Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #61
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

i would love to lose 15..am totally stuck too..grr...

Where are you getting your chlorella(sp)? it is pricey

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #62
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

luckyvitamin.com I buy the 1 lb of powder for $27.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #63
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...46#post3020946

Spin off..

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #64
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

They can be taken together.I would just reccomed having done a cleanse first with both of them seperately before one starts combining. I once ran across a site selling a proprietary blend of the two. Since you can't overdo either but you can detox to fast if you're not careful then be left wondering which it was and what amount. I like taking them together when I know we have been around something that needs a thorough cleanse as well as adsorbtion. Like we just got over the vaccination pox, not the real stuff. We are taking the two as we speak. Avoid adding de until chest symptoms are completely gone though hthsomeone...
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
sweetpeasmommy (04-13-2010)
Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #65
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

I have been taking the Clay on and off for a while... does that count?

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #66
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

ya, if you know what amounts cause you to detox and what amount is the daily amount your body responds to.

if you are stuck in the loosing weight area i can second de working. ive been consistently loosing weight since doing more raw foods along with clay and de. raw foods alone didnt do it. it was adding the clay and de to my routine. i say weight but im talking inches!
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
cobluegirl (04-14-2010), sweetpeasmommy (04-14-2010)
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #67
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so just to get this straight in my head... How do I begin a de parasite cleanse on my whole family? How much per day, how often, what should we take it with? What side affects should I be looking for?

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crunchymum For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #68
Raspberries

After doing some more research I decided to purchase some DE this evening from earthworks. My DH and I will be giving it a go. I'm hopeful for some good results from my many stomach issues and my DH's back and shoulder pain.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

ETA: When you take this, (and I think I might have asked this earlier) how should you stagger it from your probiotics? I bought some heavy duty (Primal Defense) stuff this evening and don't want to basically waste it by taking it at a time that it'll end up being wiped out by DE.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #69
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Afaik, DE doesn't wipe out supplements like clay does.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #70
Raspberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
Afaik, DE doesn't wipe out supplements like clay does.
My concern is that if it can wipe out parasites, and bad bacteria then good bacteria is just as susceptible, kwim?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #71
Raspberries

Found this: http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/di...human_use.html
Quote:
· Remember, DE will kill beneficial insects as well, so use accordingly.
So that probably means good bacteria too as it also says:

Quote:
they attract and absorb bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide, and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals.
So I'll probably want to take my probiotic opposite of DE.

Last edited by Raspberries; 04-15-2010 at 10:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (04-15-2010), sweetpeasmommy (04-15-2010)
Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #72
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

i did two TBSP for dillon and me and 1/2 tbsp for saleem.
dh and ds didn't stick with it for very long, but ah well. we'll try again.

my detox symptoms were: emotional, stomach upset, general crawling out of my skin feeling, restlessness, generalized aches. not fun but it was gone in about a week.

i have read on a moderately shady site (was marketing very heavily, always makes me nervous) that parasites absorb toxins as well. including metals. and when they die, we can re-absorb those metals. i'm thinking of that b/c that's what it felt like, heavy metal thing to me, when i was detoxing, but who knows
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 04-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #73
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

ok, so the DE we got was very dark, not white like i'm used to seeing. is there anything i need to know about it? i'm assuming it means a higher clay content...

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #74
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

will you post a pic?? Somewhere in this thread someone said that dark was better...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #75
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation

I thought they said lighter was better.
Yeah, it was darker than I'd hoped and the ingredient list said calcuim bentonite was in it, and belaruska checked online that it's clay.
Yes, we had a small gcm meet to distribute d.e.

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote