I think as we are trying to hold out till payday.
Breakfast I made pancakes which she had with some log cabin lite syrup. About 8am

Lunch was a pb and honey sandwich with apple slices and water around 11:30

Snacks were some carrot chips and a random pack of simple organic gummies carrots about 2 gummies sometime in afternoon.

Dinner was 2 scrambled eggs with a cut hotdog and some tomato slices and water about 5pm

The ice cream was given about 2 hours after dinner.About 7

We followed with a bath it was after that she was complaining.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #7
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

Lower left would be the large intestine and colon area. Does she have gas? Try having her get into different positions to relieve gas (there are very helpful poses online).
HomeWithMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWithMyBabies For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #8
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWithMyBabies View Post
Lower left would be the large intestine and colon area. Does she have gas? Try having her get into different positions to relieve gas (there are very helpful poses online).
She might ill try this.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWithMyBabies View Post
it still could be this but I asked if she feels like she needs to use the bathroom she said no. Says it feels like someone is sitting on her.
She did have a blatant gluten exposure around the end of December. However that was at least 10 days ago and she seemed fine for a while.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #9
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

We eat this no problem, but for a while my DD was sensitive to cashews. Does M eat cashews regularly?

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #10
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
We eat this no problem, but for a while my DD was sensitive to cashews. Does M eat cashews regularly?
No...