Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Vegetarianism & Veganism (Veg Support Forum) *Public* [Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Vegetarianism & Veganism (Veg Support Forum) *Public* [Join Forum to Post] A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #16
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

L-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meatless Meals in March

Coconut lime soup with mixed veggies - easy and yummy. I veggie-fied this recipe http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/coco...cken-soup.html
11/06 2/10 8/13
L-Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to L-Boogie For This Useful Post:
flowermama (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #17
TenderLovingWillow
Rose Garden

TenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here. I'm slowly inching from vegetarian to vegan..

*Mom to Four Munchkins
*Birth Doula
*Childbirth Educator
*Babywearing Educator
*Vegetarian
TenderLovingWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TenderLovingWillow For This Useful Post:
flowermama (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #18
flowermama
Owner/Founder of GCM
Administrator

Run with endurance the race that is set before you. . . Heb. 12:1

flowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Boogie View Post
Coconut lime soup with mixed veggies - easy and yummy. I veggie-fied this recipe http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/coco...cken-soup.html
Oh, yum, that looks good! I really want to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderLovingWillow View Post
I'm here. I'm slowly inching from vegetarian to vegan..
That is super exciting!

Vegan mom to my vegan kiddos DD1 (24), DS1 (21), DD2 (18), and DS2 (15)
And wife to my gentle DH for 26 years and counting

Instagram: gentleveganrunner
gentlechristianmothers
flowermama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flowermama For This Useful Post:
TenderLovingWillow (03-15-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #19
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

I made a cauliflower-sweet potato masala for dinner, and then we ended up in the ER with dd because of dehydration. (That's a whole 'nother rant. ) So, it was cold Indian when we got home, but still good. I ate it wrapped in the naan I made to go with the meal.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #20
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, Flowermama, tell me about your tofu scramble sandwich. What seasonings & veggies do you use? Or is it the same as you'd make for breakfast? Do you use it hot or cold in the sandwich? I need packable sandwich inspiration & this might be it.

Sorry, Christa, about the ER trip. Speaking of yummy Indian food

We've been busy with field trips & other commitments during the day, so my slow cooker has been pulling double duty -- soup overnight (minestrone, split pea, lentil) for the Thermos and dinner cooking during the day.

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommylove For This Useful Post:
flowermama (03-18-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #21
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

L-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond repute

Zucchini sliced into "noodles" with homemade marinara, sauteed spinach with sweet peppers, onions and garlic, roasted broccoli with lemon pepper and earth balance.
11/06 2/10 8/13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L-Boogie For This Useful Post:
flowermama (03-18-2015), TenderLovingWillow (03-17-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #22
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

Tonight will be oven roasted fajitas (onions, bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and zucchini sliced into sticks) wrapped in butter lettuce (instead of tortillas because we're grain free right now due to candida issues), chipotle lime slaw, peach salsa and mexican spiced roasted cauliflower with pepitas, chilled black olives on the side for the kids.
11/06 2/10 8/13
The Following User Says Thank You to L-Boogie For This Useful Post:
flowermama (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #23
flowermama
Owner/Founder of GCM
Administrator

Run with endurance the race that is set before you. . . Heb. 12:1

flowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tonight will be oven roasted fajitas (onions, bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and zucchini sliced into sticks) wrapped in butter lettuce (instead of tortillas because we're grain free right now due to candida issues), chipotle lime slaw, peach salsa and mexican spiced roasted cauliflower with pepitas, chilled black olives on the side for the kids.
My goodness, that sounds *so* good!!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylove View Post
Oooh, Flowermama, tell me about your tofu scramble sandwich. What seasonings & veggies do you use? Or is it the same as you'd make for breakfast? Do you use it hot or cold in the sandwich? I need packable sandwich inspiration & this might be it.
It's the same as I'd make for breakfast. When I make it I usually add poultry seasoning, garlic powder, tumeric, nutritional yeast, maybe a little Liquid Aminos for saltiness, and sometimes cumin. It can be either hot or cold. If you use the silken tofu in the aseptic box that's nice when making it cold. I add Vegenaise to it when I put it on sandwiches.

Last night I made these sugar cookies (in place of part of the flour I added 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and I added a little peppermint extract). They turned out so good! http://www.yummymummykitchen.com/201...hh-theyre.html

Vegan mom to my vegan kiddos DD1 (24), DS1 (21), DD2 (18), and DS2 (15)
And wife to my gentle DH for 26 years and counting

Instagram: gentleveganrunner
gentlechristianmothers
flowermama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flowermama For This Useful Post:
mommylove (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #24
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's a great idea, using the oven.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
Old 03-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #25
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

banana coconut pancakes this morning - 5eggs, 3tbsp coconut flour, splash of vanilla, 1 overripe mashed banana

Vegan split pea soup for dinner - http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/12...-pea-soup.html
Topped off with lemon, olive oil and smoked paprika. Serving it with a salad.
11/06 2/10 8/13
Old 03-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #26
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

Had a hankering for fajitas since L-Boogie posted about hers. So we had tri-colored pepper, onion, and avocado fajitas for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
Old 03-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #27
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

We are having quesedillas or fajitas tonight. I haven't decided. I don't think my kids will eat the fajitas though.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #28
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

We had honey-ginger stir fry tonight
11/06 2/10 8/13