Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:27 PM   #61
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

I feel y'all with the donation pile/discard issue. That is the other half of why the front closet hasn't really been tackled. It is hiding most of the donation bags.

Hubs sorted and organized his closet this morning. I was floored by this. He is a "keeper" and yet he really went through his things being very real with himself.

I forgot about the top shelf in my own closet when I sorted back in February so that is on my list for this week.

We do have a few larger items (a few dining/desk chairs and a livingroom chair) that I want to sell but I feel very conflicted about listing anything to sell until the stay at home orders are lifted.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #62
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try to create a rather large garden bed. It will require tilling soil which is out of my ability. So I'm going to ask for help for mother's day and my birthday from my kids.

I worked on a design today. A mix of small trees, large and small shrubs and lots of perennials.

I'll upload a picture of the space. It's about 37' across and I want it to come out about 10'. So it's pretty big.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
graciousmomma (04-26-2020), MaybeGracie (04-26-2020), passthemanna (04-26-2020), Soliloquy (04-29-2020), twoplustwo (04-27-2020), WanderingJuniper (04-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #63
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds amazing, Desiree. Great idea to ask for help as a mother's day and birthday gift.

Today I put away a couple of Christmas and Easter decorations that had been missed, and I rehung pictures that had been taken down when we switched bedrooms around. Small things but nice to have done.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-26-2020), WanderingJuniper (04-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #64
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Mended three more pairs of pants and finished a scarf-to-kimono conversion for myself. I love it!!

Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-26-2020), heartofjoy (04-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #65
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

About the donations piling up, you could post things in groups (kitchen items, men's clothing size x, etc) on Facebook Marketplace or the free section of Craigslist for curbside pick up/front porch pick up...I follow someone on Instagram who is doing this. Actually she's doing front porch drop off, but that's a lot of driving.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

For the first time in the six weeks I've been staying home, I've felt the cleaning and decluttering energy that is my usual everyday energy. So this weekend it felt good to clean and purge/organize some drawers and surfaces.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-27-2020), WanderingJuniper (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 01:54 AM   #66
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

I got my veggie gardens back up and running so I'm pleased with that.

We just put up the new curtains we've had for a while over the weekend. Big job but so glad its over now

Been through my tupperware drawers and got it down to one drawer!!
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 07:13 AM   #67
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy2boys View Post
I got my veggie gardens back up and running so I'm pleased with that.

We just put up the new curtains we've had for a while over the weekend. Big job but so glad its over now

Been through my tupperware drawers and got it down to one drawer!!
Good job! I'm embarrassed to admit that my dds curtains sat on her bedroom floor for two YEARS before I got around to putting them up!

My kids are especially loving that I organized the Tupperware area. It's so easy to put them away now.

graciousmomma (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #68
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
Can you load them up in your car until donation places reopen?

We were doing that originally and had a full van load but now we are well beyond a van load and ended up having to put it back in the basement anyways because we needed to haul plywood. We can’t really put anything at the curb unless it is extremely durable or likely to go. Otherwise it gets ruined or blown away.

We are building a dance floor for dd. She twisted her ankle during class in her room so this is probably cheaper than another sprain. The project has gotten bigger than intended though since dh wants to do a “sprung” floor instead of just puzzle foam. We got all the pool noodles glued to the plywood last night at about 1 am. I’m hoping we can get the bottom layer laid out tonight.

Last edited by Mother of Sons; 04-27-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-27-2020), knitlove (04-27-2020), MaybeGracie (04-27-2020), Singingmom (04-29-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #69
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

How cool is a dance floor?! Where are you guys putting it?
Mother of Sons (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 10:01 AM   #70
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
How cool is a dance floor?! Where are you guys putting it?
It was going to go in her room because she has a Murphy bed but with a sprung floor it will be too tall so it’s going in the basement. She’s not super excited about that but I’m going to hang curtains and make it a separate space. I think she will like it.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #71
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, I gave two kids haircuts. I also spent about an hour and a half working on the floors in my hallway and living room. It's all hardwood, but I vacuumed over it, and vacuumed the edges with the extension hose, plus moved the smaller furniture and toys and all that. Then used my steam cleaner to clean the floors. We had a lot of dog hair built up around the edges and under furniture, so I am glad I got that cleaned up. We have a black lab, and he sheds terribly!

Aside from that, I also watched church yesterday morning, showered, and practiced piano for about 2 hours. Busy day! I hope I keep staying this productive
heartofjoy (04-27-2020), MaybeGracie (04-27-2020), Mother of Sons (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #72
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

We cleaned out the furnace room over the weekend. It's not done, but is soooo much better. Dh went through one of the rooms in the garage/guest house. We call it the pink room. Went from floor covered to a stack of boxes on the far wall.

Dd18 needs to go through 4 boxes so we can finish the furnace room. Not sure when/how that will happen.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-27-2020), heartofjoy (04-27-2020), MaybeGracie (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 09:08 PM   #73
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Today, I cleaned the baseboards in the master bathroom, and swept and steam mopped in both bathrooms. I also swept and steam mopped the kitchen, and got 2 hours of piano practice in.
heartofjoy (04-27-2020), MaybeGracie (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 09:46 PM   #74
MaybeGracie

Today I scrubbed out the microwave, had each of the kids wash down some cabinet fronts, and sorted through the last box of random stuff from when we switched bedrooms around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-27-2020), heartofjoy (04-28-2020), WanderingJuniper (04-28-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #75
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

I've got a mix of chores, hobbies, and stuff with the kids to do everyday and I find the chores easier to get done. It's been harder for me to sit down and crochet or draw or garden. Or even play a game with the kids.

I'm working on it.

graciousmomma (04-29-2020), MaybeGracie (04-29-2020), twoplustwo (04-29-2020)