Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Peaceful Meadows
Rose Garden

Peaceful Meadows has disabled reputation
Default Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool

http://allinonehomeschool.wordpress.com/ Completely free homeschool curriculum from preK through high school.

ETA a quote from the website:
Quote:
This is my children’s school. I am putting their assignments online so that they can work independently and so that I have the assignments saved for their younger siblings. Grade levels and courses include 180 days of homeschool lessons and assignments. It covers reading, writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, math, history/social studies/geography, science, Bible, computer, music, art, PE/health, and logic. It uses only free materials found on the internet.

Feel free to visit my little nook

Last edited by Peaceful Meadows; 03-05-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Peaceful Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Peaceful Meadows For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (10-30-2013), DaltonsMomma (05-23-2013), Grover (03-11-2013), Grylliade (03-17-2013), Hopetobe (03-19-2013), momaich (04-21-2013), mommylove (04-21-2013), passthemanna (03-12-2013), rosesnsnails (05-02-2013), Serendipity (05-26-2013), ThreeKids (03-12-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
cro
Rose Garden

cro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond reputecro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Peasy - All in One Homeschool

Interesting! I'm fascinated that someone took the time to find all those things and organize ALL those lessons.
E ~ born in America 12/08/08; natural bio miracle
cro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Castle On A Cloud
Deactivated

Castle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCastle On A Cloud has a reputation beyond repute

i saw this posted somewhere recently, but have not looked in depth... i would love to click through and look at the contend
Castle On A Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Its so wonderful all the time she has taken to do all of these grade levels.Started my 8th grader off with it this yr while waiting for some ordered curricula to come.It was good but we had some other things that just were a better fit for our eclectic style.Would be good for someone who doesnt want to figure out what to use and wants to cover all bases.Often you can choose from several different things for math or LA

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
gpsings (03-10-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Peaceful Meadows
Rose Garden

Peaceful Meadows has disabled reputation

Someone from my homeschool support group shared the site. She uses it as her main curriculum. While I won't be using it as our main curriculum, I think that I'll be referring to it as one of my resources next year. She definitely put a lot of time and energy into it.

Feel free to visit my little nook
Peaceful Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peaceful Meadows For This Useful Post:
mamacat (03-10-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

I've been doing getting ready 1 with Sunshine. I'm wondering if it's enough to just do this and nothing else. Right now, it's between this and free online public school.

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

That's not grey in my hair, it's glitter growing from my head. Duh. (formerly of the sstarcake variety)

Glitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem mama View Post
I've been doing getting ready 1 with Sunshine. I'm wondering if it's enough to just do this and nothing else. Right now, it's between this and free online public school.
I'm doing this w/ Peanut (will be 5 in June) now, and I just add in some reading aloud (right now we're reading one of the Littles books) and she helps me cook/bake/etc.... I think it's enough.

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!". ~Mythbusters
Glitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #8
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Wow!! She did an amazing job!! Definitely saving that link!

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #9
delightedmama
Climbing Rose

silly crafty messy peaceful-ish me

delightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant futuredelightedmama has a brilliant future

Just looked through the first 60 days of preschool (we'll be starting this fall) and it looks really well done. Plenty of free online resources (YouTube videos from sesame street's day of the week, that kind of thing -- not worksheets which I wouldn't like), well organized, not overwhelming (looks like it'd take max 30min for age 3-4, with some additional optional craft projects). Thanks for the link!

empowering women out of poverty by selling their Fair Trade handcrafts with Trades of Hope!
delightedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

That's not grey in my hair, it's glitter growing from my head. Duh. (formerly of the sstarcake variety)

Glitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond reputeGlitterfish has a reputation beyond repute

This just might be an answer to prayer.... thanks for the link!

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

My dd1 (7th) is primarily using this for school right now but not entirely (she does a few additional subjects). We like it I really like how they lay out the middle school math plan for Khan. FINALLY, a really good plan for attacking Khan since we use that as well.

I think we've been using it a few months We switched last fall sometime so maybe 4 months?

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I debated using this this year. I am thinking that it might be a good way to go for my soon to be 10 yo, because he really does best with computer learning, even though I have tried so many other things and fought it every step of the way.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Glitterfish
Rose Garden

Just wanted to share that I started using this for my 4 year old and 6 year old after the OP posted it.....

and after maybe 4 days of lessons for my 6 year old, he's reading a few words! I skipped ahead on "getting started 1" to where it adds in actual reading instead of just letters/letter sounds, and he picked right up on it. He's ahead in math, so we're still trying to figure out where he is on this curriculum, but he was flat out NOT reading before, so this is awesome!

My 4 year old DD loves that she has "school" to do too It takes maybe 10 minutes per day for her (I'm not doing the printables yet because we need ink in our printer )

Punky
Peanut
Stinker
two we never got to hold
and one due in May 2015

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glitterfish For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (03-19-2013), Llee (10-29-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute

Subbing

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
lisajones1121

wow, thanks!