Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #166
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Dh reacted in a similar way. He stopped the DE as well (he also stopped a few other things--aflalfa, Wormwood/blackwalnut/clove/fern, and skin brushing) and his abdominal issues subsided greatly (but not completely). He is going to try the alfalfa and de separately to see if it was one of those. The abdominal bloating and pain started BEFORE the de, though, it was one of the reasons I bought it, so while I am confused, it is a possibility. We''ll have to keep comparing notes.
WOW . . . that is crazy . Especially since he had it beforehand . DD didn't . . . I thought she got gluten about 2 weeks ago and until she quit the DE the bloating and pain wasn't going away Day 4 now and IMO she's continuing to get better Thank God!!

DD2 is still on DE.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #167
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

i vote repackage it into an apothecary looking glass jar b/f introducing it to him
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
Chaos Coordinator (07-06-2010)
Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #168
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

*looking up apothecary jars on amazon*

hey i actually got him to take probiotics this a.m. just had to hide the "vaginal support" label!!

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
mountainash (07-07-2010)
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #169
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #170
Taedareth
Rose Garden

The Doctor: If there's one thing I can't stand it's an unpunctual alien attack!

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

I've been taking 4 Tbsp of DE per day for um, 2 weeks now I think? I haven't noticed any changes of any kind, except maybe my nighttime teeth-grinding has been cured Hard to know about that, since I'm asleep when it happens

Wanted to chime in on the gas/bloating thing: The first time I took DE (a year ago) I had a cold/flu when I started taking DE. Got the painful intestinal gas thing. This happened two consecutive days about an hour after taking my DE. I stopped taking it until the illness was completely passed. Started taking DE again and never had any problems with it This time when I started taking DE I didn't have any gastro-intestinal symptoms either.

Haven't seen anything suspicious in the potty, for myself or with the kids (the hubby hasn't reported anything either) But since 90% of parasite species are not visible to the naked eye, that doesn't bother me. Another mama here (different DE thread though) said her dogs used to get whipworm infections on a cyclical basis every few months, with very obvious symptoms in their stools (diarrhea). She would medicate them and it would go away only to return later. But since she's been giving them 1-2 Tbsp DE on their food every day, they haven't come down with any whipworm infestations. So I'm feeling pretty confident that DE is effective against parasites, although it's possible there could be some species that are impervious to it. I do wonder about liver flukes and such - ones that take up residence in an organ rather than migrating through the digestive tract where the DE is.

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
Taedareth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taedareth For This Useful Post:
me (11-17-2010)
Old 07-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #171
Garland
Rose Trellis

Garland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #172
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
I've been taking 4 Tbsp of DE per day for um, 2 weeks now I think? I haven't noticed any changes of any kind, except maybe my nighttime teeth-grinding has been cured Hard to know about that, since I'm asleep when it happens

Wanted to chime in on the gas/bloating thing: The first time I took DE (a year ago) I had a cold/flu when I started taking DE. Got the painful intestinal gas thing. This happened two consecutive days about an hour after taking my DE. I stopped taking it until the illness was completely passed. Started taking DE again and never had any problems with it This time when I started taking DE I didn't have any gastro-intestinal symptoms either.

Haven't seen anything suspicious in the potty, for myself or with the kids (the hubby hasn't reported anything either) But since 90% of parasite species are not visible to the naked eye, that doesn't bother me. Another mama here (different DE thread though) said her dogs used to get whipworm infections on a cyclical basis every few months, with very obvious symptoms in their stools (diarrhea). She would medicate them and it would go away only to return later. But since she's been giving them 1-2 Tbsp DE on their food every day, they haven't come down with any whipworm infestations. So I'm feeling pretty confident that DE is effective against parasites, although it's possible there could be some species that are impervious to it. I do wonder about liver flukes and such - ones that take up residence in an organ rather than migrating through the digestive tract where the DE is.
de works in the blood, one reason it can correct cholesterol i think, i dont see why it wouldnt be able to reach something in an organ. jmo there have been times though that the de had aggravated my lungs. i just switched to clay then went back to de and always felt much better after. not sure if that was just part of the healing process for me when i got rid of my asthma. i never had bloating from it though, suppose every persons unique body reacts differently at different times. so fascinating to hear everyones experiences
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
sweetpeasmommy (07-28-2010)
Old 07-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #173
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

me - i like your user name. wish i'd thought of something like that.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Old 07-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #174
me
Rose Garden

hee-hee
eta: i was thinking about the bloating: yeast can fight when its being removed,lol, for lack of a better word, some people refer to them as nests. bloating along with constipation is a sure sign. sometimes if you take something to get things moving right when you notice it happening, you will see the yeast come out in the stools.

Last edited by me; 07-28-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #175
Taedareth
Rose Garden

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I can't help myself, I have to ask... how would you *see* yeast?! It's a microscopic organism, isn't it?

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
Old 07-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #176
me
Rose Garden

it causes there to be a sort of white colored fluff that coats. very distinct. just like the distinct diaper odor of yeast there is an appearance as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #177
Taedareth
Rose Garden

Ok that makes sense. Although it could also just be intestinal mucus, couldn't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Taedareth For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #178
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

this explains why i've been feeling constipated after taking probiotics!!!

sorry maybe that warranted a tmi alert lol. although this IS the DE thread...

whenever i'm taking soemthing for yeast (garlic, capryl, probx) i just feel really really hungry!!

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #179
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
Ok that makes sense. Although it could also just be intestinal mucus, couldn't it?
ya, most surely it could. especially if a person used a suppository or the drug store enema solutions or is taking something that is irritating things. i dont know if mucous takes on different textures or not, i would have to ask a gastroentronologist(sp?). mucous is just that, sort of sticky. the white fluff isnt mucousy. perhaps yeast makes the mucous fluffy, perhaps its something yeast leaves behind, i honestly dont know. i do know, if a person knows they have yeast and they start getting rid of it, there is a good chance they will at some point have some swelling and constipation from the yeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessisblessed View Post
this explains why i've been feeling constipated after taking probiotics!!!

sorry maybe that warranted a tmi alert lol. although this IS the DE thread...

whenever i'm taking soemthing for yeast (garlic, capryl, probx) i just feel really really hungry!!
for me, lol, get it, me, lol...anyway, i found that most of the probiotics we tried made things worse for us. there could be a million reasons that i can now see in hindsight but not one that i could say for a fact. i also tried the garlic route and it also use to make things worse for us. it would even give my oldest hives on her mouth if i successfully snuch it into their food. but now that we are better we eat fresh garlic all the time and in everything. maybe theres something about it that does more harm than good when something in particular is compromised in the body??? who knows. but thank God, He has given us more than one thing to do the same work as garlic. That's what i love most about a large group of women talking natural health. there will always be a ton of suggestions and there is bound to be one that will work. or someone who can tell you why one isnt working
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Llee (05-04-2013), Peridot (08-21-2010)
Old 08-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #180
Peridot
Rose Garden

I stand before you, DeFrocked!!

Peridot has disabled reputation

jess- yeast detox always makes me very hungry too.

Can I just sprinkle it into our food? please?

"A normal, imperfect, LUMPEN human being!!"

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote