Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #16
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, how's the weather out there?

60s and sunny here in the intermountain west. I it!

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #17
MamaRachel
Rose Bouquet

MamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to beholdMamaRachel is a splendid one to behold

Lots of snow here. It's starting to come down harder and the wind is starting to blow more. Schools are closed and my husband got sent home from work and told not to come in until at least 9 am tomorrow.

married to J since 2010

E ~ 8.5 yr
A ~ 7 yr
C ~ 4 yr
B ~ 7months
MamaRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaRachel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #18
BelovedDaughter
Climbing Rose

BelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant future

30 degrees F with snow showers. It hasn't accumulated though. Our weather has been so wacky!

Married in 2010 to programmer hubby
Momma to A since 5/19/14

BelovedDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BelovedDaughter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #19
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

People put on their winter coats here in South Texas for our wintery 60 degree weather yesterday Seriously though we have already gotten up to the upper 80s and its not even spring yet.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #20
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Still showing... We have about 12+ inches right now.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HuggaBuggaMommy For This Useful Post:
ChristmasGirl (03-14-2017), gerberadaisy (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #21
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

We've had record setting snow this winter. It's been in the 40s and 50s for days and it's still past my knees.

Today is damp, misty, and foggy. I have to run an errand and I don't want to.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #22
ChristmasGirl
Rose Garden

love~joy~peace

ChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond reputeChristmasGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
Sunny and 70 in Colorado. We've had a very mild winter with hardly any snow. We need moisture soon, though, or it will be a bad year for fires.
I think this is the first March I can remember that we will probably not have any measurable snow this month (at least if the futurecast is correct ), and it usually is out snowiest month! Loving this weather, but we've had some bad bad fires in years past and it would be nice to get some rain/moisture to help prevent that!

❀married to my sweetie for 26 years
❀mom to Lizzie 24 and Eli 20
ChristmasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #23
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

We had been having unseasonably warm weather (60's, 70's, even 80's), then several fires in my state and surrounding states because it was so dry and windy, then it turned cold again over the weekend with wind chills below freezing. Brr. Today it is sunny and in the 50's. We could use some rain though.
Save
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #24
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea it was so warm today, when I posted this morning. 60*

We have had lots of snowy days but little to no accumulation.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #25
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggaBuggaMommy View Post
Still showing... We have about 12+ inches right now.
My husband says we have over a foot of snow but not quite 2 feet. He had to snow blow our drive twice though but that could be because of drifting rather than actual accumulation. It was still snowing about an hour or so ago but not hard. They built an igloo alongside the house & it's almost as tall as me. Most of it was built from drift but hubs did pile some on.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #26
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I took this at 3 and if anything the snow has gotten heaver. They neaver managed to get out street plowed at all today.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-14-2017), Pragmatist (03-15-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #27
Maleldil's daughter
Rose Bouquet

Maleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud of

It was in the 80s here today. I packed up the winter coats and bedding. I can't quite wrap my mind around snow. I would send you all some sunshine if I could!

Wifey to the Husby 9/6/2006
Mama to The Littlest Man in all the Land 5/31/2012
and The Littlest Girl in all the World 1/28/2016

Counseling is like cleaning out your fridge. Mostly it's rearranging things so they make more sense. Now and then you come across some really nasty thing that's been stuck in the back way too long.
Maleldil's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maleldil's daughter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 03:52 AM   #28
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

More snow expected today.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:56 AM   #29
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my! Is that two feet?

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 06:02 AM   #30
greengirl19
Rose Trellis

For G

greengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

It's rough here in south Georgia After virtually no winter, 70 degrees and sunny for months, it's been 50-60 and rainy for several days. Today the high is low 50 with a cold wind. We've cancelled our park trip and are staying bundled inside with a brief outing to cover the garden because it's supposed to freeze tonight!

Mom to G since 8/10/09 my crazy 10 yo
Z since 9/10/13 my wild thing 6 yo
Surprise! N born 2/8/16 terrific 4 yo

*my help comes from the Lord above*
greengirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengirl19 For This Useful Post:
gerberadaisy (03-15-2017), knitlove (03-15-2017)