Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #76
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

[quote=me ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTiger
I just emailed earthslivingclay to see if they would accept a money order! yay! I hope they do...

It's pure clay and I trust it for internal use.
Quote:
Dear Jodi,

Here is the information I have on the bentonite powder from our system :

This product is a highly purified montmorillonite clay refined from
selectively mined natural white bentonite deposits. That is the only
information provided by our supplier in regards to processing. This product
is listing on the FDA GRAS (generally recognized as safe) list for use as a
food ingredient. This is the only information in regards to taking this
product internally that we are allowed to state.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day !!

Thank You,
XXXXX (name)
Customer Care
I wonder where it is mined from? And if it is underground or exposed. I also wonder why some others specificy green clay and they say white
I wondered that too about the color - it is mined in Texas (product info from the wholesale website "This is mined in Texas and is considered a non-swelling , calcium type of bentonite.". Two things -- One -- that $8 is WHOLESALE as I am in a wholesale buying club
i.e. everything is really cheap - suggested retail price is $1.00 per ounce or $16 per pound Two - this is POWDER so it needs to be rehydrated

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #77
MamaLovesDaddy

Quote:
We are trying to use it on Alyssa's blackheads and breakouts and so far it's not doing anything but we are still working on it . I am tryiing to figure out how to get them to take clay internally but so far they are afraid to try
Another great thing for the face that goes well with the clay masking is to apply Apple Cider Vinegar to the face with a cotton ball. It kills bacteria and smooths out my face amazingly. I do the clay every other week and the apple cider vinegar every couple of days. It really works well on acne and in smoothing out the face. I use it after I wash my face in the shower, as an astringent or toner (it acts like an acid wash), and then I use moisturizer. My face always looks alive and vibrant from the ACV and clay rituals.

Keep using the clay on the blackheads - it can take a while to see results. One thing I would suggest is putting an "as-hot-as-you-can-handle" wet towel on the face (or steam it over a bowl of hot water with towel over the head) to get the pores nice and opened up. Then wash with a cleanser to get any excess oils over the face, then warm towel again... then clay. That will help the pores be nice and opened up so the clay can squeeze the black heads out easier. At the very least, it loosens them up so they can be manually removed (with the pore tool that has the little hole you place over the blackhead). My hubby has even tried those sticky strips for your nose after using clay and since the clay really does well at losening the dirt and removing the dead layer of skin the strips pick up WAY more blackheads.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #78
HummusDip

I'm just in awe at what all I can use this clay for! I have blackheads too!

I can't wait to get some!

OH yeah and Carol from ELC got back to me and said YES I can send a money order!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #79
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTiger
I'm just in awe at what all I can use this clay for! I have blackheads too!

I can't wait to get some!

OH yeah and Carol from ELC got back to me and said YES I can send a money order!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #80
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Im gonna try the acv, hot wash cloth, and other suggestions
It didnt instantly take my blackhead away either. I still get them, just not so bad. But then, I dont use the clay to its maximim benefit on my face. Sometimes I just put it on and wash it off like soap. Other times I put it on and actually wait 20 minutes

Thats great Mamat..

I found the difference in clays:
http://www.aboutclay.com/kinds_of_clay.htm
One is calcium bentonite and the other is montmorillonite.

I used the bronners/clay foam that I made on my face and body. My face looks and feels great still. Very balanced. But the rest of my body got a little dry. It doesnt with just plain clay though. I think ill stick to the foam with my face only
Oh! And I love the mint lotion I bought along with my clay this time. Its perfect for summer! It soaks right into the skin, completely. But it soaks in so much I wouldnt really call it a lotion in the traditional sense. Like Palmers or something.
We went to the beach the other weekend and since I dont use deoderant I thought I would put clay to the test. I put some clay lotion in my palm, then added enough dry clay to make it sort of a soft paste. I put it on my armpits and left. I didnt smell, much later that night I could smell a bit if I really cranked my neck, but it could have been the Tyson chicken I had. And ive got the preggo hormones and all.
Then Wed I had to go to my ob visit so I did it again. But after i put the lotion on, I dusted a little dry clay over. I didnt smell nor did I that night.

me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #81
HummusDip

Yippy! I can use it for deodorant too!!

Me, you're my hero dude. Keep posting away about all the things you use it for!! I'll take notes!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #82
me
Rose Garden

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #83
Dandelion
Rose Garden

Dandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond reputeDandelion has a reputation beyond repute

once again, let me say how much I am loving clay...
and can someone tell me some more about taking it internally. Like do you have to mix it with water first or could I just sprinkle on food. How much and how often can an adult/child ingest clay? And what is the deal with it never touching metal? Can I not use it in my blender because it will come in contact with the metal blade?
B 8/99
O1 5/03
V 6/05
M 7/07
L 11/10
H 11/12
O2 11/15
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #84
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacheetah
once again, let me say how much I am loving clay...
and can someone tell me some more about taking it internally. Like do you have to mix it with water first or could I just sprinkle on food. How much and how often can an adult/child ingest clay? And what is the deal with it never touching metal? Can I not use it in my blender because it will come in contact with the metal blade?
To take clay internally you would have to hydrate it first, then measure it for consumption after.
I would check with the distributor of your clay about the ratios and the amounts. aboutclay.com has lots of good info, worth reading. Especially about the types of clay and all about clays properties and how it works. I think the reason about the metal has to do with the negative and positive they discuss. I dont put it in the blender. I hydrate mine then keep it in a wine bottle, use to use a Glad bowl with lid. When I want to add it to something I just pour it out of the container. The ratio for internal and external is very different though. And if you have clay for external I wouldnt assume it can be taken internally unless you have checked first.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #85
me
Rose Garden

Got another use that I can personally say works. Removes moles!
I had gotten some light ones on my face after having kids and figured they were there to stay. They looked kind of like sun spots but if I ran my hand across my face I could feel them.
So the other night, I put some clay on my face, on the areas where I had them, played on the computer and instead of wiping it off, I just rubbed it off dry. I got up and applied some more. Let it dry, then rubbed it off dry. I could feel a little itching the entire time but my face started feeling like when I used the at home microderm for my eczema. So I did one more time then rinsed my face with water.
This morning while sitting on the couch I felt my face and felt like I had dried pieces on my face, sort of like the dried tip of a pimple or something. So I just pulled it off. I went to the bathroom a little while later and noticed I no longer had a mole where one use to be , it was a bit irritated from me pinching it off with my fingers. But I put some more on the area. Then washed it off after doing the dry rub off thing twice. Then right now, I was sitting on the couch and felt another spot like before. I took it off with my finger nails, went to the bathroom, and another had come off
These are little tiny ones but it worked in 24 hours!?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #86
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

ooh...will have to try that in my arm pits... you know those little skin tags...I have been trying Crystal's wart cream with little success.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #87
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
ooh...will have to try that in my arm pits... you know those little skin tags...I have been trying Crystal's wart cream with little success.
I dont see why you couldnt hydrate the clay with crystal's lotion. I wouldnt think there would be anything metalic in it
Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #88
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

ooh... I should try that.. her lotion has eo's in it...that is all i know..LOL

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 05-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #89
HummusDip

Good news is, the gal from earthslivingclay said I can give some clay to my cats too! I'm just suppose to put some in their water or something.

Question to me-when you do a detox bath, do you use a full 8oz bag per bath? She told me to, and to have my dh, then me, then dd all soak in it for 20 mins and then to water my plants with it. But she only sells 8oz bags and I'd hate to use the whole bag in one bath, but I will if that's what will work. I wish she sold larger bags!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #90
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

The stuff I got wasn't in a bag.. it was in a jar.. and it was 2 cup jar.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1