Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #91
HummusDip

Default Re: Bentonite Clay

It looks like earthslivingclay only sells 8oz bags?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #92
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.earthslivingclay.com/TLC_products.htm

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #93
HummusDip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
Yeah it only shows that the bath clay comes in an 8oz bag.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #94
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

or the one lb jar...which must be what I have. But the pics show other sizes...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 05-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #95
HummusDip

The 1lb jar is a different kind of clay, it's external and internal. The bath clay is a bit different. You can get the external/internal clay in large amounts, she was even saying 50lbs! LOL because I asked how much you can buy. But she only mentioned the bath clay being an 8oz bag and to use the whole bag per bath.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #96
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

gotcha..I just noticed that. I used the internal/external in the bath today. It feels nice. Sorry if I was frustrating you...I wasn't totally understanding what you were saying..pms brain...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #97
HummusDip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
gotcha..I just noticed that. I used the internal/external in the bath today. It feels nice. Sorry if I was frustrating you...I wasn't totally understanding what you were saying..pms brain...
lol you were defnitely not frustrating me! Just confusing me for a second, hahaha. No big deal at all. So you can use the internal/external in the bath? Maybe I'll just do that...
Old 05-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #98
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

That is what I did.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #99
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Mama-from your other posts I think you should use the whole bag. I would think you guys need the most detoxing as comfortably possible. Make sure if you start feeling tired or getting a headache you get out. Defintaley dont go over the 20 minutes for kiddos. You might even want to make up a batch of electrolyte for when each person gets out.

Normally, I would say you could probably get away with not using the whole bag but I think you guys should from what you have said specifically about why you guys are starting to use it. And since it is the whole bag she recommended, I would use the bag instead of the internal clay. The clay bath is half the price. But I have used the internal for baths when in a pinch. Once you have detoxed, you wont need to use near as much! Now we just sprinkle the water to turn it color and only do clay baths 2x's a week for 20 minutes.
BUT, we take it internally also.

Be sure you and dh detox internally. I was a bit tougher to detox since I was a grown up but the kids seemed to detox fine with the least amount internally and their baths.

Giving it to your cat should be a piece of cake. Just mix the hydrated amount for internal use and put it in some moist cat food. You could just put it in the drinking water but personally, I think it is better to make sure it is taken at once. And be sure you continue to give it to them on a regular basis. Im not sure about specific parasites but I do know that some have to be in the stomach for atleast 3 days to gestate(not sure if thats the correct word) but you dont want to forget for more than 3 days to give them their dose. Im not sure what the dose would be for cats though. Maybe 1/2oz like for a small child?
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #100
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

How would you determine when you were done detoxing??

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #101
me
Rose Garden

Agh! just lost my post.
I would be interested in how others determine that for themselves too!
For us, in a nutshell:
-increased energy
-daily bowel movements that have the appearance of the bowels being cleared. Yes, there are some specific things to look for. I googled like crazy medical sites and cleanse sights. I have never been able to go once a day even when I was a baby but I do now
-any chronic skin probs(like rashes, eczema, red pimple like bumps) clear and become sporadic or dont come back, they are no longer constant
-no more bad breath unless it is right after something in particular is eaten
-no more bloating that also lingers. if I bloat, I take clay, and it goes away instead of hanging around all day or having heartburn all night. the body is able to quickly pass the food without anything compacting behind something else to sit until it can be eliminated

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head.
Im having server problems so I better try to post this before I loose my connection again.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #102
thomer
Rose Garden

thomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond repute

Soo..... what are these specific things to look for your bowels being cleared? I'm too afraid to google it. If it's too icky for this thread you can PM me.

Also, do you think that you should avoid taking vitamins together with the clay internally (like meds)? I usually take a Flax oil pill and a Vit. B in the morning, and Calcium Magnesium at night. So should I start taking them at a different time? I was planning on taking the clay internally in the morning in a glass of choc. soy milk.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #103
FaithfilledGranolaChick

Ok, I want to go ahead and buy some....would I want to get the power and hydrate it myself? would that save me money and I can use it ANY way we want, right? does instructions come on how to hydrate it? should I get a book or should I be able to find enough instruction online for using it (measurements, frequency etc..)?

sorry if this was already covered I am feeling dense

Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #104
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

mine came in powder form which is good because the hydrated one will dry out. (she sent a sample...I have had to add water several times)

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #105
me
Rose Garden

You know Rachel, my first sample didnt dry out but my second one came a bit dried too , before I even opened it. Even after I put it in another container with a lid, after a while it started drying in there too. Only difference I used the first sample up faster.

Faith- So far I have seen/heard of clay in these ways, there might be other forms out there :
Powder filled capsules.
Internal/external hydrated clay in bottles and its more like a liquid.
Powder form that needs hydrating. Only the internal/external can be used in any way. Be careful not to take the external clay internally! I have found the powder to be less expensive.
Then the hydrated clay that is more like thick paste can dry out like mine did. But a touch of distilled water gets it right back. If you buy it like this or prepare it to be like this, you want to give the jar a thump and feel sort of a vibration. Thats how you know its done right. Not a good discription but aboutclay.com explains it better.

The clay I bought came with directions for hydrating. But since I really like the clay Im wishing I had bought the book that their site sells. Only because it would be so handy to have and reference instead of always emailing the distributor Or like the time I was googling and found how to use it in hair. If I had had the book I wonder if it already has all that in it?
You could probably find enough info on line and from where you get it to get you started though.
I noticed the hydrating ratios are just a tad different from my directions pamphlet and the aboutclay.com site, I just follow the pamphlets directions.

Tracy-pm'ed you