Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Treenahurricane
Rose Trellis

Struggling with life

Treenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cake Decorating!

Post away your decorated cakes! I love seeing what everyone comes up with for birthdays and other events! Especially if you turn a shaped pan into something other than it's originally intended shape!

Issy's 1st birthday cake for our luau, the "ducky island"
Wilton decorating icing, rubber ducks from Oriental trading co, sugar sprinkles, paper and toothpick palm trees, and crushed vanilla cookies for the sand.

Wilton class cake Feb 07, heart with rainbow
Practiced gel transfer technique, star tipping, dotting, freehand writing

Wilton class cake 2 Feb 07
Practiced Ribbons and bows, wilton rose and skewer rose techniques

Bob the Builder birthday cake June 07
Chocolate canned icing, candies, cookies, and toys

Philip's baptism cake June 07
White canned icing

Puppy birthday cake May 07
Chocolate canned icing, no crumb coating, white decorator icing
Used the birthday block bear wilton cake pan

Gregg's fishing birthday cake Sept 07
Grass tip and smooth top, wilton fishing man, misc plastic trees, marshmallow cream icing (too soft for standard decorating, but makes a good cover and tastes almost like a cream cheese icing)

Truck cake for my brother August 07 (can't find the close ups right now, I have them somewhere!)
Cut two rectangle pan cakes to layer to form the truck, standard wilton decorating icing from recipe

Philip's 1st birthday Alligator cake April 08
Large round pan iced blue (used grass tip with leftover from alligator to cover what I ran out of icing on the blue!), alligator made out of half of the 3D wilton bowling pin pan. Scales with petal tip, eyes and nostrils firm buttercream with black coloring painted on with paintbrush for vivid color. Teeth were "spring" candy corn that used the green shade to blend in. Jelly bean "rocks" detailing for border on bottom of cake (was a hit with the kids!)

Treenahurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cake Decorating!

Those are cute! I used to do them when my kiddies were really little...well the first two...the 3rd hasn't gotten much..LOL

I did Holly Hobby, Raggedy Ann, Thomas the Train face, Tigger.... I think that was it...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I love the alligator and the Bob the Builder! So cute and very creative!

I will see what I have on photobucket...

Here are a couple cakes that I have done in the last couple months.

For a Baby Shower

For my children's birthday party [First fondant cake]

Baby shower a couple years ago

Some frog cupcakes from 2 birthdays ago

and from the same party a princess cake [get it? Frog and Princess? ]

That is all I have in the photobucket.
Oh wait, Hello Kitty, but this was not for my kids

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Treenahurricane
Rose Trellis

Struggling with life

Treenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond reputeTreenahurricane has a reputation beyond repute

I love the castles! So neat! And Hello kitty is adorable-- so many star tips! I tend to smooth rather than star-tip things completely.

Do you use the store-bought fondant or do you use a different recipe?

Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I made marshmallow fondant, except for the red and black. I think it was CakeLady who told me to look into Marshmallow fondant, since the premade fondant tastes so awful. Marshmallow fondant is tasty and very easy to work with. And when it starts to get hard, I can just zap it in the microwave to soften it up a bit.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Eowyn
Deactivated
I support GCM!

I am no man!

Eowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond reputeEowyn has a reputation beyond repute

My pride and joy:

Nine 8-inch rounds, stacked, with a cream-filled dome on top, frosted with cream cheese frosting.
Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
Treenahurricane
Rose Trellis

Struggling with life

That is one big star wars guy! I have the wilton pan for him. Not as impressive as yours though!

Old 07-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
bostonsmama
Rose Garden

bostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond reputebostonsmama has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have many pics of mine on this computer....

Here's one I did for bostonsfirst birthday, his face *is* edible

Here it is w/the two chocolate cakes (I cannot spread choc icing smoothly, lol) In the background is his healthy 'boot' cake with gelatin icing

Old 07-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
CakeLady

These are all so awesome. I don't have any in photobucket, except the one in my avi. My cake site is down otherwise, I'd send y'all to that to take a peak.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
GodChick
Deactivated

RESPECT THE HEARSE.

GodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant futureGodChick has a brilliant future

subbing. I love cake decorating -- my late mother was a professional, and I love using her cake decorating stuff. I'll try to post some pics later.

I love that R2D2!

Oh, and Lindsey, I have that little fisherman guy too!
GodChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Wow, beautiful cakes! I can't wait to make some creations of my own!

off to look up MMF
Old 07-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
Treenahurricane
Rose Trellis

Struggling with life

Here is the cake I made last month for Isabelle's princess party. I used a barbie (removed the legs), one small round cake pan, and a steel mixing bowl for the dress (they were sold out of the wonder mold at Hobby Lobby that day). Typical decorator's icing. Mice are an idea from Family Fun magazine. They are strawberries with licorice tails, icing eyes and noses, and almond sliver ears.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

ok finally found mine... these aren't the best pics..but will have to do..LOL

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
LvnLtl1s

I LOVE all of these cakes! What talented mamas we have!

Here are some I've done:
These are from my cake decorating classes I took a few years ago

This is a peanutbutter cup cake I made for my husband's birthday. It was SO yummy!

These are from my niece's first birthday. She had a ladybug theme. I'm doing her castle cake this weekend for her Cindarella party. I'll have to post pictures when it's done.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #15
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

Those are so lovely!
That PB cup cake looks delicious!! What kind of cake/filling is it?

I am doing a cake for a shower this weekend. My back is really hurting a lot, so I am actually kind of dreading it and have been procrastinating. I should have made my topper already, hopefully it will set up in time.
Anyway, I will post a picture when I am done.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13