Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #46
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: October Main Meals

I have homemade chicken stock in the fridge, and udon noodles so I will make an Asian fusion chicken noodle soup. No recipe, just add sliced veggies, soy sauce and a dash or this or that until it tastes good. It will be easy for the family to heat up because I won't be home for dinner tonight.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
schmamy (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 01:21 PM   #47
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Grilled chicken, rice, and olives in a butter sauce.

That sounds so much more elegant than saying I heated half a bag of frozen grilled chicken, a bag of frozen rice, and half a big can of olives with half a stick of butter

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
charla (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #48
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Beautiful day weather wise so I optimized it by using the grill for everything.

Grilled chicken breast. Grilled zucchini. Grilled red peppers and onion slices.

Super yummy!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
schmamy (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #49
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

meatloaf, mushroom gravy, & mixed vegetables.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #50
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

We had chicken-noodle-broccoli-cheese soup out of the freezer tonight. I'm still not back in the meal planning groove after being gone so much lately and need to clean out my freezer (and save money) anyway. The soup sounded really good, but it mostly turned to mush in the reheating, worse than I remembered from last time. It was still OK, just not awesome.

Last night we had zucchini lasagna, one of DH's faves. I had sauce in the freezer so all I had to do was slice zucchini, shred cheese, and layer it up.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #51
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I tossed in a pot the last package of meat we had in the freezer (chicken) the last 1/2 bag of baby carrots the last remaining bits from some frozen veggies (peas and green beans) diced up our last onion poured the last of some veggie broth over it and tossed in the last bit of rice in the panty (about 1/2 cup) and let it cook...
needless to say we need groceries
charla (10-07-2015), knitlove (10-08-2015), RiverRock (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #52
mamaKristin
Rose Garden

parenting better than I garden

mamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond repute

tonight was Greek-ish. Greek spiced chicken breasts, roasted whole sweet potatoes (which my youngest didn't like, but the dog begged for ), lemon couscous, and "broken down" greek salad - meaning feta and olives on the side, for those who don't like.
mamaKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #53
Kirkie
Rose Bouquet

Kirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to allKirkie is a name known to all

Tonight is chicken & salad burgers - nice & simple since I've been out most of the day!
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:40 AM   #54
greengirl19
Rose Trellis

For G

greengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I made something called chicken and mushroom gratin but was mushroom and onions, white potatoes, and already cooked shredded chicken baked together. I put almond flour on top to sub for cheese. It was absolutely amazing! Z didn't really even try it (but did practically eat his weight in broccoli, silly kid) and G picked out the mushrooms but didn't make too much fuss about it so I'd consider that a win. DH and I had an awesome salad too - spring mix, chopped apples, thin slices of red onion, a sprinkle of goat cheddar, and a ACV based dressing.

Tonight is leftover pasta and spaghetti sauce with hidden veggies.

Mom to G since 8/10/09 my crazy 10 yo
Z since 9/10/13 my wild thing 6 yo
Surprise! N born 2/8/16 terrific 4 yo

*my help comes from the Lord above*
greengirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #55
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Tonight I have a pot roast with broth, onions, and garlic in the crock pot for dinner.

The sides: Baked potatoes. Steamed carrots. Spinach salad.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #56
greengirl19
Rose Trellis

For G

greengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

In an effort to use up veggies before our shopping day tomorrow, I'm also making roasted beets with kale and red onions and some leftover roasted tomatoes. It's either going to be awesome or barely edible

Mom to G since 8/10/09 my crazy 10 yo
Z since 9/10/13 my wild thing 6 yo
Surprise! N born 2/8/16 terrific 4 yo

*my help comes from the Lord above*
greengirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greengirl19 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-08-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #57
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Mediterranean pasta and Greek salad
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #58
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

So guess who doesn't have to make dinner tonight? Yep, my lovelies didn't heat the soup I made yesterday so it will be tonight's dinner. As per my 9yo's request, I'll add a green salad.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #59
2sunshines

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengirl19 View Post
In an effort to use up veggies before our shopping day tomorrow, I'm also making roasted beets with kale and red onions and some leftover roasted tomatoes. It's either going to be awesome or barely edible
Aw man, these are my fave veggies! How did the combination work out? Sounds super good!
Old 10-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #60
greenleafknitter
Climbing Rose

greenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond repute

We had tomato and sausage risotto, roasted broccoli, and a fresh baguette from a local bakery. This place opened a few months ago just a block away from DD's school. (And they're the same company that sells at our farmer's market.) So it's way too convenient to swing by after dropping her off.

DD M - 10/08

DS A - 3/12

greenleafknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greenleafknitter For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-08-2015), charla (10-08-2015)