Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #106
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January dinners :)

Korean beef stir fry with spinach and rice. Very good!

Tomorrow we're going out for pizza on the mountain. I'm really looking forward to the break from cooking and dishes. I haven't had a break since before Thanksgiving.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-25-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 04:41 AM   #107
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

homemade pizza and salad.

Tried a new gf/paleo crust that my sil recommended. My gluten free kiddos said it was the best they've had.

PALEO CRUST

1 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp pink salt
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients, add oil and water. Whisk the egg then add it. Add more coconut flour until it's a sticky dough. Plop it into tapioca flour dusted surface knead a little so it doesn't stick to your hands and roll it on parchment. Bake on a heated stone at 400 for 12 min.

When you add your toppings, bake 10 minutes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (01-19-2018), Soliloquy (01-20-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 07:19 AM   #108
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

We had spinach and sausage manicotti and baked breaded zucchini sticks.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #109
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Crockpot teriyaki chicken, steamed broccoli, brown rice.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #110
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
I use the recipe from the first THM cookbook with a few modifications.

Here you go!

Crockpot Coconut Thai Chicken

2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thighs)
1 can (15oz) coconut milk
1 c chicken broth
1/2 almond butter/tahini mix **
4 t red curry paste
2 t fish sauce
cayenne to taste (I use 1/8 t, but up to 1/2 t)
1/2 t ground ginger
2 t salt
1 12 oz bag frozen stir-fry veggies
2 c frozen diced onion/pepper mix
1 t red pepper flakes

Blend broth ingredients together and pour over chicken in crock pot. Top with veggies and cook on low 8 hrs or high for 5-6. Break up or shred the chicken with tongs before serving.

**Original recipe calls for peanut butter or peanut flour, but we have allergies, so I use a blend of roughly 4 parts almond butter to 1 part tahini to equal 1/2 cup.

Also, the original recipe calls for Konjac noodles - they go in the crock pot with everything else - but I skip those and serve over jasmine rice.

Oh, and I usually double the veggies. My grocery store has a green bean/wax bean/carrot mix that my kids like in this and I usually throw in a bag of cauliflower or another bean mix.
That sounds amazing! I make similar but never add veggies. Must try that.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #111
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I made the sautéed zucchini posted earlier in this thread. It. was. amazing! And good thing because I have 4 more zucchini in the fridge.

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #112
MamaNata
Rose Blossom

MamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
Congrats!!! Awwww new babies!!!

I had lentil soup tonight with tortilla chips.

We were supposed to start paleo this week but DH has the flu. So we are gonna wait on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
Wonderful!

I'm making GF vegetable lo mein tonight.

Thanks for all the congratulations! I'm already a tiny bit obsessed with my new daughter
But I did join the rest of my family for dinner again tonight (getting back on topic) my 'middle' daughter, Nina, made Chicken Tamale Pie for us

Loving Mama to Ilya (14 June 1998)
Anastasia (1 January 2001)
Doubly blessed with Nikita and Nina (2 September 2002)
Inna (27 May 2004)
Nadya (18 January 2018)

Devoted Wife to Ivan the Soulmate and Best Friend the Good Lord blessed me with since 2 April 1996
MamaNata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaNata For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-25-2018), Singingmom (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #113
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Rotisserie chicken salad and baked sweet potatoes for the girls
Garlic shrimp with asparagus https://therecipecritic.com/2017/03/...imp-asparagus/ for Dh and I .
Strawberries and cream for dessert.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #114
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Popcorn from Ace hardware and a Dr Pepper I grabbed while picking up a plunger to unstop the tolet that over flowed and ran down in to my kitchen cabinets.

Oh and two cookies

The girls faires slighty better with cookies, muffins, popcorn, and 3 day old leftover chicken nuggets.

It was not the best night in our house.

Dh's flight gets in at midnight and I am ready for him to be home.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-25-2018)
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for knitlove:
charla (01-19-2018), Laurlor (01-20-2018), Reva (01-20-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #115
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

My dh made salmon, potatoes, and broccoli.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
knitlove (01-19-2018), Laurlor (01-20-2018), Reva (01-20-2018), Singingmom (01-20-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #116
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, Charla's dh!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
charla (01-20-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #117
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was tuna casserole (from the new THM cookbook). DH and I liked it, the kids, not so much.

I think tonight may end up being leftovers; I've got a gig.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:40 PM   #118
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to a potluck sledding party tonight. I'm bringing crockpot butter (makhani) chicken, naan, and jasmine rice.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #119
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
We're going to a potluck sledding party tonight. I'm bringing crockpot butter (makhani) chicken, naan, and jasmine rice.
That sounds super fun! And yummy.

We are having noodles and meat sauce, a veggie and stuffed mushrooms with friends coming to enjoy with us.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #120
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Salmon and roasted carrots, potatoes, and cabbage. Yum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote