Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:54 AM   #1
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default gratitude thread?

Anyone care to sure what we r grateful for? I need to be better and am kind of failing in this so wondered if having people join me might help.

My salvation - and I’m reminded It literally broke Gods heart to let his son die
My hubby and children
My new to us home and my realtor.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (11-23-2020), Pragmatist (11-23-2020), Reva (11-23-2020), Singingmom (11-26-2020), twoplustwo (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gratitude thread?

Sure! I'm grateful that my family is not experiencing strain due to differing opinions on covid or politics.

Also that our fall weather has been blissfully warm! I hate the cold

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
ECingMama (11-23-2020), Singingmom (11-26-2020), tempus vernum (11-23-2020), twoplustwo (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has Nutcracker dress rehearsals today. She’s ecstatic. Audience is 50 people in place that seats over 500.

Clara dreams coming true!!!

Her acne went away with one week on royal, gelatinzed maca! Lisa for the win!

Fall weather has been amazing.

We got our garage cleaned out, so hubby can park next to me. Had a garage sale but gave most of it away for free to people who came.

I bought $300 worth of anxiety-related books because of the other threads here, and I know my family will benefit. ($150 to $200 per hour for therapy here)

We had home church yesterday, and my daughter’s sermon was great.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Pragmatist (11-23-2020), Singingmom (11-26-2020), tempus vernum (11-23-2020), twoplustwo (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #4
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Can you sure the anxiety book titles?

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #5
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! I do a daily gratitude journal. And we are doing a gratitude pumpkin this month.

I am grateful for dh and I jobs.
Health.
Heat
Appliances.
Christmas decorations.
Hot drinks!
Blankets, slippers.
Dogs/pets.
Friends.
School.
Fresh food.

Today I will add its the FOURTH day in a row where are state's numbers didn't rise for COVID!

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
Can you sure the anxiety book titles?
I know you didn't ask me, but this is the one my dd does:

https://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Workb...6154789&sr=8-3

She says it helps a lot.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (11-26-2020), tempus vernum (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #6
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Two plus two. Do you have tips on how to make a better habit? I’m considering the spot for notes in my weekly planner. As someone who is adhd that things become a brain for me

Old 11-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #7
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Two plus two. Do you have tips on how to make a better habit? I’m considering the spot for notes in my weekly planner. As someone who is adhd that things become a brain for me
Yes! I have a habits app. I have it both for flossing and my gratitude journal.

It sets a reminder for me. Plus it has a fun graph and then when you get close to the top of the graph you dont want to miss a day because then you drop back down.

I used to have more things on there and got really good with the CV but have since fallen off.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #8
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
Yes! I do a daily gratitude journal. And we are doing a gratitude pumpkin this month.

I am grateful for dh and I jobs.
Health.
Heat
Appliances.
Christmas decorations.
Hot drinks!
Blankets, slippers.
Dogs/pets.
Friends.
School.
Fresh food.

I know you didn't ask me, but this is the one my dd does:

https://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Workb...6154789&sr=8-3

She says it helps a lot.
That’s one I bought too.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Atomic Habits book was life-changing for me and my EF issues.

I added all the books and put them in banana cakes more private thread. You just commented there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (11-23-2020), twoplustwo (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 08:24 PM   #9
Pragmatist
Rose Garden

Pragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond reputePragmatist has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thankful that my DH is employed, my family is healthy, and that my kids currently are able to go to their activities.

Strawberry Shortcake- 3/07

Huckleberry Pie- 9/11
Pragmatist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pragmatist For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (11-24-2020), Singingmom (11-26-2020), tempus vernum (11-23-2020), twoplustwo (11-24-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
That’s one I bought too.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Atomic Habits book was life-changing for me and my EF issues.

I added all the books and put them in banana cakes more private thread. You just commented there.
I saw your post and snorted. I have purchased more than half of those (90% of the adult ones and 50% of the kids ones) and have zero clue where they r or if I gleaned anything from them I also found abt 8 books I was reading earlier this year that I had set down in weird olacws or just forgotten abt when we moved they were scattered abt . The question is, did I not unpack a box of books? Did I accidentally donate? And were any useful to me

The Following User Says they are praying for tempus vernum:
ECingMama (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #11
ECingMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
I saw your post and snorted. I have purchased more than half of those (90% of the adult ones and 50% of the kids ones) and have zero clue where they r or if I gleaned anything from them I also found abt 8 books I was reading earlier this year that I had set down in weird olacws or just forgotten abt when we moved they were scattered abt . The question is, did I not unpack a box of books? Did I accidentally donate? And were any useful to me
I just found a box of books with 2 of my favorite cookbooks. It was in the garage next to my car fur 2.5 years. Only box there.

I hope you're able to remember them. Hugs.

Nutcracker cancelled on Friday night and both Saturday shows even though the paper says our state is trending down. Our state is forcing our county into lockdown.

Shows still tomorrow, so all is not lost. My girlie still sobbed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (11-23-2020), twoplustwo (11-24-2020)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for ECingMama:
tempus vernum (11-23-2020), twoplustwo (11-24-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #12
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Off topic but Honestly nothings been so powerful to me as 3 things
1 written planner (and just made a daily gratitude spot on my weekly area that I use all day every day)
2 declutter
3 make a spot for everything

LOL abt books- praying for your sweet girl

My thing I wrote in my daily gratitude for today is .(trying to stop being grateful for the same things over and over)

Rodgers PHP

Last edited by tempus vernum; 11-23-2020 at 10:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (11-24-2020)
The Following User Says they are praying for tempus vernum:
ECingMama (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:27 AM   #13
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Today’s gratitude - gluten free convenience foods like stuffing and French fried onions. (I recall the days there was almost zero gf foods to be found locally). We buy things like this pretty rarely but I’m grateful
We can get a few things because I don’t have the energy to make that from scratch this year.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (11-24-2020), knitlove (11-24-2020), Singingmom (11-26-2020), twoplustwo (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #14
ECingMama
Rose Garden

I'm hosting my in laws for Thanksgiving today. Grateful.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (11-26-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #15
ECingMama
Rose Garden

1,000,000 swoons. My daughter performed as Clara tonight. It was 65 minutes of perfection.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Pragmatist (11-25-2020), Singingmom (11-25-2020), tempus vernum (11-25-2020), The Tickle Momster (11-25-2020), twoplustwo (11-25-2020)