Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #166
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

The hfs didn't have the adult stuff. Bummer.

What are the ingredients in the adult paste that makes you switch to the children's stuff fir your toddlers? Hope that's coming across ok. Not trying to challenge you. Just genuinely curious.
If it's the calcium that's the benefit, the children's paste wouldn't be as good.

For my kids I'm not worried about remineralizing because their teeth are ok bug I have a friend whose toddler has 3 cavities and we've been exploring this together. But if course for my kids I want the best, too.

What about the glycerin in it? My friend read that glycerin is bad for teeth. But I believe your anecdote, so there are always two sides to a story.

Two more questions : thieves oil and black walnut powder. Anyone used them for teeth?

Last edited by Stiina; 05-10-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #167
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Thieves oil has done nothing but irritate our skin.

When my husband, who has a lifetime history of criminal neglect and abuse and homelessness as a child and young adult, slacked off on using a calcium based toothpaste, AND his vit D, he had another tooth break up, but there was only very limited infection this time. No involvement of the gum.

What works for your teeth is going to be personalized to you.

Bacterial infections of the mouth / having a compromised immune system, will destroy your teeth.

Nutritional deficiencies, particularly in key bone building vitamins and minerals, will destroy your teeth. Interestingly, directly supplementing saliva with calcium helps enamel rebuild and fight off bacteria, but it's part of the nutritional picture.

You can fight one, and not win on the other.

There are now more calcium based toothpastes on the market than when I first started this thread. All of them may have ingredients that are objectionable. I hate finding them with SLS in them. I'd rather just deal with glycerin. It doesn't seem to have any negative effect on our teeth.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:
Kiera (05-11-2013), Peridot (05-11-2013), Stiina (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #168
Stiina
Rose Garden

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Agh yes, the dreaded sls!!! It makes me grate my teeth seeing it in "Natural" things.

Thanks for the info, Natalie.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #169
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

Ramiel Nagel of "cure teeth naturally" says that glycerin coats your teeth for up to 26 brushings and prevents the minerals in your saliva from absorbing into your teeth. I'm not sure where he got that info from, off to check in the book...if I can find it
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marigold For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-20-2013), Kiera (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #170
rosesnsnails
Rose Garden

rosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Cosmet...f=pd_sbs_hpc_2

We love Jason's Healthy Mouth.
Mom to J since 2000
Angel Baby Joshua Aaron 2003
Momma to J since 2009 (born 11 weeks early)

Using my favorite smilely as often as I can,

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done-C.S. Lewis-from a letter To Mrs. L.
rosesnsnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #171
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Crunchy betty suggests activated charcoal, brush with it, to lighten teeth

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #172
Stiina
Rose Garden

Agh. This is making me crazy.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #173
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigold View Post
Ramiel Nagel of "cure teeth naturally" says that glycerin coats your teeth for up to 26 brushings and prevents the minerals in your saliva from absorbing into your teeth. I'm not sure where he got that info from, off to check in the book...if I can find it
It dissolves and rinses away easily in water. I really think that is quackery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:
Stiina (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #174
Stiina
Rose Garden

I've heard Dr. Rami is mostly quack and a little bit truth.

That's true though. I use vegetable glycerin and it does rinse off really easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stiina For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-20-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #175
Sundance
Rose Garden

Sundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond repute

I am subscribed to this thread from a long time ago, and have sort of been following along with the recent posts (but don't remember what else was mentioned earlier in the thread).

Could the glycerin's rinseability be related to water? I know our water is SUPER hard and full of almost everything water can have, and stuff hat typically rinses for other people doesn't for us...

Wife to my Lumberjack,

Mom to DD1 (May 2007), DS (April 2009) &
DD2 (July 2011), DD3 (October 2013)
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #176
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Your teeth are bathed in your own saliva, and you eat food all day, and you drink water or other liquids all day long. I don't think the hardness of local water matters.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #177
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

I found the quote in his book this morning and I think you are right.Even he sounds fuzzy on it and I can't find any source cited. I think I'll stop worrying about the glycerin then which will make it much easier to find toothpaste for my kids, unfortunately I'm stuck using up the tooth powder we bought (it really dries my mouth out).
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marigold For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-20-2013), Stiina (05-12-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #178
keepinghome
Rose Bush

keepinghome is a jewel in the roughkeepinghome is a jewel in the roughkeepinghome is a jewel in the roughkeepinghome is a jewel in the rough

Subbing. We need toothpaste and i had been trying to find a no glycerine one but now idk if it really matters. I found something specifically for remineralizing... let me look it up to see if anyone has heard of it...

Eta: coral toothpaste? Looks like dh ordered it since it was sitting in our amazon cart. I actually think its in the mailbox right now! Hahah

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
and Titus born Dec 2011

Last edited by keepinghome; 05-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
keepinghome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keepinghome For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (05-20-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #179
Rugayatu
Climbing Rose

Rugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond reputeRugayatu has a reputation beyond repute

http://wellnessmama.com/5252/reminer...powder-recipe/

We have been using this tooth powder for several months now and LOVE it!
mama to sweet and spunky DD ~ 9/2/09
squishy and serene DS ~ 1/12/14
and my angel baby ~ 1/8/2008

"The work we do is only our love for Jesus in action."
~Mother Theresa
Rugayatu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugayatu For This Useful Post:
domesticzookeeper (05-15-2013), Hopetobe (05-20-2013)
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #180
Sundance
Rose Garden

Sundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Your teeth are bathed in your own saliva, and you eat food all day, and you drink water or other liquids all day long. I don't think the hardness of local water matters.
Could you clarify the first sentence....I am not sure what you're inferring.

I am just thinking that with dishes, clothes, skin, diapers, they're not in contact with water all the time, but what's in the water does play a role in what's absorbed by them, or how well things rinse, etc.

Wife to my Lumberjack,

Mom to DD1 (May 2007), DS (April 2009) &
DD2 (July 2011), DD3 (October 2013)
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote