Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #61
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My teeth are remineralizing.

no I don't have any info on that.

We are on a well so we are completely fl free in that regard.

we we do ingest a bit, I'm not worried about it b/c it is such a small amount.

I have seen it make a huge difference in my childrens' teeth and I am comfortable with my choice.

If this worries you, I would go with another healing method...maybe try the Welda toothpaste and xylitol like rabbit does.

or look up Winston Price and follow him nutritionally.

It is such a personal choice with what you are comfortable with.

I am beyond pleased with our choice and I am comfortable with the decision made. I think you need to be at peace with whichever method you choose.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #62
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Rophe View Post
These are the ingredients of the weleda calendula toothpaste. I'm having issues with the magnesium aluminum silicate. I don't want to add any aluminum to our bodies. What are some thoughts on this?

Also about the flouride. Dr. Ellie seems to recomend it in the colgate toothpaste and the ACT mouthwash. Do you do those too? We don't do flouride, so I don't think we could do those.

Right now we use, Tom's of Main for all of us, silly strawberry for the kids and spiramint for us, but it has SLS in it so I'd like to change that.
I don't do anything Dr. Ellie recommends. Avoiding the products she recommends improved my teeth.

The ingredient list on Weleda has been updated. It used to just list kaolin clay, which is magnesium aluminum silicate. According to their website, the aluminum is not in an absorbable form. Spit, don't swallow.

Here's the children's list:
Glycerin, Water (Aqua), Silica, Algin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Esculin, Limonene*.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #63
Mama Rophe
Rose Garden

Mama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I don't do anything Dr. Ellie recommends. Avoiding the products she recommends improved my teeth.

The ingredient list on Weleda has been updated. It used to just list kaolin clay, which is magnesium aluminum silicate. According to their website, the aluminum is not in an absorbable form. Spit, don't swallow.

Here's the children's list:
Glycerin, Water (Aqua), Silica, Algin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Esculin, Limonene*.
Thank you! Sometimes trying to figure all of this stuff out can just get confusing and overwhelming if I don't ask questions. I research and research things before we take on a new suppliment or health regimin. If we have to switch vitamins it takes me days to figure it all out.

As for the ACT. It is absorbed through the gums, so you are ingesting it, even if you don't swallow. We used it for a short time on Thunder's teeth, before we got them capped, to slow the decay. It did work, but we have since stopped and we don't have issues with decay in his mouth now so we stopped the flouride. I'm just not comfy with it.

Doesn't colgate all have flouride in it?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #64
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes I think colgate has fluoride.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #65
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I switched to Weleda's Calendula toothpaste. Has calcium in it, and no fluoride.
Where do you find this - at the health food store?

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #66
BlessedBlue
Rose Garden

Have you ever heard a fly roar? Listen carefully!

BlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond reputeBlessedBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Vitacost.com also carries the toothpastes

sister to Blue-EyedLady since forever
wife to Trooper (Wounded Warrior) 3-98
Graphics designing sapphiremama to EBug 2-04, ABoo 2-06, and Goggle 8-09
BlessedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #67
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

We've been using Eco Dent toothpowder. It has calcium and magnesium in it. It also has sls but no fluoride and no sweetener.
Posted via Mobile Device
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #68
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

SamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond repute

Just went to Whole Foods and their Waleda Calendula toothpaste was out of stock
DS1-G(2/4/05) DD1-A(8/5/06)
DD2-J(6/4/08) DS2-T(3/2/11)

I use FB mostly to KIT w/ family, & friends I know IRL, so please don't be offended if I don't accept your request.
SamRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #69
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to mention that the Weleda toothepastes and the emerald forest xylitol (from birch) are all on vitacost.com

I pretty much get all our supplements/health stuff there...so cheap and flat 4.99 shipping.
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #70
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRose View Post
Just went to Whole Foods and their Waleda Calendula toothpaste was out of stock
Weleda products are on sale all month at Outpost. You could call and see if they have it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
SamRose (10-08-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #71
Sundance
Rose Garden

Sundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond reputeSundance has a reputation beyond repute

Subbing.

I have wanted to look into this for ages, and haven't made the time. I was at the dentist last week, and have 1 small cavity, so it looks like now may be the time to get going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post
no I don't have any info on that.

We are on a well so we are completely fl free in that regard.

we we do ingest a bit, I'm not worried about it b/c it is such a small amount.

I have seen it make a huge difference in my childrens' teeth and I am comfortable with my choice.

If this worries you, I would go with another healing method...maybe try the Welda toothpaste and xylitol like rabbit does.

or look up Winston Price and follow him nutritionally.

It is such a personal choice with what you are comfortable with.

I am beyond pleased with our choice and I am comfortable with the decision made. I think you need to be at peace with whichever method you choose.
Have you had your water tested? My DH grew up on a well that had TONS of fluoride in the water, and he has fluorosis and terrible staining from it (as do all of his sibblings)

~Melanie
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #72
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

SamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond reputeSamRose has a reputation beyond repute

What does the Waleda Calendula toothpaste taste like?

I use FB mostly to KIT w/ family, & friends I know IRL, so please don't be offended if I don't accept your request.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #73
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to describe. It does not taste like Crest. It's not unpleasant.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #74
SamRose
Rose Garden

I <3 these cuties!

Quote:
It's hard to describe. It does not taste like Crest. It's not unpleasant.
Is it at all minty? My kids call that "spicy" and freak out spitting when I try to make them use it. I have a TTO & Neem one for myself now and they hate it.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #75
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

It is not minty or spicy or tingly. It's mild. The children's gel is even milder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:
SamRose (10-08-2009), tazmom (10-09-2009)