Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #46
FaithnPraise
Rose Garden

AKA Dr. Duh!

FaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moms day out movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by megbar548 View Post
Hmm, FaithnPraise, you must have your FB privacy settings locked DOWN because I just looked through our mutual friend's (director's wife) FB friends and couldn't find you. I'm clearly out of practice with semi-stalking people.
I dunno...people find me and friend me everyday (including a ton of GCMs that find me through mutual GCMs) so I don't think it's that tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by megbar548 View Post
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to. Because one of my really close friend's adorable kiddos is in it, and I've never actually met him in person (b/c I moved away before he was born) and I really want to see that 3 yo movie star! Also, I'm told my 18 yo niece is an extra in one scene, but she's hard to spot. I've been hearing sooo much about this movie since they started casting calls b/c I homeschooled with the brothers who made it and some of the moms of kiddos in the film.

I'm hard on movies myself, but I don't think I liked it just because I know the people that made it. It took me through a range of emotions - I laughed, I cried (pretty tough for this INTJ but I'm a mom and "got" a lot of what she was saying even though I don't SAH and homeschool) and I totally understood the church images/situations too well

I think they totally hit a good niche of movie goers that often have nothing to see on the big screen (that doesn't include a ton of profanity, violence and sexuality)...so what I'm finding is that the people who didn't like it/thinks it sucks - honestly it wasn't "for them"; does that make sense?

FaithnPraise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FaithnPraise For This Useful Post:
megbar548 (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #47
TenderLovingWillow
Rose Garden

TenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't feel like it was homeschool specific either. I loved it.

*Mom to Four Munchkins
*Birth Doula
*Childbirth Educator
*Babywearing Educator
*Vegetarian
TenderLovingWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TenderLovingWillow For This Useful Post:
Findabhair (05-17-2014), tigerlily (06-04-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #48
CoffeeMom
Rose Bush

CoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant futureCoffeeMom has a brilliant future

It was produced by the Kendricks? I didn't know that. It seemed higher quality than their other movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to Keith

Caitlyn, 4
Abigail, 2

CoffeeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeMom For This Useful Post:
TenderLovingWillow (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #49
TenderLovingWillow
Rose Garden

TenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond reputeTenderLovingWillow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMom View Post
It was produced by the Kendricks? I didn't know that. It seemed higher quality than their other movies.

I'm not positive but I assumed it was. Had one of the same actors as Courageous in it.

*Mom to Four Munchkins
*Birth Doula
*Childbirth Educator
*Babywearing Educator
*Vegetarian
TenderLovingWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #50
megbar548
Rose Bouquet

megbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond reputemegbar548 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. The brothers we were referring to are the Erwin brothers. It's their baby. Apparently brothers making Christian movies together is a thing now?

mama to my 3 DD's:

Kelley 5.5 years
Nora 4 years
Hazel 1 year

still waiting to hold

Sophie Grace (2/10) David Jonathan (4/10)
and twins Ephraim James (7/12) and Jacob Ebenezer (8/12)
megbar548 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megbar548 For This Useful Post:
FaithnPraise (05-17-2014), TenderLovingWillow (05-17-2014)
Old 05-17-2014, 12:34 AM   #51
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it tonight, HILARIOUS! I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a REALLY long time.

Definitely not the movie to go see if you want a deep plot. But the humor was great, clean, and not at all male bashing. I really liked it.
ArmsOfLove (05-17-2014)
Old 05-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #52
FaithnPraise
Rose Garden

AKA Dr. Duh!

FaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond reputeFaithnPraise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMom View Post

No, I'm sorry if that was implied. It had a few of the same actors and it was distributed by Provident Films - so it had a few similarities as the Kendrick brothers movies.

Last edited by FaithnPraise; 05-17-2014 at 06:53 AM.
FaithnPraise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaithnPraise For This Useful Post:
CoffeeMom (05-17-2014), TenderLovingWillow (05-17-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #53
danou
Rosebud

danou will become famous soon enough

I haven't read all the posts in this thread.... so forgive me if I'm late to the party. I liked the light hearted humour, the candid lunacy and worn-out-ed-ness of mama etc. I didn't really appreciate the stereotyped Christians. - secretly wanting a forbidden tatoo, being caught with a drink in her hand, etc etc.
danou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danou For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (06-02-2014), squiddles (06-03-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #54
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

ArmsOfLove has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danou View Post
I haven't read all the posts in this thread.... so forgive me if I'm late to the party. I liked the light hearted humour, the candid lunacy and worn-out-ed-ness of mama etc. I didn't really appreciate the stereotyped Christians. - secretly wanting a forbidden tatoo, being caught with a drink in her hand, etc etc.
ITA with you on both aspects

I kind of cringe when "insider jokes" are used - especially when I know that "outsiders" are going to see it and accept it as truth.

But it was fun and I laughed a lot - Trace (sp?) was fantastic!
ArmsOfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmsOfLove For This Useful Post:
TenderLovingWillow (06-07-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #55
pirandellian
Deactivated

on moderated status

pirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond reputepirandellian has a reputation beyond repute

I REALLY need to go see this. I think I might go on one of DH's days off this week.. by myself!
pirandellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #56
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I still haven't seen this even though I started the thread Probably wait till it is available on DVD though..
Old 06-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #57
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

I agree on the forbidden stuff. Went with a few friends about 10 days ago. Had a lot of fun. I related way too well to the main character. Was ready to clobber her husband 5 minutes in. It had a fun ending. I'm sure this post seems really disjointed. I don't want to spoil anything.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #58
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

I was almost in tears the whole time, especially the ending. So, so hit home for me. I needed that movie. Love, love, loved it!!

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
ArmsOfLove (06-03-2014), milkmommy (06-03-2014), OnAMission (06-03-2014), The Tickle Momster (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #59
OnAMission
Rose Trellis

Formerly kdhfly

OnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond reputeOnAMission has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi View Post
I was almost in tears the whole time, especially the ending. So, so hit home for me. I needed that movie. Love, love, loved it!!
Me too! I don't think I have ever laughed and sobbed at the same time until this movie
The Following User Says Thank You to OnAMission For This Useful Post:
Codi (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #60
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhfly View Post
Me too! I don't think I have ever laughed and sobbed at the same time until this movie
Exactly!!

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
OnAMission (06-03-2014)