Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #31
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

An Enneagram 7 type 1/2 ENTP

MrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Above Rubies and failed adoptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
and, back to Stacy's derail - why do countries have to close down their orphanages in order to join the EU?!
I'm not really sure. Bulgaria still has them and they are EU, but they had to clean them up quite a bit before joining. I'm pretty sure the EU prefers the foster care system, but there probably weren't enough foster parent volunteers to take in all of the kids. Maybe Romania's orphanages were beyond cleaning up to EU standards, so they shut them down instead. That's total speculation, but educated speculation, having lived in Moldova and visited Romania multiple times, including two Romanian orphanages in 2001.
Missing three I will meet in Heaven (Feb 2012), (Apr 2016) & (Jun 2020)

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde
MrsHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsHutch For This Useful Post:
schmamy (04-05-2012), Zooey (04-15-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #32
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Romanian orphanages are infamous in Europe I think. certainly in the UK. they used (in the 90s) to be absolutely atrocious for the main part. I had understood they were much better and didn't know that the EU had asked for closure but it may be linked to the historical stuff. or maybe they hadn't cleaned all of them up that much

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #33
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

What I am learning in this thread shines a new light on the Williams Tragedy.

I'm considering linking to this thread in that post, since it is public. What do you all think?

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #34
Can'tTurnLeft
Deactivated

Can'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond reputeCan'tTurnLeft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermana Linda View Post
What I am learning in this thread shines a new light on the Williams Tragedy.

I'm considering linking to this thread in that post, since it is public. What do you all think?
Please remove my posts before you do that
Can'tTurnLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
Hermana Linda
Administrator

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

If the info here was not meant to be public, please remove it. I was not planning to copy anything, only to link to what is already a public thread which is probably being indexed by Google even as we speak. If the info is going to be removed, I will not bother to link.

My pages:
Old 04-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #36
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

For general adoption information PLEASE spin off a thread in the adoption forum.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
HadassahSukkot (04-07-2012), schmamy (04-05-2012), shaslove (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #37
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

a thread already exists, actually:

http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...d.php?t=443716

DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (04-05-2012), HadassahSukkot (04-07-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #38
Hermana Linda
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
a thread already exists, actually:

http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...d.php?t=443716

but I meant a public thread, like this one.

My pages:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (04-05-2012), Zooey (04-15-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #39
Ajani
Rose Trellis

Learning what I'm called to believe

Ajani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond repute

Really looking forward to the article & book. I know some Above Rubies fans and I imagine they're quite clueless about all of this.

Come share food with me.

~ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~

Ajani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajani For This Useful Post:
HadassahSukkot (04-07-2012), momyshaver (04-09-2012), Zooey (04-15-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation

I'm looking forward to the article, too. I know several Above Rubies fans, and one of which the family that adopted from Liberia. Some are not clueless, and it's sad to watch from the outside, what little the outside world is allowed to see.

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

Last edited by SilverMoon; 04-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.
SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #41
Synesthesia
Rose Garden

Synesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthesia has a reputation beyond repute

I am horrified by this.
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush, The Fog

Wielder of the Katana of Lepidoptera and General Randomness.
Synesthesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #42
nikki k
Seedling Rose

nikki k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
I am horrified by this.
Me to.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #43
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of any of this. It's disturbing and interesting.

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #44
dakotablue
Rose Trellis

dakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond reputedakotablue has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard about any of this, but am extremely interested and will say I had looked into above rubies before as Dh and I are boarding on quiverfull...we'll see how true it ends up being.

Her recommendation of "Primal Wound" discredits anything she could possibly have to say in my book. Seriously, that book is horrible. Crude, horrible and misleading. As a women who was not raised by her birth mother I can honestly say this is the most offensive 'adoption' book. Not pro and does excuse adoptive parents of all responsibility.

Pumpkin Boy born via c/s 10/09
Love Bug Boy VBAC 2/11
Lady Bug VBAC 2/13

Proud wife to Dh since 12/06

Happily co-sleeping, breastfeeding, babywearing and homeschooling. gf/df/soy/nut free

enFj
dakotablue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakotablue For This Useful Post:
Chaos Coordinator (04-13-2012), MissusLeata (04-10-2012), Zooey (04-15-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #45
Hermana Linda
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotablue View Post
I haven't heard about any of this, but am extremely interested and will say I had looked into above rubies before as Dh and I are boarding on quiverfull...we'll see how true it ends up being.

Her recommendation of "Primal Wound" discredits anything she could possibly have to say in my book. Seriously, that book is horrible. Crude, horrible and misleading. As a women who was not raised by her birth mother I can honestly say this is the most offensive 'adoption' book. Not pro and does excuse adoptive parents of all responsibility.
for that insight.

My pages: