Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #91
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

One more bag gone to Goodwill .
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #92
Carini
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

If you don't stop naming nuts....

Carini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decluttering thread!

We sold a spare fridge that we were only using for drinks and occasional parties and stuff. When we renovated our kitchen we bought a beverage center / wine fridge so we didn't need it at all. Much more room in our garage. It was ridiculous when I think of it. We have an upright freezer as well so it was like having 1 fridge/freezers per person in a family with 2 adults and 2 littles.

ISTJ
Wife to J - 2004
Doops - 10/2010
Sweetie Girl - 7/2014

Carini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carini For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (09-29-2014), WanderingJuniper (09-15-2014)
Old 09-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #93
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Out goes the battery powered candles I've never used. Come to find out they're corroded. Wasting space on my beautiful piano.

Out goes the bench I've hung onto forever because I put sentimental value on it that really means nothing to me. NO GUILT!

Out goes the stuffed lion chair that FIL bought for H...DH and I have hated it since day 1 and the kids fight over it and it's all beat up.

Next big thing out is the bassinet we aren't using- a chick is supposed to come buy it tonight AND the beat up storage ottoman- I just need to find a home for the dress up clothes it houses.

So much progress today!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
believer (09-14-2014), bentlaj11 (09-15-2014), WanderingJuniper (09-15-2014)
Old 09-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #94
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

The weather finally cooled down enough for me to deal with the stuff in the garage. I listed some stuff on my neighborhood facebook page and gave it away to a lady who is thrilled to have it and will put it to good use and I have a bag of items to donate to one of the groups that will come and pick up stuff from the house. Our neighborhood garage sale will be in Oct. and we will not have a garage sale, but they will have a goodwill truck in the neighborhood and we may take stuff to that.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:00 AM   #95
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

We painted our living room which meant all the stuff we t into a box that now sits in my do I. Room. I just do not know if I want any of it back in the livingroom. So I'm doing the let it rest test. If I miss it next month I'm going to keep it. It I don't it's gettin repurposed or passed on.

Last edited by WanderingJuniper; 09-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (09-29-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #96
easygoinmomma
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Silence is golden unless you have boys. Then it means they're into something!

easygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I switched the boys seasonal clothes over and got rid of a few things I knew they wouldn't wear. I will drop of the bag of clothes on Friday.
and momma to all boys
The Manatee
Lishy
Doodles
Goose
and Charlie the litter trained Chihuahua
easygoinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoinmomma For This Useful Post:
believer (09-19-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #97
blondie
Rose Garden

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still workin' on this- I've strayed from the list a bit, but have been diligent about removing 10 things per day.

Lilla Rose Stylist
Old 09-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #98
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Well our bacement flooded today so we threw a bunch of stuff out.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #99
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, no! That's not much of a silver lining, is it?

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #100
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

Had a bag of stuff picked up yesterday morning by a charity!
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #101
blondie
Rose Garden

Did 2 out of 4 of my bathroom drawers. I threw away my wedding lipstick. We've been married 10 years next week. LOL

Lilla Rose Stylist
Old 09-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #102
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

We had a "dump the drugs" day, so I unloaded all the old prescription meds we had around the house (a surprising amount, really ).

It's so hard to get rid of stuff like old meds, especially since we carry epi-pens for the kids.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #103
blondie
Rose Garden

I cleared out the "medicine drawer" and put everything into 3 labeled bins. DH always pulls EVERYTHING out and leaves it on the counter. Might drive me less nuts if it's a bin instead of 43 bottles.

In the process of selling our Little People. First girl came and gave me $20, next lady will come this evening and buy the rest for $30. Mama's getting less toys to clean up and new purple shoes.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

And I've almost got our living room shelves purged and dusted and made pretty. It's an unending battle, but is my main decluttering goal for the day.

I tossed a bunch of junky toys and papers, too.

Lilla Rose Stylist
Old 10-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #104
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

I rearranged the clutter again.

I did manage to toss 2 nursing bras I've had since DS1 and get one bag of old maternity clothes out the door.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #105
blondie
Rose Garden

B went through his clothes and shoes and everything without being asked. He gets it!

I can't wait until we've worked our way through the whole house. We are making huge progress.

Lilla Rose Stylist