Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #196
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post your great/surprising finds at Aldi!

The circular for next week is titled "Aldi finds".

On the off-chance "they" are monitoring this thread, I NEED those macaroons! They are the only dessert that don't make me tired. Maybe it's something about the coconut, or maybe it's that I eat them all day so don't sugar crash so bad.

It's creepy how Aldi is sort of on my wavelength about what they have for special buys. It gets to the point where I'll wait for Aldi to have something as a special buy even if I've never seen it there before and then they'll have it. I'd rather get it there since the buys tend to be a higher quality than I can usually get for my budget.

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeKids For This Useful Post:
Llee (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #197
Christore
Rose Bush

Christore is a jewel in the roughChristore is a jewel in the roughChristore is a jewel in the roughChristore is a jewel in the rough

My Aldi's is supposed to have a tablet for 99bucks starting today.

Does anybody have an idea if that is any good? Or it is a moot point to think about it as it will be sold out before it hits the shelves?
Krümel *Dec. '06
Schnüffelbär *Dec. '09
Christore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #198
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute

If it's not hooked up to the Google Play store or Amazon store, it's probably not good. The speed of those processors is tempting, though.

I did see a google play icon on http://aldi.medion.com/md99966/us/, but I don't see it stated explicitly.

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.

Last edited by ThreeKids; 12-03-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Christore (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #199
FaithnPraise
Rose Garden

AKA Dr. Duh!

FaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond repute

I'm super excited that 2 weeks from now an Aldi is opening up right down the street from me! Like, I'll have to pass it to go pretty much everywhere!!! I'm taking off work for the grand opening (yes, I'm that serious of an Aldi-holic)
FaithnPraise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FaithnPraise For This Useful Post:
Llee (12-03-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #200
solatido
Rose Trellis

solatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond reputesolatido has a reputation beyond repute

There was one tablet left when I got there. I wasn't there for one, but I wanted the keyboard and might get the stand/speakers if those go on sale later. Man, I am never going on Wednesday morning again or maybe it's only bad when all this cool stuff is coming out.
solatido is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solatido For This Useful Post:
Christore (12-06-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #201
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I have been stocking up on grass fed beef the last couple weeks.

Lately new things I've found are Simply Nature brownie mix and Simply Nature chocolate teddy grahams in individual servings. I love to stock up on the organic pasta sauces and pastas. We don't like much jarred pasta sauce, but we really do love this kind. It has much less sugar in it than other brands. And I still love that I can get organic free range chicken broth quarts for $1.69 or $1.79 depending on the week!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (12-03-2014), solatido (12-03-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #202
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

their candy cane joe-joe knockoffs are back
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
ThreeKids (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #203
melissa5317
Rose Bouquet

melissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud ofmelissa5317 has much to be proud of

Pogo stick.

So random, but my DS1 is going to be beside himself with joy come Christmas!

*ISTJ* with a little bit of aspie thrown in for good measure
melissa5317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #204
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
their candy cane joe-joe knockoffs are back
Are they free of artificial dyes?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #205
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

I got the fruit squeezies, with no extras in it, for $1.79.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #206
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKids View Post
Are they free of artificial dyes?
IDK, I don't care enough to check ...and I'd look at the package for you now but I already ate them all
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
blessedwithboys (12-06-2014), solatido (12-06-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #207
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/Listin...ID=-2036415587

The macaroons are innnn!

Dovenoir (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #208
schmamy
Rose Garden

FYI, the candy cane joe-joe knockoffs *do* have Red 40, if anyone else wanted or needed to know. Hasn't stopped me from devouring another package, but, yk...
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
ThreeKids (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #209
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Pleease pray they come here!

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #210
Contented in FL
Rose Blossom

Contented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the roughContented in FL is a jewel in the rough

We found a special wine there to heat and drink like a hot apple cider or wassail--it has made a special treat for me and DH when DS goes to bed on time It costs between $5-6 per bottle, which is a special treat price around here (we shop at Aldi to save $, because we need to, right?) but it lasts for a number of drinks each, so we have bought a few bottles

Other recent buys include:
--foam ornament kits ($2.99 I think for about 6 ornaments)
--fruit leather: 100% fruit, stickier than name brand at Walmart, but also cheaper. I just tell DS to 'eat it like a banana' and he uses the wrapper to keep his fingers clean

And they have, but I don't need:
--K-cups of quite nice-looking coffee
I could use them at work, so they appeal to me, but it's wiser to drink the free coffee or take my own decaf grounds that I already have in the freezer!

ETA: the wine is Christkindl Glühwein and is spiced red wine; 1 liter, 9% alcohol....

Last edited by Contented in FL; 12-17-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Contented in FL is offline   Reply With Quote