Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #136
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

That said,ds had a very long and violent bout of diarrhea for almost a week and it seemed to me as soon as he started the coconut water/juice that Lisa recommended, it started going away We were trying a million and one things that had worked in the past but nothing did it until he drank some. He didn't like it and forced himself to drink about 8 ounces and honest to God it seemed like it stopped almost instantly!
Thanks for the tip. I thought coconut products were diarrhea-inducing for some reason? I'll have to remember that the water is actually helpful.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #137
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

anything labeled for animal and garden use *must* be foodgrade.
the only caveat we found is that the kind with added clay in it may be heavy and chunky and entirely too gross for human consumption. i'd still feed to my dog or cat or cow if i had one
light gray or off white is probably without any bentonite. the one with it was light tan/brown.

hth
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #138
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-EyedLady View Post
Thanks for the tip. I thought coconut products were diarrhea-inducing for some reason? I'll have to remember that the water is actually helpful.
My understanding is that coconut products are balancing. If you have diarrhea, it will help heal, if you have constipation, it will help heal. Coconut is very rich in potassium and magnesium as well as lauric acid. The oil has very strong anti-everything (bacterial, viral, parasitical, fungal) so whatever "critters" you've got that shouldn't be in your GI, coconut oil will help them go away. The water/juice is nature's perfect electrolyte.

With my 4th labor, it was the only labor where I remember to drink coconut water DURING labor. I never felt worn out and I never got the chills/shakes right after birth, either. With my 3rd labor, I got chills/shakes and dh gave me coconut water and they went away instantly.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013), Taedareth (06-22-2010)
Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #139
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

I now have a gallon of DE and have no idea what to do with it.

Maybe I should read through this thread...
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #140
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneMyHeart View Post
I now have a gallon of DE and have no idea what to do with it.

Maybe I should read through this thread...
Put a tablespoon in a few ounces of water. Stir well and drink it, baby!

Justice passed more parasites this evening! And he's such a healthy boy. All my kids have been. No symptoms, nuthin. I'm so glad we're doing this! And Fiona has been more regular since starting de than anything else we've done--and we've tried lots of things!
cobluegirl (06-11-2010), TuneMyHeart (06-11-2010)
Old 06-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #141
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

So far, Savana has passed quite a lot and the whole family was in the bathroom looking at it one night Luke has passed a few, Alyssa won't let me look at hers so I have no clue but she does give me info that indicates that it's working for her I am not sure I have any difference at this point

BUT everyone is having symptoms of headaches, restlessness and hard time sleeping worse than normal -- we have those symptoms without the DE

SO I hope it improves . . . gonna try thieves oil tonight on the feet to see if it helps

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #142
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

hmm... I haven't noticed any of that..but I would assume everyone is different...

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

the headaches could be a symptom of detoxing.....

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #143
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So far, Savana has passed quite a lot and the whole family was in the bathroom looking at it one night Luke has passed a few, Alyssa won't let me look at hers so I have no clue but she does give me info that indicates that it's working for her I am not sure I have any difference at this point

BUT everyone is having symptoms of headaches, restlessness and hard time sleeping worse than normal -- we have those symptoms without the DE

SO I hope it improves . . . gonna try thieves oil tonight on the feet to see if it helps
what did it look like?

and the first time around those were SO my symptoms. this time not as much. but i am also not getting constipated like i did first time so, overall, it's clear the first although brief cleanse did me a lot of good

sadly, my body pain has not improved at all
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #144
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

It's raining!

It's way too early for the summer rains to start. Now I'll have to go sprinkle my DE all around the house again instead of eating it.

Of course, we desperately need the rain and all that jazz. But I *just* got the DE down!

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #145
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

It looked like spidery white surrounding her bm's. Or white clumps. One seemed to swim off on it's own as we watched

Oh the thrill of parasites

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 06-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #146
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:

Oh the thrill of parasites

We had what looked like rice for several days even though we had not eaten rice (or anything similar). I know from being a cat owner that tape worms look like small grains of rice. eeeeeeeeewwwwwww! (and we are HAND WASHERS, as well. First thing, whenever we get in the house from being outside, being in a store, anywhere, we wash hands! I keep fingernails short and all that jazz. Just goes to show, we all have them. )

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-EyedLady View Post
It's raining!

It's way too early for the summer rains to start. Now I'll have to go sprinkle my DE all around the house again instead of eating it.

Of course, we desperately need the rain and all that jazz. But I *just* got the DE down!
That's a bummer! I bought the pest pistol specifically for dusting de. oops, gotta go.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #147
Peridot
Rose Garden

I stand before you, DeFrocked!!

Peridot has disabled reputation

We'll be starting on Sunday.

Maximus just needs the silica, maybe parasites/gut healing/malabsorption issues.

Minimus is terribly constipated, has been forever. maybe yeast.

DH and me, yeast, bowel irritation, Me- joint pain, cavities.

I'm hoping we start to see some significant health improvements.

I am not excited about the possibility of seeing parasites. If we all almost always have some, why do we need to get rid of them? Won't they just come right back?

"A normal, imperfect, LUMPEN human being!!"

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. and yet, one day Love himself barged into the Temple with a bullwhip and declared enough was enough. I will testify to Love.

Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #148
TuneMyHeart
Rose Garden

Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. Seal it for Thy courts above.

TuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeTuneMyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

How much DE would you recommend for a 4 year old and not quite 2 year old? I'd have to hide it in something for AK, and would have to start with just a tiny amount, or she'll refuse to eat it.

I'm very nervous about dealing with side effects. My kids are already cranky.
TuneMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #149
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuneMyHeart View Post
How much DE would you recommend for a 4 year old and not quite 2 year old? I'd have to hide it in something for AK, and would have to start with just a tiny amount, or she'll refuse to eat it.

I'm very nervous about dealing with side effects. My kids are already cranky.
For 4 yo 1 t. 2 yo I think 1/2 t . . . but LisaM may know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot View Post
We'll be starting on Sunday.

Maximus just needs the silica, maybe parasites/gut healing/malabsorption issues.

Minimus is terribly constipated, has been forever. maybe yeast.

DH and me, yeast, bowel irritation, Me- joint pain, cavities.

I'm hoping we start to see some significant health improvements.

I am not excited about the possibility of seeing parasites. If we all almost always have some, why do we need to get rid of them? Won't they just come right back?
Just don't look if you don't want to see them. I have a sick fascination that I ask the kids to show me what's happening. Tell everyone to flush and don't look It's not so scary and the only swimming one I watched for a while cuz the poop was wiggling.

Parasites. . . .hmm. . .a nother thread here may be a better explanation BUT there are bad and I believe good. Kinda like we need to get rid of bacterial infections but we still need good bacteria -- we need to rid the bad and replenish the good.

Check out this thread http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=363863

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013), Llee (05-04-2013)
Old 06-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #150
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot View Post

They can come right back, just like anything. We are taking de to get rid of the parasites that our other immune boosting methods can't touch. Like "me" wrote, there are hiders that just can't be booted out any other way. Plus, the de has signigicantly helped my joint stiffness! It also cleans mold and putrefied fecal matter out of our colon. But, back to the parasites, we plan to continue eating lots of garlic and onions and generally trying to stay healthy. We'll probably do an annual de cleanse from this point on, to prevent a big infestation.
mandieolivia (02-07-2014), sweetpeasmommy (06-20-2010)