Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #31
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water?

Tap

Dh installs a filter at the refrigerator, but, since I've read the water report for my city and am pleased with it, I worry more about the filter collecting mold or something than I do about the water.

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #32
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

go ahead and post the other links..think I will sticky this... good info

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #33
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Here goes

how a water alkalizer works
why drink alkaline water
Bob's articles on health and water 5 good articles on ionized (alkaline) water
Alkalife booster drops - THE PRODUCT YOU WOULD USE IF YOU KEEP RO AND WANT TO RAISE THE PH OF IT
water ionizer info
12 articles on the science of water
the importance of water - lots of links below this info

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #34
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

More. . . .

Microwater man's site - tons of links when you start looking around at "water ionizers" or microwater or alkalife drops
cheapest filter I could find but wasn't convinced on it - interesting site interesting articles too
water for life
this link has lots of info and offers a free DVD on ionized water

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #35
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

benefits of walter ionizers including uses for acidic water
why drink alkaline this site also has a great list of uses for acidic water

I am just now really realizing how my acidic water can be used. I think I am under using it because I don't understand it well enough

BUT we use it quite a bit -- to wash produce, in beauty products including clay baths, in home recipes for cleaning products, etc.

DISCLAIMER - almost all above links have things I don't agree with. Many on dietary issues FOr me, I don't throw away the baby with the bathwater

Instead of posting all my links, I posted at least one link at each REALLY good site I have bookmarked. Most sites have TONS of info on this. And they are all fascinating. For me, I see the difference in myself - more energy for one and again I felt I was detoxing. That's good enough for me. It took us 6 months to bite the bullet (and we used our stimulus check ) but we are VERY pleased with it.

We got the Jupiter Microlite I researched, prayed, considered and that's what we chose for ourselves.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #36
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

looks good!!

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #37
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

K Jodi...I just tested our tap water and our RO water. We naturally have high alkaline water.... Is it the same thing??

My tap says Total Alkalinity is 300 or high and my ph is 8.4

My RO says Total alkalinity is 80 and ph is 7.2

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
Herbwifemama
Deactivated

dd running through the sprinkler last summer

Herbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant future

We drink filtered water, mostly to get rid of the chlorine taste. I'd LOVE to filter out fluoride too, but that'll have to wait til I can afford a Berkey.

I just watched this a couple weeks ago: http://storyofstuff.org/bottledwater/

Last edited by Herbwifemama; 04-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Herbwifemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #39
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

FYI - this has come to my attention $195 for a great water filter system that naturally alkalizes your water

DH and I are fairly certain when our expensive ($1000) water machine dies that we will go to this -- I am actually pondering buying one when we have money to put to "emergency preparedness" because it doesn't use electricity

http://www.amazon.com/Santevia-Water.../dp/B0031ESX1A

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (06-28-2010), cobluegirl (06-19-2010), sweetpeasmommy (07-26-2010)
Old 06-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #40
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

Thank you thank you. We don't have $$ right now but when we do..that is a much easier amount to come up with!

ps....Jodi did you see my post above?

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 06-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #41
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl View Post
Thank you thank you. We don't have $$ right now but when we do..that is a much easier amount to come up with!

ps....Jodi did you see my post above?
I missed that - it is fabulous that you have naturally alkaline water We shoot for a 8.5 or 9 in our alkalinity. If I were you, I would do a cheaper filter to remove "junk" but not use the RO . . . . 7.2 is okay - nuetral but you need alkaline to get your body INTO neutral

Old 06-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #42
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

I would just drink the tap water but it tastes like the water softener....

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 06-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #43
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard good things about the Berkley filters. Would that affect alkalinity (or acidity)?

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #44
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaVA View Post
I have heard good things about the Berkley filters. Would that affect alkalinity (or acidity)?
Berkley are really good but they don't do anything for alkalinity/acidity as far as I am aware. Prior to finding this other option(santevia), I was wanting a Berkley for emergencies where we can't use electricity

By the way, santevia is in BPA plastic or ceramic

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (06-28-2010)
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #45
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post

By the way, santevia is in BPA plastic or ceramic
Do you mean BPA free?

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote