Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #241
herbalwriter

Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Oh please. Think of all the cool and creative things those baseboard scrubbers could be doing with their time! You know, things that actually *matter*.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #242
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

OooooooooooooooooKay. I admit it. I'm a 'Messy'('Messie'? It's like some sort of mythical creature like Nessie--are we a rare old breed? )

I'm a bit of a perfectionist. The messy house really bothers me and I cannot relax in the midst of clutter. Hence, I haven't really relaxed in some time. And we are living in an old late 1800's farmhouse in desperate need of repair in most areas. Sometimes I'm like, I can't make it look good, so what's the point? I guess that's a bit of a fatalistic attitude, huh?

I have problems:
School/Church papers
Hubby's mail
My mail

I'm a stacker. I'm tempted to take and post pics of my 'stacks', lol. I should probably just pitch it all and then it wouldn't stack, huh?

Millions of pieces from toys that migrate thru the house.

and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 AM   #243
Shnooky

I am soooooooooooo a messy mummy it's not funny! I really really want a clean, tidy house, but I don't know where to start!!! I need inspiration, motivation and accountability! It's all just so haaaaaaaaaard!!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #244
Quiteria
Rose Garden

Quiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond repute

Step 1...step away from the computer, madame...

Seriously, i am making some progress this month, but haven't been around as much. Miss you all!

Homeschooling mama to five:
a young adult (graduated!), two high schoolers, a big kid, and a kindergartner

And yes, they've all aged overnight since the last time you read my out-of-date sigg.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #245
BJ_BOBBI_JO

I am a messy procrastinator 100%. I even have to pray and ask for God to help me because I am so prone to messiness. I guess I just think that I want my kids to have good memories of us doing fun stuff together instead of always looking back and remembering me cleaning house non stop. Im also just plan messy.

I think one reason for this is because I was raised in poverty and we now live on a very tight strict budget so there is no extra money to go out and buy stuff that we need. So I save everything thinking I will need it later on and wont be able to buy it so I should save it now. Then things start piling up looking messy.

There, thats my excuse. UG.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #246
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ_BOBBI_JO
So I save everything thinking I will need it later on and wont be able to buy it so I should save it now. Then things start piling up looking messy.

I do that too. I am a pack rat. Dh is a PACK RAT. I think I need to seriously go thru the house and throw away all these little things I'm keeping for 'someday when I might need it'. It would really clean it up around here a bit if I did that one thing!
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #247
joystrength
Rose Garden

Get it? Sock.Monkey. ????

joystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud ofjoystrength has much to be proud of

want to hear the ultimate in packrattiness?

Today, I've been cleaning out a filing cabinet so I can file our homeschool stuff. I opened a file and there they were ....

.... the OFFICIAL Cabbage Patch Adoption Papers for my two CP dolls ... in the early 80s.

That's 25 years ago, mamas.

that's also very sad!!

His joy IS my strength! Live a life of HIS purpose

How long will it go on? If you keep living the way you are living, then you will keep living the way you are living. If you want your life to change, then CHANGE your life. Live differently, for repentance is a way of life. -- DH!

joystrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #248
BJ_BOBBI_JO

Only 25 years? LOL, Hey Im right there with ya sister! I know just what ya mean. It just aint easy letting go for some of us.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #249
Quiteria
Rose Garden

Quiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady TS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ_BOBBI_JO
So I save everything thinking I will need it later on and wont be able to buy it so I should save it now. Then things start piling up looking messy.

I do that too. I am a pack rat. Dh is a PACK RAT. I think I need to seriously go thru the house and throw away all these little things I'm keeping for 'someday when I might need it'. It would really clean it up around here a bit if I did that one thing!
Me, too. And then I realized that the clutter is why I have to keep replacing things like hairbrushes and socks (they disappear), and we have a storage unit of stuff that doesn't fit in the apt., and sometimes we pay late fees because I've lost track of the bills, etc....if you add up the storage unit alone over the course of the five years since we moved...I'd have enough $ saved to buy a whole new set of furniture. Seriously. We are DONE with this mentality...if I can just FIND the items I do have, I'd be saving money...so away goes the clutter!

....easier said than done, though.... :chair

Homeschooling mama to five:
a young adult (graduated!), two high schoolers, a big kid, and a kindergartner

And yes, they've all aged overnight since the last time you read my out-of-date sigg.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #250
BJ_BOBBI_JO

When I do get in the rare mood to get rid of junk I about obsess over making sure it is clean and washed so I can dump it off on those clothing and item give bins in hopes of helping the needy because I just cant pitch something that is still in good shape.

I think Im a hopeless case.

I have been thinking that what I need to do is 100% trust in God to supply all my needs that way I wont be wanting to hold onto everything in case I need it some day. But that kind of trust is not easy.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #251
KLin
Rose Garden

KLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond repute

HADD has the best of me again. I will try more again tomorrow. I have done some getting rid of and reorganizing of drawers, but the overall needs an overhaul.
KLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #252
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

My DH spent hours this morning cleaning up in the house.
I was grateful this morning when I went downstairs to see that he had done about 100 dishes, but as the morning wore on, I just started getting really depressed and just wanted him to leave and go to work.

I am so tired of getting nowhere with my house, and being so disorganized.
I know that by tomorrow evening, it will be just the same as when he left, and then he will be all upset and go "I spent 4 hours cleaning up yesterday, and all my work is undone."

I just can't take being like this anymore.
I have tried to talk to him about what the problem is, but he just doesn't get it and we just wind up fighting.
How can I explain to him that it goes much deeper than just being able to train the children to put their things away [which they actually are good about *if* I remember to ask them.] and maintaining the way that he has things organized?
I am just right now.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #253
BamaGymnCoach

Oh I have found my HOME! I love you ladies!

I am SO messy and disorganzied... And it makes me feel like a horrible mama/wife. My family deserves better. I'm just so overwhelmed! My DH is a big time pack rat and my baby is just a little whirlwind. I have some thyroid problems and on top of being naturally messy, I'm battling serious fatigue.

Seriously, I am SO GRATEFUL to find others like me. I feel so alone sometimes. I'm going to do 10 min in each room of the house today and see if I can make a dent.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #254
herbalwriter

Welcome Melissa!

Join the Dark and Messy Side...

I am glad for this forum, too, because let me tell you, none of the ladies from my church is ever going to come over to my house. I hear how they criticize everyone all the time (I work in the church office). I would invite you ladies over though!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #255
momaich
Rose Bouquet

momaich is a jewel in the roughmomaich is a jewel in the roughmomaich is a jewel in the rough

Welcome! This is a great thread to read. It always gives me solace and hope and motivation to tidy up and purge.

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Psalm 27:8
momaich is offline   Reply With Quote