Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #16
canadiyank
Deactivated
I support GCM!

canadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arm's Reach co-sleeper

We used the mini and it was ok. I was annoyed that it had a lip and was lower, so you couldn't really nurse right on it...well, maybe some mamas could, but I'm very small-chested. They did sleep in it for awhile and that worked ok.
canadiyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:31 AM   #17
rcsmom
Rose Bouquet

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz

rcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to allrcsmom is a name known to all

I really like ours. I didn't mind it being a little lower and both of my boys slept in it till they were about 4 to 6 months old.
rcsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #18
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

I used the original with A and the hardness of the mattress always woke her when I tried to lay her in it after nursing beside me. I finally put a soft,fleece blanket over (tucked underneath) and that helped.
I used bassinets with both boys and I prefer them because they can be rocked and come with music and simple mobiles. Craigslist
I have also heard awesome things about rock and play. A friend of mine uses two for her newborn twins and they sleep beautifully.
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #19
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute

We had one - sorry, don't remember the model, as it was over 10 years ago ().
The kiddo hated it, and I mostly left it in place as roll-over insurance since I didn't have a bed rail, and as a changing table.
He was high needs, though, and most nights slept on me, literally, clinging like a little monkey
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:18 AM   #20
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so from the sound of it, NONE of you have been able to make it level with your bed? For those of you who found a bedrail preferable.. what kind did you use, how did it attach, and where did you get it?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #21
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Elise View Post
Okay, so from the sound of it, NONE of you have been able to make it level with your bed? For those of you who found a bedrail preferable.. what kind did you use, how did it attach, and where did you get it?
The cosleeper edge and the bed part have a difference of several inches so you can't directly sidecar it like you could with a crib mattress.

We use the rock n play next to our need and have the foam bed bug rail - I love it for co sleeping. http://www.gobedbug.com
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #22
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
The cosleeper edge and the bed part have a difference of several inches so you can't directly sidecar it like you could with a crib mattress.

We use the rock n play next to our need and have the foam bed bug rail - I love it for co sleeping. http://www.gobedbug.com
*headscratch* Either we have a very high bed or a very low crib... I cannot picture how one would be able to sidecar a crib (I'm assuming you mean with it set up in a toddler bed conversion so that one side isnopen to your bed). Plus ours is a platform bed, so there would be a big gap in that case. I will look into the Bed Bug bumpers.. everything I'm finding on Amazon has reviews for not being very sturdy. Do they not make anything of quality anymore?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #23
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Elise View Post
*headscratch* Either we have a very high bed or a very low crib... I cannot picture how one would be able to sidecar a crib (I'm assuming you mean with it set up in a toddler bed conversion so that one side isnopen to your bed). Plus ours is a platform bed, so there would be a big gap in that case. I will look into the Bed Bug bumpers.. everything I'm finding on Amazon has reviews for not being very sturdy. Do they not make anything of quality anymore?
Our bed is tall. I got those bed legs you can buy to go on beds to use on the crib to make it higher (they lift the bed up, usually sold around back to school time for college kids to put on their dorm bed to make more storage underneath).

For a bed rail we used this: http://www.onestepahead.com/Safety/C...?omSource=SLI&

It attaches under the mattress, so it doesn't slid out. Worked really well.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #24
BelovedDaughter
Climbing Rose

BelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant futureBelovedDaughter has a brilliant future

Our bed is really high, thus why we can't make it level.

Married in 2010 to programmer hubby
Momma to A since 5/19/14

BelovedDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #25
Elibellamiah
Rose Trellis

Elibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond repute

I borrowed one for a little while and hated it. It didn't seem any better than a pack N Play to me, only it was a lot heavier, harder to set up, and stuck to our bed so we couldn't move it if we needed to. Maybe it depends on how high your bed is but it wasn't any easier for me to reach in and get the baby out than when I used a Pack N Play, there was still a bar in the way.
Elibellamiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #26
esperanza
Rose Garden

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

We also loved our rock and play. Ds didn't have reflux, but I think he liked how the sides cradled him. It was also nice to be able to gently rock him if he started to wake and was super portable. We used it until he turned 4 months old.

Then we also did the crib side car. Our mattress was higher than the crib too, but dh was able to get the metal arms that the crib sits on that normally point down to point up, thus raising the mattress. It's a little hard to explain. You wouldn't leave a baby there who could pull up/sit, since the mattress would be too high, but it worked while ds was smaller.

We also got the bedbug bumpers after reading about them on here. We like them- portable, easy to use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esperanza For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (07-29-2014), Katigre (07-28-2014)
Old 07-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #27
Stefanierose88
Rose Blossom

Faith, Torah, Family

Stefanierose88 is a glorious beacon of lightStefanierose88 is a glorious beacon of lightStefanierose88 is a glorious beacon of lightStefanierose88 is a glorious beacon of lightStefanierose88 is a glorious beacon of lightStefanierose88 is a glorious beacon of light

I used it with DD1 and although I usually had her in bed with me anyway it was nice to have as an option and really is just like having an extension on your bed!
Zipporah- 20 months
BABY BOY- due oct2016
Stefanierose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stefanierose88 For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (07-29-2014)
Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #28
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

We were given both a used Arm's Reach and Rock and Play with ds2. He slept in the Arm's Reach maybe, uh, once. Even swaddled he just didn't like it, and was much more comfortable with the Rock and Play, sleeping for longer stretches. After he woke in the Rock and Play I just brought him into bed with me, but it was nice to have a few hours of sleep alone. (And I also echo the pain and the neck way the Arm's Reach can't be level with the bed because of that rail lip.) He used the Rock and Play for a couple months before it didn't work for him anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
I mostly left it in place as roll-over insurance since I didn't have a bed rail
Yeah, this. Or for laundry. Or for dd to play in.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HuggaBuggaMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
MamaSam
Rose Bouquet

MamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to all

Ok I just googled rock n play,we have one of those too! And he DID like it!
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaSam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #30
euromom
Rose Garden

euromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant futureeuromom has a brilliant future

I used an Arms Reach for 2 of my kids and loved it. I don't remember which model but they both stayed in it til between 14-18mo. We did have one safety issue but that was our fault. With DD2, in DH's haste to set everything up he had forgotten to zip the zipper that zips all the way around. I walked into our bedroom one afternoon to find DD2 with only her head sticking above the mattress and the rest of her body underneath. Gave me a heart attack because had her head not gotten stuck she could have slipped all the way under. Thankfully once we noticed the zipper was undone we never had anything like that happen again.
mommy to my HBAC blessing dd- 01/10!

euromom is offline   Reply With Quote