Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
mommie
Rose Trellis

On my way to a healther me.

mommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am not an organized person

got alot of dishes done.. wish i had paper plates. will hopefully complete all dishes tonight or tomorrow morning.
cleared thwe bathroom....really need to give it a scrub down when i get a chance.
will try for 2 loads of laundry tomorrow.
All typos must be assumed are from my friend auto correct and clumsy fingers.
mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommie For This Useful Post:
librarianjojo (08-09-2013), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #32
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go!
How are you doing at putting routines into place for maintenance? That's where I tend to stumble, I can get something clean but then *keeping* it clean...
The Following User Says they are praying for Kiara.I:
librarianjojo (08-09-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
mommie
Rose Trellis

mommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond reputemommie has a reputation beyond repute

i have no routines put into place at all.. so bad with them.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Is that something you want to start?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
mommie
Rose Trellis

yes it is. i would like to get out of the panic cleaning cycle
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #36
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Cool! Where do you want to start?
Starting small probably works better than implementing one giant routine, because that can seem overwhelming at first. So what's your *biggest* frustration, usually? Kitchen? Kids' toys? Laundry? You might pick a couple of small things. For instance, all the kids doing a 5-minute cleanup of toys before bedtime, and making yourself do one load of laundry, start to finish (put away in drawers/closets or as close as you can manage with the furniture you have) every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
mommie (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
mommie
Rose Trellis

i dont know, laundry and dishes and keeping rhw dinning room and living room floora clear gor now.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #38
pastelsummer
Rose Garden

I am where I am only by the Grace of GOD

pastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond reputepastelsummer has a reputation beyond repute

starting and maintaining a maintenance schdeule is so hard but it so SUPER rewarding. One thing I found to keep kitchen and dishes done, DO NOT have more than enough of anything than ONE day. When I had enough dishes to last us 3-4 days Iwas always putting it off but when i was forced to ONLY have enough for one day it got done and since it was such a small amount it was so much easier to get it done. I cut clothes down to 7 days worth of clothes that was about 1 load of laundry for each person and i ha set up days to do each person. I know it sounds hard and it was but once i had forced the issue (and i had to push myself so hard sometimes I wanted to cry) it got easier and easier. So maybe just start with cutting down to 3 bowls and 3 plates per person and 3 sets of silverware also. I truthfully did 2 each and was ok.
"Bubba" 3/09
"Princess" 9/11
read about *some content may be sensitive*
my life
My Poetry
I am not the princess in the tower, I have slayed my own dragons. I am the queen of my country leading the way.
If you want me you need to walk beside me not in front of me or behind me.
pastelsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #39
Thia
Rose Garden

Thia has disabled reputation

That's really rough with the dishes/sink! I have heard that some people will get a cleaning bucket and put it under the sink. They rinse all the dishes as they get used and put them in the bucket until it's wash up time. I don't know if that would help you or not.
Thia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
mommie
Rose Trellis

my luck with chores id forget the bucket. i have had some company over today.. didnt finish the dishes..but did pick up some of the toys the kids were playing with... however i currently have a hose and a tripod on my living room floor. which i will be picking up tomorrow morning i am tired so i am laying down... i am really tryi g not to out do.myself and then not want to do a thing for a while... so tomorrow... laundry wash folded put away... rest of dishes... possible full scrubb down of bathroom...maintian picking up living room and dinning room.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #41
Thia
Rose Garden

Thia has disabled reputation

Yeah, I'd forget the bucket too. LOL. I just mentioned it in case.
Thia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #42
mommie
Rose Trellis

only thing ive managed to do today is ride my bike with ddbto her doctor appt. have had a major headache since then.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #43
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Well, that's a pretty major accomplishment for the day! But I'm sorry you had a headache after. Hopefully it's eased off by now?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #44
mommie
Rose Trellis

i slept off most of the headache yesterday afternoon, then brought the kids to a friends house where we stayed most of the evening.
slept most of the morning... the rain drained my energy.
managed to pick toys up from the dining room, and living room, washed a few dishes and cooked me some food. I am amming for more dishes tonight only a hand full left..mostly silverware which i hate washing.
Laundry defintly needs to not.be ignored. i find myself not doi g it without a place for it. cuz it seems i always wash clean clothes that get scattered about.but i cant ignore it much longer.
i already feel good about the toy par down. i am glad my kids are getting into ages where the toys will start to decrease.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #45
mommie
Rose Trellis

why do i continue to buy cereal when it just ends up all over the. floor.