Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #61
Leslie_JJKs_mom
Rose Garden

loving my family since 1991

Leslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atkins

oh that does look really good.

Mommy to our valentine sweetheart, Jessica Lynn, and March Jellybean, Kaitlyn Elizabeth. My heart is overflowing with love for my precious girls.

Wife to my best friend

Homeschooling, sometimes co sleeping mommy to a teenager and sweet little one
Leslie_JJKs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #62
Leslie_JJKs_mom
Rose Garden

Leslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie_JJKs_mom has a reputation beyond repute

If you can tolerate artificial sweeteners this is wonderful desert I just made. I was curious if it spiked my insulin so I did some research and found the strange symptoms I had after eating before atkins. I was having insulin spikes with the carbs. Well after a week or so of staying away I tested it and nothing. No cravings no insulin spike symptoms in fact it makes me feel full. Sooo I made a type of root beer float. I used whipping cream with a bit of splenda and diet root beer. Oh my goodness. It was not exactly like the real thing but close enough. It foamed huge and left me stuffed.

Mommy to our valentine sweetheart, Jessica Lynn, and March Jellybean, Kaitlyn Elizabeth. My heart is overflowing with love for my precious girls.

Wife to my best friend

Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #63
Leslie_JJKs_mom
Rose Garden

Well I cheated twice, BUT both were planned. It was not a I can't resist anymore I must have that. I was able to take my day off have the big BBQ parties and go right back on it the next day both times.

Wife to my best friend

Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #64
BlissfullyEsther
Rose Trellis

BlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond reputeBlissfullyEsther has a reputation beyond repute

Today marks one week that I have been properly back on Atkins. I'm doing it starting on Phase 3 (they have food lists on their website and I'm eating from phase 1, 2 and 3). I'm not measuring the amounts I eat, just eating only from those lists.

Part-time wasn't working for me, I couldn't stick to it and was bingeing and *gaining* weight, more than when I wasn't trying.

So this week I've lost 1kg. (approx 2lb).
10 weeks like this and I'll be at my goal!
Perhaps I should get a ticker?

I'm struggling to eat enough, which is why I am not measuring amounts. I'm bf'ing my 3yo so I need more food than I otherwise would. Foods I'm enjoying right now are:

- sweet potato, microwaved until soft, slathered in butter and sprinkled in cinnamon. It solves the mid-afternoon sugar craving.

- a bake made of pumpkin, ricotta, cheddar, egg, pine nuts, spinach, garlic. Mmmmmm!

I'm feeling clearer-headed, in less pain, and I'm not suffering from carb headaches or feeling sick. I just need figure out how to to eat more.

How is everyone else going?

In the search for community which combines a love of our Creator with a love of raising children gently.

Echidna, 7.5yo: "Does icebergs (aspergers) mean lots of lego?"
BlissfullyEsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #65
Leslie_JJKs_mom
Rose Garden

Fried turnips are amazingly tasty in place of fried taters. Obviously not exaclty the same but not bad at all. I had BLT's with oopsie bread and fried turnips for dinner. Hmmm I can't believe my clothes are getting loose. You are not suppose to eat this well on a diet

Wife to my best friend

Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #66
lalaithnil
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

lalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond reputelalaithnil has a reputation beyond repute

following along here

lalaithnil is offline   Reply With Quote