Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trace Minerals Supplements?

I would like to try a trace mineral supplement to see if it will help my hair loss and just general "blah" feeling.
I have had my thyroid checked a ton, and it is always normal, and yes, they have run *all* the tests.

I am leaning towards Young Living's Mineral Essence just because it is ionic minerals, and I heard ionic minerals are better assimilated, but I can't remember where I heard that, so I don't know if that is really the case or if that is just marketing.
Do any of you have one that you recommend? YL's is about 22 dollars for three weeks worth, so I'd love to go cheaper if possible.

Trace Minerals (brand) has one that is around $16 for a month's supply, and it has D3, which I need, too, but all the reviews are really talking about the vitD, not so much the minerals part.

I don't really know which minerals I really need, but I just assume get them all.

Do any of you take a trace mineral supplement? I don't eat enough salt to just use Redmond Salt or something. Do you find it helpful and did you notice a difference in your health? Which ones do you like, or which have you taken that did nothing for you?

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

Last edited by RealLifeMama; 02-12-2019 at 03:46 PM.
RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (02-16-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trace Minerals Supplements?

Yes, I have been very happy with Trace Minerals. We take Trace Minerals magnesium. It completely stopped my husband's restless legs symptoms. Other magnesium supplements didn't help so we believe Trace minerals is well absorbed by him.

If you'd like to explore ionic magnesium, I can also recommend ReMag. It's about $30 for a 90 day supply. Dr Carolyn Dean also has a product called Remyte that works well with ReMag for overall blah feeling.

https://www.rnareset.com
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (02-16-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

The ReMyte looks like what I am looking for.

I am trying to figure out how many days a supply that is.
Here is what it says
"Take 3/4 capful or 3/4 tsp twice daily in water or juice with food. You can also take ½ tsp three times a day. Begin slowly taking 1/4 tsp daily and increasing by 1/4 tsp every 2 days to a maintenance dose. Best taken in a liter of water - sipped through the day along with ReMag."

Does that mean that I put 3/4 tsp in a liter of water two times a day and drink it, for a total of 2 liters a day?
If so, that means a bottle is approx. a 1 month supply. Does that seem correct? (for the remyte)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

I just had a lightbulb moment.
I seem to drink plenty of water. However, on the days I feel most "off", I am drinking plenty but drink more because I feel so thirsty. As I drink the water, though, I just feel more thirsty, as if the water just is not satisfying at all- I feel more parched as I am drinking it.

I wonder if putting the minerals in my water would fix that feeling.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:09 AM   #4
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

This has helped several people I know: Add pink Himalayan salt to your water. Just a small amount. If you need it, it will taste good. If you don't, it will taste bad. So, you go by your cravings/taste. And use it for you food/cooking, too, instead of white salt.

You can also add Remyte or ReMag. If you need to stretch it out so the bottle lasts longer, then do it. Her products are really well absorbed so even a half dose of her product is better than a full dose of many other products.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Meant to add that it definitely sounds like a mineral deficiency. I feel SO much better since addressing minerals.

Drinking and drinking and feeling worse can mean you're diluting yourself too much. Add good salt and minerals and you may see a huge difference.

I know how you feel. I hope you can figure out what you need.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
bananacake (02-13-2019), RealLifeMama (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #5
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I forgot to add that ReMag tastes terrible. Don't go by taste on that. . The only way I can hide it is in chocolate milk. I take ReMag in a small amount of water and just chug it. Adding it to a full glass of water just prolongs the agony. . It tastes both salty and metallic. But a double dose can stop a migraine!

I've never used ReMyte.