Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #46
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you eating in October?

That's an idea.

I might save it for friday & do egg roll in a bowl.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:31 AM   #47
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been pretty lazy with dinner meals. Basically I'm thawing what ever protein I happen to grab tossing some veggies into some kind of cooking method and either making rice, GF pasta or some kind of bread rolls and calling it good. The combos may or may not make sense.
Now Id love ideas for school lunches. Margaret is now in school and all lunches and snacks need to be brought from home. When we homeschooled I was ussually just able to do like left overs or toss some nuggets into the oven ect but that gets a bit complicated for school lunches. We dont just want constant sandwiches.
Her school has no restrictions. They eat in classroom and no one in her class has a food contact allergy. She is low gluten (she is less and less sensitive as she gotten older and can pretty much handle any as long as it isn't too much or stacked too quickly) no obvious dairy (similar as the above probably a bit more sensitive).

This is what we have done so far this week..

Monday Hard boiled egs, gf crackers, strawberries, cucumber slices annies gummies and a capri sun snack was the granola and banana chips always water bottle.
[IMG]IMG_20201004_223227930 by pollardk2612, on Flickr[/IMG]

Tuesday
Hot dog slices, ketchup for dipping, cauliflower, mini apple, and banana nut mini muffin, nature valley granola bar for snack. Just water.
[IMG]IMG_20201005_225909807 by pollardk2612, on Flickr[/IMG]

Today Ballet day so I try to give her a little extra..
DF vanilla yogurt, black berries and strawberries, cucumber slices, dairy free cheese and crackers, granola bar. snack is some banana waffers Just water day.
[IMG]IMG_20201006_224621059 by pollardk2612, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think we are doing okay but I'd love some simple but fun suggestions.She is absolutely loving being in school and I'm loving her school but still feeling a bit guilty like I wasn't a good enough homeschooler. (although we were doing fine my reasons were different). I feel like the little things like her lunches are my ways I can still be involved...
twoplustwo (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #48
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Is that pink bento box insulated? (If so, how well does it work?)

Just for fun, I've used those little sushi molds to make rice and hard boiled eggs into cute shapes like fish and panda bears. Molds are cheap on Amazon.

Ants on a log? (celery stuffed with nut/seed butter topped with raisins)

Those multi-colored mini peppers stuffed with hummus or baba ghannoush or whatever she can eat

Hand pies (You'd probably have to make them to get a good gf crust)

Spring rolls
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
milkmommy (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #49
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
Is that pink bento box insulated? (If so, how well does it work?)

Just for fun, I've used those little sushi molds to make rice and hard boiled eggs into cute shapes like fish and panda bears. Molds are cheap on Amazon.

Ants on a log? (celery stuffed with nut/seed butter topped with raisins)

Those multi-colored mini peppers stuffed with hummus or baba ghannoush or whatever she can eat

Hand pies (You'd probably have to make them to get a good gf crust)

Spring rolls
It's an omnibox vertic is still out on how well the thermas works. We tried the hot dogs. I poured boiling water in and heated the hot dogs on the stove.let the water sit for about 10 minutes emptied and put in the hot dogs.. around 7:15 she has lunch at 12pm.. unfortunaly she had trouble opening it and didn't ask for help. She ended up eating them after school by then they were room temp.
I did yogurt today put it in the night before and just refrigerated it. She said it wasn't very cool and a little watery.. directions say add ice water and let sit others suggest putting it in the freezer overnight then filling in the am for cold.. I'll try that and see it it works better. I'm guessing right now it's a learning process. I hope because it isn't cheap.
ViolaMum (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #50
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my eldest and I went grocery shopping We've been going every 6 weeks and I've been menu planning as well.

Last night was creamy sausage pasta bake and tonight is nachos
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #51
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Semi homemade, semi convenience for dinner tonight. I had a spaghetti squash from my produce basket that I needed to use up, so I cooked that in the Instant Pot. It wasn't enough to feed the whole family, so I also boiled some spaghetti noodles, so everyone could choose the spaghetti squash, or noodles. In the crockpot earlier, I put two pounds of ground beef, cut up some other veggies I needed to use up, and then dumped two jars of spaghetti sauce in with it, and we topped our squash and noodles with that.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Also, the Instant Pot is hands down the best way to cook spaghetti squash I have ever tried!
Old 10-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #52
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Deanna, those lunches are fabulous! Does she like hummus? That could be the star of a meal with crackers and veggies.

Tonight we had a salad bar with lots of goodies that everyone liked.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:44 PM   #53
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

tonight. strombolis (I think I finally got the name right, inside pizzas you dip in pizza sauce)
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #54
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Roasted chicken with acorn squash and salid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #55
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

Stewed hamburg steak (nikomi hamburg).
It involves shiitake mushrooms and red wine,butter and onions.
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beth1231 For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (10-08-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #56
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1231 View Post
Stewed hamburg steak (nikomi hamburg).

It involves shiitake mushrooms and red wine,butter and onions.
That sounds really yummy! Recipe?

We ended up with Costco pizza tonight.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:37 PM   #57
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
That sounds really yummy! Recipe?

We ended up with Costco pizza tonight.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

https://japan.recipetineats.com/stew...ushroom-sauce/
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beth1231 For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (10-09-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #58
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Steak, oven fries, and green bean fries.

Dh was out and about today and brought home ice cream from a local creamery for dessert.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:48 PM   #59
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
Steak, oven fries, and green bean fries.

Dh was out and about today and brought home ice cream from a local creamery for dessert.
Green bean fries are the best!

We had oatmeal leek soup from THM
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:50 AM   #60
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Soup and garlic bread. Salads for side.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote