Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #46
jamilyian

Default Re: Mamas that are "Messies" Support Thread

Good job AandN'sMom! It sounds like you are really keeping on top of things! Hopefully you can string two "good" days together. I have strung together about 5 days and am feeling really good about it!
Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #47
herbalwriter

Yes, my pets totally belong in pet food commercials. They are nuts. That dog that was buddies with my cat got hit by a car. He slipped his collar after I had him shaved for the summer last year (didn't think, duh, his collar would be looser after being shaved ), and let him out on a long leash on the patio and when I looked out, he was gone. Anyway, that's waaaayyyy OT.

You know, that is a really good point about where you are being tough - I remember before children when I worked full time I thought there weren't enough hours in the day, and actually, my house was dirtier then! No crawling baby to motivate me to clean. Now, I have learned the true meaning of "not enough hours in the day."

I am getting out from under my laundry before vacation. And Heymommy, I totally understand the self-loathing...it's like our female ID is wrapped up in how we keep our homes, the way it is for men and their jobs.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #48
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the encouragement.
I did all the dishes before bed tonight and swept the kitchen but I did not run the dishwasher because it was only half full. I will see if it derails me tomorrow.
I have had two extra kids to take care of in the daytime and it is really hard to keep up with everything.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #49
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I was thinking of starting a daily(or maybe weekly) 'messy moms accomplishment' thread. Would anyne be interested in that? We could post at least 1 thing that we accomplished, no matter how small or insignifigant(sp??) it might seem, it's still an accomplishment to us.

What do you think?

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #50
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

That is kind of what I intended this to be, but you can start a new thread if you want. I will post on it. I just don't want any "cleanies" posting on it. (that would make me feel bad)

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 09-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #51
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

I forgot to update last night.
I washed all the dishes after dinner last night and ran the dishwasher but kitchen was not clean nor was the sink clear, had dirty dishes in it, because the dishwasher was full. (I didn't run night before last)
I was too exhausted to sweep.
But I got up this AM, swept before breakfast and emptied the dishwasher put the dirties in.
That makes like 3 or 4 nights in a row I have done all the dinner dishes and not faced a sink full of dirties and pots and pans, etc in the AM! That is nearly a record for me!
I also now have a place to store dishtowels in the kitchen and I decluttered the front of my refrigerator.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 09-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #52
jamilyian

Well I'm slipping some and not following my own great advice. Oops. I have 3 loads that needed to be put in 2 days ago. And I just haven't done it. Don't know why. My "This is simple" mind trick isn't working for some reason. Although, realistically, how stinkin' hard is it to put some clothes in a machine that does all the work for me???

I live in an upstairs apt. and I just don't FEEL like lugging all those clothes out to the laundry room. But I've got to do it. Argh!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #53
NayneeNoo
Rose Garden

NayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I was laying in bed after doing laundry ALL day (I was THREE WEEKS behind...yeah), I laid in bed and wrote down everything in the house that I wanted done daily, weekly (or twice weekly) and monthly. Then I wrote down my "daily 5". The five things in the morning I need to get done and the five things in the evening I need to get done without fail. I've now set three goals for myself for the month of September:
1- Make my "daily 5" a routine so they are done automatically.
2- Keep up with laundry (which will now be done on Wednesdays instead of throughout the week....that just is not working for me)
3- Find bill paying organization that works (right now bills are laying all over the house and we are constantly a few days late on them. I hate that)

This morning I accomplished all of my daily fives except emptying the dishwasher, I'm going to do that now (we had to run an errand for DH that was important time wise so I had to cut something out). Now I have to finish the last few loads of laundry and start packing for DD and my trip to Texas (we leave tomorrow). Hopefully I will come back refreshed and ready to tackle this thing.
Connor, held for a short time (2-2-07)
Aubrey (6-30-09)
Luke (4-18-11)
Jackson (4-24-15)
Parker (4-24-15)
NayneeNoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #54
Havilah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilyian
Although, realistically, how stinkin' hard is it to put some clothes in a machine that does all the work for me???

i feel your pain.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #55
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopesMommy
3- Find bill paying organization that works (right now bills are laying all over the house and we are constantly a few days late on them. I hate that)
I am thinking the daily 5 thing would be really helpful, I remember seeing that on MyMessyHouse.com.

Anyway, the bill thing! I was late on three bills last month! The bad thing was that our bills are due the same day of every month, and I pay them online and all, I just didn't realize what date it was! I was like "Oh, crud! It is the 26th! The ___ was due yesterday" and then another bill I just found and didn't realize we had. Then another I had to send via mail and I thought I'd sent it but I found it in my car last week!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 09-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #56
NayneeNoo
Rose Garden

NayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond reputeNayneeNoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I got the daily 5 idea from A Plan of Attack on Yahoo groups. Mine are
Morning-
1. Shower
2. Breakfast (Prenatals!)
3. Empty dishwasher
4. Make bed
5. E-mail (30 minutes only)

Evening-
1. Clean kitchen after dinner
2. Give Hope bath
3. Toys in living room picked up
4. E-mail (30 minutes only)
5. Read/Relaxing time
Connor, held for a short time (2-2-07)
Aubrey (6-30-09)
Luke (4-18-11)
Jackson (4-24-15)
Parker (4-24-15)
NayneeNoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #57
jamilyian

HopesMommy- What are your daily 5? Just curious.

Oh and hurrah hurrah I got my clothes done...almost. They are folded and need to be put away. Blah! One more step!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #58
GodChick
Deactivated

RESPECT THE HEARSE.

GodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant future

*gasp* i belong here!!!

My house is constantly cluttered. I love a neat, clean simple house, but mine never is like that. My biggest problems are dh traveling and my having to do the supper/bath/bedtime routine by myself, and then still needing to workj on WAHM stuuff for another 4-5 hours after the kids are in bed. I'm always too tired by evening to do all the housecleaning stuff I wanted to do.

I so relate to the feeling of thinking you're getting it under control . . . and then you let up for just one day and it's chaos!!

my one biggie that i'm learning I HAVE to do is empty the dishwasher first thing in the morning. If i don't, the kitchen is a mess with dirty dishes and glasses everywhere by afternoon. You'd think, as someone who grew up w/o a dishwasher, I'd consider getting the dishes clean really simple now.

i'm definitely a messie.
GodChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #59
Havilah

here i am. my house is terrible. where have i been while both kids have been napping? here. why? because clicking "recent unread topics" again and again is easier than cleaning up my house. it makes me feel terrible, though. i have that thickheaded feeling i used to get when school was out and i spent all day watching reruns.

i actually did pretty well this morning while babe was asleep. james played happily while i put some clutter away. i wonder what happened?

gotta.do.better...

maybe i'll take the new dig camera and take some pics of my breakfast area. it's the worst part.

thanks for this thread
Old 09-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #60
Havilah