Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #1
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute
Default IgG test for me

My doctor wanted to do an IgG test because my inflammation levels continue to be so high. The clear allergies were eggs, beef, and bananas. Dairy was a secondary one and strawberries and oranges were pretty high as well. I think I know now why a lot of the special diets I have tried (GAPS, GFCF ect didn't help) and all the low carb diets, where I was eating eggs for breakfast every single day I'm going to schedule with a nutritionist to make a diet plan that will hopefully be more helpful now.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for AngelaVA:
FlyingBlueKiwi (04-29-2015), Quiteria (05-01-2015), Zooey (05-06-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IgG test for me

I hope it is helpful!

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (05-01-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #3
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Those sounds like really tough allergies.

Is it possible you'll tolerate them again after a six month break from them?
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #4
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

I think so. She said it's a leaky gut type thing. On the care plan she said also to avoid gluten, dairy, sugar, corn and rice. But there's like nothing left to eat. I'm kind of fed up with the whole "everyone needs to be gluten free" bandwagon, and after doing it already for three long years with no positive results (for me) I'm not planning to hop back on "just because". I definitely want to try eliminating eggs and bananas since those were clear allergens but the things that were mild responses to I'm not really on board with at this point. Honestly, I'm not on board with any more socially isolating cook everything from scratch after you drive all over town looking for ingredients diets. For me, the chronic stress and feeling of isolation totally negate any positive effects.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

The Following User Says Thank You to AngelaVA For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-03-2015)
The Following User Says they are praying for AngelaVA:
Quiteria (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
Quiteria
Rose Garden

Quiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond repute

That's the main reason we haven't tried gluten/dairy free, to be honest. Watching you and everyone else on the board who have tried it. I know a lot of people who have had great results, but I just can't put forth that kind of effort for a maybe it might help in general.

If bananas are a clear strong allergen, you might want to go latex-free, to the extent that you can do so without extra effort. For me, that means grabbing the nitrile or vinyl gloves for housecleaning, and the latex-free bandaids, and that's about it, and prices are pretty comparable. Well, and I'm not going to decorate kids' birthday parties by blowing up a bunch of latex balloons either, but balloons are more work than streamers or doing something that doesn't involve decorating, so not a big deal to skip.

Homeschooling mama to five:
a young adult (graduated!), two high schoolers, a big kid, and a kindergartner

And yes, they've all aged overnight since the last time you read my out-of-date sigg.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quiteria For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (05-03-2015), Zooey (05-06-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

Default IgG test for me

Yeah ever since I had DD1 I haven't been able to deal with latex. I have also been allergic to kiwi since I was a kid and I think that's related too. Stupidly I blew up a bunch of balloons for a kids party awhile ago and then my face and throat were all itchy and I realized I shouldn't do that anymore.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
Quiteria
Rose Garden

Quiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond repute

Banana, avocado, and kiwi are the three that I've heard the most about being cross-reactive with latex. I've heard someone mention cherries, too, but they seem fine to me, so I'm not willing to cut them out without a reaction.

Homeschooling mama to five:
a young adult (graduated!), two high schoolers, a big kid, and a kindergartner

And yes, they've all aged overnight since the last time you read my out-of-date sigg.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quiteria For This Useful Post:
AngelaVA (05-03-2015), ECingMama (05-03-2015), tempus vernum (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 05:46 AM   #8
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiteria View Post
Banana, avocado, and kiwi are the three that I've heard the most about being cross-reactive with latex. I've heard someone mention cherries, too, but they seem fine to me, so I'm not willing to cut them out without a reaction.
And chestnuts but chestnuts aren't a super common food.

I also have a latex allergy. So far, I haven't had an issue. I have a kid with kiwi allergy but our home is latex free so I don't stress about it.

The reason they are suggesting gluten free I'm assuming is that gluten is known to cause inflammation in the bowel that can cause inflammation to flare up all over. BUT the unfortunate fact of gluten/inflammation is that it can take 6 months for a child and 1 year for an adult to have a disappearing in gluten inflammation. However, I totally get the "not now cuz I have other fish to fry!" (((hug)))

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (05-05-2015)