Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:02 AM   #46
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaV View Post
I mixed these up last night and the kids are eating them now!
I hope they are a hit at your house! Did you do banana or pumpkin?

I throw away so much banana. The kids eat them but sometimes just not fast enough! But I also don't want to ever throw away my sourdough starter, so having the option to use canned pumpkin is great too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons View Post
We are too. Everyone just goes to their caves and only comes out for dinner. Sometimes it’s a bummer but being an introvert it’s kind of nice too.
I'm glad we aren't the only ones! Most of the families we know are big on family togetherness like 24/7 it seems. That's just not us.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Mother of Sons (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #47
JoannaV
Rose Trellis

JoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I hope they are a hit at your house! Did you do banana or pumpkin?
The pumpkin. We all liked them!
I'm out of bananas. I freeze them for smoothies, so I never mind having too many. (But I guess I didn't buy enough haha. I was too self-conscious to buy more than a normal amount of bananas. Or apples! I definitely looked like I was buying a lot of apples, but I wasn't! I have a kid that eats sooo many.)

DH (ISFP) 07/09
DS1 01/12
DS2 06/14
DD1 01/16
JoannaV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoannaV For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 05:00 PM   #48
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaV View Post
The pumpkin. We all liked them!

I'm out of bananas. I freeze them for smoothies, so I never mind having too many. (But I guess I didn't buy enough haha. I was too self-conscious to buy more than a normal amount of bananas. Or apples! I definitely looked like I was buying a lot of apples, but I wasn't! I have a kid that eats sooo many.)
I have a bag of frozen bananas right now too! And I have 2.5 bunches of bananas on my counter. I'm making banana pudding tomorrow and looks like banana muffins Monday unless the kids start eating them!

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I have done some serious organizing over the last 2 days! My attic is the best it's ever looked. I have my husband's office pretty well organized. I freed up some space for him my moving some homeschool stuff around.

I've taken at least 4 large bags/boxes to the garage for donating.

I don't have motivation like this very often so when it comes, I drop everything and run with it!

graciousmomma (04-11-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 06:04 PM   #49
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I've been kind of going in spurts with getting stuff done. I wasn't feeling the best over the weekend, so didn't get as much done. I'm cooking way more often. Although, tonight, pizza is being delivered to the house

In the last couple of days, I have scrubbed my tub out with a pumice stone (it's one of the older steel/porcelain tubs that are just difficult to get/keep clean). I did it in sections, so I would do part of it, and then come back later and do another section. It required a bit of elbow grease to get it done

I got my floor steam mop up and running again. We have reverted to using a Swiffer most of the time to clean the floors, but I decided I would try using my steam mop more since Swiffer pads are harder to come by now. Well, it just flat out cleans the floors better than the Swiffer does. Like, there is a huge difference, so I am going to try to be using that more often in general, even when this quarantine ends. I ordered extra steam mop pads on Amazon so I will be able to use it more often.

I deep cleaned and detail cleaned the bathroom sinks.

I started dusting the kitchen and cleaning the baseboards, but had to stop today to do my online work. But I plan on finishing it today or tomorrow, hopefully.

When dh saw me ordering pizza for dinner, I told him I was pretty exhausted, so we were doing easy dinner. He then said, "Well, you've been really busy doing a lot." And then I realized, yes, I have been! But I am so glad to be having the time to get some of this deeper cleaning done
blondie (04-24-2020), heartofjoy (04-21-2020), MaybeGracie (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 07:54 PM   #50
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

DH and the kids turned, weeded, and planted our main garden over the weekend, and I planted our balcony garden this evening.

I spent most of the weekend sewing. Got through the mending pile (several pairs of pants, four shirts, two dresses, a sweater, a blanket, and a missing button). I sewed a baby blanket and a matching hat, headband, and washcloths. Started a scarf-to-kimono conversion that just needs a final hem now.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-21-2020), twoplustwo (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #51
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

I haven't done a good job getting house stuff done this week. But I've some a good job getting out and walking and exercising. And I've had a couple of dates with friends that were much needed after 6 weeks of isolation.

Today I'm going to continue my exercising and also try hard to catch up on cleaning chores. It's supposed to storm today so it's a good day to get caught up on inside stuff.

graciousmomma (04-22-2020), twoplustwo (04-22-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #52
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Got the winter stuff cleaned and stored today.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-24-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #53
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

I made cowboy candy and pepper jelly and I still have 20 jalapeños left. I’m about to get a storage unit just to get some of this stuff gone since we thrift stores are closed
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-24-2020), MaybeGracie (04-23-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 04:52 AM   #54
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

My house hasn’t been this clean and tidy since I was working from home and/or a stay at home mom.

The only places I haven’t tidied and organized are the main hallway closet and the utility closet. Utility closet is almost exclusively Hubs stuff and the hall closet is a mix and I don’t feel I can tackle it without him home helping and providing in put.

My bedroom is clean and we got some new furniture for it to solve some organizational issues as well as my husband’s penchant for creating any large sheved space into an anoying open closet feel.

My son cleaned and organized his room finally getting out the handmade kids tool bench and making it more of a real teen space. He is so thrilled and it makes me happy to see him care about his space so much. We have a shopping list to finish his room as well as some small repairs to do for him.

I didn’t realize how much I missed having a clean tidy home. I also didn’t realize we don’t have a storage problem in our small house we have a put your stuff back where it actually belongs/give it an actual home problem.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-24-2020), MaybeGracie (04-24-2020), rdsmommy (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #55
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingJuniper View Post
My house hasn’t been this clean and tidy since I was working from home and/or a stay at home mom.

The only places I haven’t tidied and organized are the main hallway closet and the utility closet. Utility closet is almost exclusively Hubs stuff and the hall closet is a mix and I don’t feel I can tackle it without him home helping and providing in put.

My bedroom is clean and we got some new furniture for it to solve some organizational issues as well as my husband’s penchant for creating any large sheved space into an anoying open closet feel.

My son cleaned and organized his room finally getting out the handmade kids tool bench and making it more of a real teen space. He is so thrilled and it makes me happy to see him care about his space so much. We have a shopping list to finish his room as well as some small repairs to do for him.

I didn’t realize how much I missed having a clean tidy home. I also didn’t realize we don’t have a storage problem in our small house we have a put your stuff back where it actually belongs/give it an actual home problem.
Ours too! Doesn't it feel great! I seriously have nothing left to organize. Actually dh has a pile of stuff that he cleaned out of his car after hunting season. That's the last pile of junk to tackle. And I've been putting it off because it requires his input on where to put it.

Today I'm resetting. Yesterday we went hiking and today I have to catch up on stuff. Laundry mostly. I really should go through my fridge and make a meal plan using up the stuff in there. I think we're having a lot of Mexican food this week because I have tons of tortillas!

I'm also meeting my mentor today. We've been doing phone calls every two weeks but we're going to actually meet today.

I'm picking up 3 hybrid willow tree cuttings from a friend's porch to plant next week.

rdsmommy (04-24-2020), WanderingJuniper (04-26-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #56
graciousmomma

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was a busier day for work, and had some phone calls as well. Plus took a nap on top of the other regular daily stuff. So I didn't get extra housework done.

Wednesday, I finished cleaning my kitchen baseboards, and then cleaned the refrigerator door shelves really well, and threw a bunch of expired condiments out. I have a Motivated Moms list from last year, so I am trying to use that as a guide about what to clean. The list never says to do the whole fridge at once - it's a shelf here and there, and the door, etc. I like that approach, because it doesn't seem overwhelming to me. I am not good about staying on top of what is listed to do every day on that list, but I do try to look at what was on the list from the last couple of weeks and pick and choose things that way.

Oh - I also cleaned the toilets on Wednesday, and the bathroom sinks. I am going to try to get more stuff done today.
MaybeGracie (04-24-2020), rdsmommy (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #57
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like my cleaning and decluttering is unending. The kitchen is in constant use so I feel like the second I wash dishes or mop it needs to be done again. The things I decluttered are in boxes and bags cluttering up my space making me feel trapped. I’m also super inneficient and easily distractible so that’s a big problem too.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-24-2020), rdsmommy (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #58
graciousmomma

Quote:
I feel like my cleaning and decluttering is unending. The kitchen is in constant use so I feel like the second I wash dishes or mop it needs to be done again. The things I decluttered are in boxes and bags cluttering up my space making me feel trapped. I’m also super inneficient and easily distractible so that’s a big problem too.
I feel similar about the constantness, and distractibility. I'm trying to be gentle with myself about that, and focus on the things I did get done. If I don't take that approach to it, I just get too discouraged, and then nothing gets done. This has been an issue for most of my adult life, so I am trying to keep it positive. But it's taken me forever to get to that perspective.
Mother of Sons (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #59
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute

Jumping in... I haven’t been able to get a lot done because I’m still taking classes and working from home. I am going to order a scrubby brush that attaches to a drill to scrub the shower. I gave away a TON of raw wool that was taking up a lot of space that I would not have time to clean anytime soon. Turns out the lady is getting set up to mill wool so I may get some back all clean and nice
I hear you on the constantness and distractions. I feel like I’m doing stuff for hours and nothing gets done. I just think of how bad it would be if I wasn’t doing things...I guess the shower is a good example- it’s so bad I’m ordering a drill brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passthemanna For This Useful Post:
Mother of Sons (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 03:15 PM   #60
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Can you load them up in your car until donation places reopen?