Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
WildOlive

Default Planning and planners.

I tried Simply Charlotte Mason's online planner this fall... I liked it, but it fell by the wayside because I didn't like having to log on every time I wanted to update it or check it. So I think I need something on paper. I've come to realize that even if I intend to do something, if it's not written down somewhere it will not get done.

I also don't want a planner that I have to hand write everything in. I want to be able to make the plan on the computer, but then print it out. Does anyone know of anybody who sells a customizable planner like this? Maybe a .pdf? I'd like to be able to just plug in my info and go, instead of coming up with my own format.

I still haven't decided what we're doing next year, but I think it will either be Sonlight, AO with history modifications, or me pulling my own thing together again (I can't believe I just typed that. I must be nuts.)

If you do make up your own planner from scratch, I'd love to hear how you put it together, or see a sample.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Mama Rophe
Rose Garden

Mama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning and planners.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Damselfly
Deactivated

Formerly Jadeswan ;)

Damselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond reputeDamselfly has a reputation beyond repute

My husband creates my planner pages and attendance record for me. I love that because he will customize it to exactly what I need. I can ask him more about how he does it if you'd like.
Damselfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
lenswyf
Rose Garden

lenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wellplannedday.com/
You can buy the 2009-2010 planner for $5 to see if it will meet your needs. I have the downloadable version and like it.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #5
WildOlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenswyf View Post
http://www.wellplannedday.com/
You can buy the 2009-2010 planner for $5 to see if it will meet your needs. I have the downloadable version and like it.
THat one looks interesting. Is the downloadable version also customizable? Like can I change the names/add subjects and things?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #6
lenswyf
Rose Garden

lenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond reputelenswyf has a reputation beyond repute

No, the downloadable is not customizable because it's a .pdf file.

FWIW, if you wanted to try it, you can buy it for half price through the Homeschool Buyer's Coop (https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.or...er&Itemid=1342) until 3/31.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #7
Titus2Momof4
Rose Garden

Titus2Momof4 is a name known to allTitus2Momof4 is a name known to allTitus2Momof4 is a name known to allTitus2Momof4 is a name known to allTitus2Momof4 is a name known to allTitus2Momof4 is a name known to allTitus2Momof4 is a name known to all

I create my own from scratch, but I don't mind sitting down to do that. I also use some of the templates available in Microsoft Office 2007 for other things. Have you delved into some of those? You can always tweak them to include the info you want, but check out the Excel ones as they do have tons of planners and school planners. I like that I can enter in the info I want to be "standard," but then I print them up for that add-on info that I want to add (by hand). Plus, other than my calendar for work, I really prefer everything to be on paper (I'm old-fashioned that way ) For work, everything changes on the fly sometimes and other things need to be switched around, appointment times change, etc. so I definitely need something online for that--that would be far too much erasing/whiting out/re-printing if work was all on paper!

Abby (15) Lexi (15) Loralai (13) Noah (11)

Titus2Momof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titus2Momof4 For This Useful Post:
Mama Rophe (03-30-2010)
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
AdrienneQW
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

AdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the planners and other stuff at www.donnayoung.org - I find tons of good (freeeeee) things on her site.
Proud mama of Dexter (Feb 2002) and Celeste (April 2005)
Always loving Thomas William (03/04)
AdrienneQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
WildOlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienneQW View Post
Check out the planners and other stuff at www.donnayoung.org - I find tons of good (freeeeee) things on her site.
Oh, she has some type-able pdfs!

Has anyone used Homeschool Tracker Plus? I know that is computer based, I wonder if you can also print out the plans?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
lmgeenw
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

lmgeenw has disabled reputation

Wife to DH since 1999
Momma to 3 awesome kiddos
IBCLC and postpartum doula in private practice
lmgeenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
lenswyf
Rose Garden

I have homeschool tracker, and yes, you can print out the plans. I haven't had time to really make it work for me, but I know people who would be lost without it.

They offer an abbreviated free version that is enough to plan out your homeschool.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute

We use MFW......I use their planner, but it definitely takes some tweaking.

I'll admit, it DOES annoy me. I would like something more CUSTOMIZED; however, I don't know that it's worth my extra time to sit down & reinvent.

As it stands, I copy the planner pages out of the TM & on the backside have copied a blank planner to pencil in stuff for our second "student" .

Always love to hear what others are doing.......I am a planner type of girl.

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote