Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Household notebooks

I want to have one, now that our family is 6-people big and there are so many things to keep track of! I was reading this today http://notebook.organizedhome.com/di...ehold-notebook. Sounds great~

do any of you do this?
TrinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Household notebooks

I did something similar for a couple of years. I based my planner on the Control Journal concept by Fly Lady. I loved it. The best suggestion that I used was to make daily schedules that fit into clear plastic page protectors. Using a dry erase pen you can cross the items off your list and then wipe it clean when the day is done. I think I'll go read your link more thoroughly to glean new ideas to help me tweak my system.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
newday (12-11-2009), TrinMama (12-11-2009)
Old 12-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
Mama Calidad

I have something similar that I affectionately refer to as "my brain". This is what mine "looks" like:

Before any tabs are my daily or weekly planning pages. Whichever I happen to be using ATM. I have to switch these up routinely when I start getting bored with them.

First tab is "Calendar". These aren't "here and now" calendars. These are for dates beyond my current planner pages. I have a page each with yearly calendars for 2010, 2011 and 2012. I have monthly calendars for each month of 2010 and 2011. I throw away the monthly page after I transfer the events to my planner page AND recurring events to the next year's monthly calendar page.

Then, I have a tab for "Faith". Bible reading schedules, articles I want to read, quotes that I want to look back at, etc.

Finance. Checking journal. Bank statements (I scan Jan-June and July-Dec statements when I've accumulated a set, store them on a memory card and shred the statements then, so I never have more than 5 months of statements in the binder at once.) I also have receipts in this section for warranted items that I may need in the future. I glance at them when I scan statements to see what can be discarded.

Home: Holiday planning pages. Cleaning pages will go here when/if I drop out of the HBChallenges.

H/S. H/S planning stuff and ideas get parked here periodically.

Meals. Meal planning forms. Grocery shopping list forms. Recipes that I want to try out before transferring to a card to put into my recipe binder.

Medical: Medical records. Lab results. Insurance information. Medication dosing charts (tylenol, motrin, etc.)

Reference: Address and phone numbers. Birthday list. Account/reward numbers.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Codi (12-30-2009), Hannah Elise (07-26-2013), joy (12-11-2009), mokamoto (08-06-2011), newday (12-11-2009), PaperMomma (10-28-2011), Redeemed (08-15-2010), TraceMama (12-11-2009), TrinMama (12-11-2009), Virginia (12-20-2011)
Old 12-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
Gentle Journey
Rose Garden

Gentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond reputeGentle Journey has a reputation beyond repute

I have a home management binder. I it.

I have it filled with inspirational pictures. Each section is tabbed, with a pic that makes sense with the section.

I have my daily schedule, cleaning schedules, meal plans, shopping lists, a list of what is needed to make each meal, my usual recipies so I don't have to flips through different books all the time, contacts, inspirational articles.

I also have all the schdules and charts on my comp so I can edit and reprint if needed. Or for my shopping list, I have it down with everything I need right down to smallest ingredient. So then on shopping day, I just delete all the things I have on hand.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Sihaya48
Rose Bouquet

Sihaya48 is just really niceSihaya48 is just really niceSihaya48 is just really niceSihaya48 is just really niceSihaya48 is just really nice

I have one that I really love and I've posted several posts on my blog about it. I haven't finished that "series" yet, but you're welcome to check it out: http://oneweirdmama.wordpress.com/ta...ment-notebook/ Scroll to the bottom to start at the first post.
Mama to DS1
12/07, and DS2 04/13/11, both born at home
Missing Pearl
11/09 and Opal 03/10
Sihaya48 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sihaya48 For This Useful Post:
Codi (12-30-2009), Forsynthianicki (01-05-2010), gpsings (12-19-2010), joy (12-11-2009), TrinMama (12-11-2009)
Old 12-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Katydid
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Katydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond repute

coming back to this...
Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

I need to do this too, I think. Donnayoung.org has a lot of printables and ideas for making pages for a binder too. Thanks for all the other links to look at!

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TraceMama For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (10-21-2014), Mokek Kwe (02-15-2010), TrinMama (12-11-2009)
Old 12-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Katydid
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Katydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond reputeKatydid has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2008/...g-journal.html

Here is the idea that has really spoken to me. I can be rather flighty and I also have perfectionist tendencies, so this has worked out really well for me so far.
abh5e8 (01-03-2010), Maggirayne (12-31-2009), TrinMama (12-11-2009), Virginia (12-20-2011)
Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

TrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond reputeTrinMama has a reputation beyond repute

wow..there is so much to read, and so many choices from these great links!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #10
newday
Deactivated

newday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond reputenewday has a reputation beyond repute

subbing
newday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #11
Naxi
Rose Bouquet

Naxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the roughNaxi is a jewel in the rough

I have just done the Organised Christmas 6 weeks to an organised Christmas. (Related site to the Organised Home one you mentioned TrinMama.) I loved it.

I am making up a Household Notebook in the new year. I have started some bits and pieces, but I am really going to work on it after Christmas (I am slowly digging myself out of the hole in which *ahem* 30-odd years of disorganisation has buried me!)

I will slowly check out these other sites, too, and pick up the tips that work to build it for me. Thanks for all the links!

Nat

Wife to my darling, since 2003;
and
Homeschooling Mumma to Possum (2006), Bandicoot (2008) and Sugar-Glider (Little Princess 2010)

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule." Matthew 5:2 TMV
Naxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
momyshaver
Rose Trellis

Grace is for mamas too!

momyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud ofmomyshaver has much to be proud of

I have a binder that I have used... I have been slacking so much this semester when I probably could have used it the most I have dividers for months and put a calander in each month. A pocket pack for a calculator, pens, and scissors. I had sections for vaccination/health (where I had a signed waiver for each of my children JIC we needed it), tips from HSLDA about your rights and if a social worker shows up at the door, etc. with the HSLDA number JIC we need to call... stuff like that. It does help some..but I also tend towards flighty and perfectionist..so go figure subbing to come back to this... I would like to do a good 'spring cleaning' with things once this semester is over.
momyshaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
saturnfire16
Rose Garden

saturnfire16 has disabled reputation

I want to come back to this, because what I've using works, but doesn't sound nearly as much fun.

Wife to D
Mama to:
E 12/05
L 7/08
Z 12/10
A 6/14
and J in heaven 2/10

Torah Keeping, Unschooling Family

My blog on unschooling and family life: Peace On Dark Nights.
saturnfire16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #14
TrinMama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

I'm finally getting around to putting mine together. I think I'll be making up some of my own pages, since for some things, I'm not finding pages online that I like. I think it will take me all day in between the other things I have to do.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
WI Mama05
Rose Garden

God, you've got this!

WI Mama05 has disabled reputation

I have one that needs revamping
WI Mama05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WI Mama05 For This Useful Post:
nursesarah (02-24-2015)
The Following User Says they are praying for WI Mama05: