Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #61
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parasite cleanse--especially for children

i heard that if you've ever eaten any kind of meat, you probably have parasites... do you know if that's true?

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #62
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Ya, but if you've ever eaten fruits and veggies it can also be true like I mentioned, parasites are everywhere. I'm not sure what the percentage is if one actually compared meat to produce but I will forever have the visual image in my mind of a news coverage I saw on tv. 20/20 or something or other. They filmed produce as it was being shipped. Rodents running on the food and what not.
But back to meat. Ya, I have heard it can have it inside, I've also heard of fish as well (even after being frozen), but it can even have them if the person handling it at any point has them and isn't as hygenic as required.
I could go on and on but they really are everywhere. And the eggs can't be seen. Some can lay around for a really long time till someone comes in contact with them.
And contact can be airborne, through the feet, the obvious hand to mouth....
Edited to add:
The whole meat thing I think is going on the assumption of the environment parasites thrive on. With the standard in what cattle is fed and all the antibiotics they receive its pretty much a given they are going to have parasites. Add on top of that the fact that parasites can travel through the body and be in different areas. Which is why if you don't cleanse regularly you should NEVER allow the kids to eat any meat that has even the smallest amount of pink. Now my family for some reason lacks enzymes and one actually needs the meat to be a bit rare for the enzymes,if I'm going to give them steak med well I will give them de along with or immediately after. If I'm not going to give them de then its strictly well done. Adequate Enzymes are required to be able to produce enough acid to kill parasites in the stomach.

Last edited by me; 09-02-2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: little more info
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #63
Maggirayne
Rose Garden

Standing for gentleness and honesty

Maggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond reputeMaggirayne has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, that is good to know about the pink meat!

I've read some about the benefits of eating raw, which the thought of totally raw icks me out in theory, but I love my steak medium rare or well, rare. We've been grilling, and we give it to Elisabeth, she has teeth issues, and what I've read, things, I forget, are more bio-available in raw meat.

I did know that about the fruit and veggies.

What enzymes are necessary that you can take? Er, what enzymes kill parasites?
How can, what do I need to do so our bodies aren't susceptible to parasites?
Grace is not a destination, it's a journey.
I first learned to show grace to my child that was not shown to me, then I learned to accept it for myself, and only recently have I been able to have grace for others more.
~Sweetpeasmommy
A
Maggirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #64
me
Rose Garden

I wish I knew more about enzymes but the one company I asked wouldn't let me sign up for their on line course without being an employee of their distributors, lol.
But there are different enzymes you can supplement depending on what foods you aren't digesting well. When we don't digest/pass food as we should, that stuff sitting around becomes a hiding place for parasites and our bodies get to taxed working on the food to work on expelling the parasites. Enzymedica-digest gold is the one I take (have given to the kids in the past) its a sort of catch all for a wide range of foods, we use to be allergic to just about everything. Enzymetica I think its called is another brand (they have an autism logo on theirs), they have a bottle even strictly for teens, I thought that was nice to see.

We eat things like flour and processed foods so that's why I take them. The kids only took them while I was healing their digestive systems and getting rid of our allergies and asd symptoms. If we are traveling or having a junk fest ill give them some in apple sauce to help their bodies be able to pass the junk right out. It takes a lot to get junk food out, a bit more than my family can handle at times.

But that's just us. For others it might be just adding certain foods/herbs to their diet(like the ones I mentioned earlier).

And having regular bowel movements is really the key. If someone comes in contact with parasites or the eggs, if they can just pass them out after the meal closest to contacting them that's a huge portion of the battle. They won't have time to lodge in or release eggs.

And respritory (sp?) health should be mentioned as well. That can be done with foods/herbs added to the daily diet. Oregano, honey, stuff like that.

Probiotics are great and the kids eat yogurt daily for that. They use to take supplements. But when we had parasites we were taking really high quality probiotics. Might have been because the weren't eliminating as often as they should or maybe they were missing something to the big picture that would have made the good bacteria stick. I don't know. But for some that's not enough.once I cleaned out there pipes ((giggle)) they didn't need to supplement. A good yogurt with live cultures and fiber was all the need.

And then there's the whole yeast/thrush and parasite correlation. Not sure which comes first but some people are more susceptable to yeast. If there's yeast, there's gonna be parasites! Another environment they thrive in. So not just getting rid of obvious yeast but making sure its all out of the system will keep parasites from comming back. That might have been why the kids symptoms returned after I had the baby. The baby and I had thrush. Part of getting rid of it completely was not just internally but external as well. I had to rinse the dishes and clothes in gse or vinegar until we were thrush free. The older kids didn't have "thrush" but I could tell they were having yeast issues (white tongue, phlegm(sp?), odor when wiping after going potty. Just symptoms I'd come to recognize.
....Gotta go get the kids ready, hths ....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Maggirayne (03-19-2010), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 09-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #65
me
Rose Garden

Another thread recently, reminded me of some parasite info that hasn't been mentioned and is extremely important. When using anything as a parasite cleanse, it is absolutely important that you be sure your child is having daily bowel movements. If only once, you want to move towards 2 to 3 times a day. I know doctors will say once every 3 days is fine but it isn't! Common sense tells us if a child has had 3 meals every day for a week and goes only once every three days. The child still has something like 12 meals left to remove. Now I mention this with urgency because parasites are like roaches. If you see one there is likely thousands. If you start giving an antiparasite and killing them off this can cause an obstruction in a child who is constipated or not going as often as they should. And parasites not only cause diarhea but also constipation. Its documented that parasites, like pin worms can be dead, tangled up, causing a partial blockage. That's why so many older remedies include foods or herbs that also keep things moving.
Thought this was worth returning to mention since it is a sticky and referred to often.
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 03-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #66
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Simon had "toddler diarrhea" until he got appendicitis. He had horrific diarrhea following that, so they put him on flagyl (an anti-parasitic) for ten days, suspecting a c diff infection. He now has the healthiest bowels in the house. I think he had giardia, and it was the cause of the toddler diarrhea and appendicitis.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #67
me
Rose Garden

Natalie, what is your families routine cleanse since? We have ours, but now that I'm no longer battling allergies I would like to mix things up a bit, I'm always looking for other effective ways
Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #68
Rabbit
Deactivated
I support GCM!

You know how we say, "It works both ways!"

Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing since. I just keep him from drinking mud puddles, something he thought hilarious at 2.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #69
me
Rose Garden

Some prefer mud pies, he prefered milk shakes, tee-hee
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #70
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

Me~I've been looking for *food grade* DE for weeks now, and I cannot find it locally. And the online places I looked just seemed too expensive. Is it bad if we use non-food grade? (I'll be giving it to my bfing 14mo and my 3yo too).

Thanks for the help! I *know* I have parasites, and am excited to see the changes once we cleanse.

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #71
me
Rose Garden

It has GOT to be food grade!!! no one should EVER take non food grade. the de that's on line, food grade, should only be about 7-10 dollars. Its the shipping that usually brings the total to about 20-30 dollars. Which isn't much 'cause what I got has lasted my family of 6 over a year, going on two. We did a 90 day and take some on and off depending on the need since. We just did a 30 day for the yearly cleanse. I still have tons left. I saved the bags sticker and stuck it on the container. It says earthworks. I thibk I got mine from a distributor of them. I know wolfcreek on line also sells it.hths...it HAS to be food grade!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
homesteadmama (03-20-2010), Soliloquy (05-13-2010)
Old 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #72
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Coming back to all of this . . .

My almost-two-year-old has struggled w/ constipation off and on for over a year. She seems to be getting better and then it comes back. We've done EVERYTHING: probiotics, lots of fiber, magnesium, aloe vera juice, prunes, etc. I tried going g/f but it was just too much w/ a newborn and my dh traveling.

Anyway, after reading all of this now I really think she has a parasite issue as well. She also gets puffiness under her eyes now and then. Poor baby!

My DH is taking this right now http://www.hannasherbshop.com/app/we...web_100708.pdf because he was having some serious parasite symptoms and a local supplement store that we really respect recommended it.

I am going to buy some DE, though, ASAP.

I'm going to add this to the OP as well, but WORD OF CAUTION: DO NOT SEARCH FOR PARASITE IMAGES unless you are prepared to see some really graphic, tragic, and gross pictures. Truly, they are not for the timid or unprepared. Many parasite are not microscopic, in fact, quite the reverse. Enough said?

Last edited by Soliloquy; 05-14-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #73
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
Natalie, what is your families routine cleanse since? We have ours, but now that I'm no longer battling allergies I would like to mix things up a bit, I'm always looking for other effective ways
This is a bit OT but I am wondering how you got over your allergies. . . is it posted around here somewhere

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #74
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesteadmama View Post
Me~I've been looking for *food grade* DE for weeks now, and I cannot find it locally. And the online places I looked just seemed too expensive. Is it bad if we use non-food grade? (I'll be giving it to my bfing 14mo and my 3yo too).

Thanks for the help! I *know* I have parasites, and am excited to see the changes once we cleanse.
http://www.google.com/products?q=Foo...ed=0CCsQrQQwAA

I bought a 1 lb. bag because it was only a few dollars more than a half-pound bag and I figured we can give it to our cats and sprinkle it in our gardens this summer (keeps plant pests at bay!) and it gets rid of ants, too!
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #75
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

So i just stubbled upon this thread through google while looking for a parasite cleanse that is safe for nursing. (i am nursing a 16 mo) I just bought some de, and i already have some blackwalnut, wormwood, and clove tincture. and it is almost one week to the full moon so hopefully i can start it right away. but one question with the de is that it was mentioned to take it for 90 days, why so long?? most supplement/herbs you take for 30 day and then take a break, so i am just wondering why de you take for so long. anyway i am excited to not be hungry ALL THE TIME (my main symptom-- or at least the one that is most annoying to me, although i have had thrush, yeast issues and lots of other stuff too)
anyway hope resurrecting this thread helps some other people out there too

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote